BATTLE TALK ~ BRX (rounds 4 thru 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoff

Who's z man?

And well.. you've never proved me wrong anywhere yet :)

Shimei,

Way to abuse the rep system w00t :thumb:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Look out, Z Man....

There's a NEW punching bag in town....

Welcome, geoff!!! :wave:

(added in edit, this is the first time I've good rep'ed someone for bad rep'ing someone!)

Here it comes, Shimei! :D

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Bob delivers a smashing blow to the settled view in the ring

Bob delivers a smashing blow to the settled view in the ring

Shimei said:
I see RED! :madmad:

It's OK Shimei. Don't let the "our little evil god plans every baby rape and murder crowd" get you down - they are getting thier little Greek philosophy hinnies whipped in the ring and they know it. The truth will always win - lets just hope the greek pagan philosophers can't continue to get their lies out and keep sending multitudes to hell!

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CRASH said:
It's OK Shimei. Don't let the "our little evil god plans every baby rape and murder crowd" get you down - they are getting thier little Greek philosophy hinnies whipped in the ring and they know it. The truth will always win - lets just hope the greek pagan philosophers can't continue to get their lies out and keep sending multitudes to hell!
Amen!

Livewire

Regarding Dr. Lamerson's comment:

It is my contention that the only way this debate will ever make progress is for both Rev. Enyart and myself to “do hand to hand combat” over particular texts.

There are many issues within the church today that are debated by using nothing more than proof texts. Does this usually help to make progress in sorting out these issues? Not really. Each side genuinely feels that he has used the best possible biblical evidence to support his beliefs. When this happens it should be an indicator that something more is needed. Dr Lamerson and Bob Enyart could throw verses at each other till the cows come home and it would get this issue no where. Sometimes deeper study is needed to get to the heart of the matter. God is not the author of confusion. He doesn't purposely put seemingly contradictory verses in the bible. Sometimes we have to dig a little deeper.

Somewhere along the line, verses were interpreted differently than what was simply stated, i.e. God said "Now I know" but He really already knew and if God said "It never entered my mind" it was really already there. For the sake of argument, even if this were true, wouldn't you think that giving scripture a totally opposite meaning at least deserves to be investigated to see if this is the correct way to interpret it? I would think that big time banners should be going off if people are suggesting that one should do this to at least see if they are on the right track. And one way to see if one is on a the right track is to investigate the origins of interpreting verses in such a way which is what Bob did in his last post and I find it very discouraging that Sam refused to even acknowledge it.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dave Miller said:
(BTW, election is not just a Calvinist word, the only difference is that Calvinists say that
election comes from God, OV'ers think they gain election through their own personal
piety, er, I mean, "justified by their faith.")

:)
Being elect does not equal being saved (despite what Calvinists assume).

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Vaquero45 said:
On the 2peter 3:8 issue I think you basically repeated yourself, and I stand by my original answer. Same goes for the "I am" issue.

”… "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."(Rev.13:8).

Just after the fall of man, God had a plan to reconcile man to Himself. It is also easy to figure that God, having made free will beings knew they could fall, and had probably already figured how He would reconcile them. This is hinted at with the verse in Genesis 3.

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel."
NKJV

It doesn't mean Jesus was literally slain at the instant of creation. We don't say God became flesh and dwelt amongst us "from the foundation of the world".
Vaquero45, While I don't disagree with your point, the phrase "from the foundation of the world" in Rev 13:8 doesn't refer to when the Lamb was slain at all.

Please consider this.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Vaquero45, While I don't disagree with your point, the phrase "from the foundation of the world" in Rev 13:8 doesn't refer to when the Lamb was slain at all.

Please consider this.

Agreed completely. :doh: I had asked a person about this, I knew there was an issue with the title of the book, and couldn't remember what it was. I should have waited till I figured it out again. :)

Thanks for the lesson.

geoff

You can try and bash me all you like.. I dont really care.

I've been bashed by the best.. and interestingly enough, I am the only one still here.

:p

RightIdea

Geoff, I wonder if you might take a few moments to check out yesterday's BEL and let me know what you think, in thread about that show... I won't bash ya, I promise. ;)

RightIdea

geoff said:
I'll listen to when i get home.
Cant really do it from here (work)
Thanks! I know we're on opposite sides of the fence, but I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. I appreciate it. See ya later, bro.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
I've been keeping up on this debate, but I may have missed some things. Has anyone noticed if Sam L. has tried to alleviate himself from his self contradiction over how to determine a conditional prophesy or not?

Here’s a link to a post I made exposing the self-contradiction by Lamerson.

Click here.

post number 176.

I think that promoting and not self-correcting a self-contradiction in a debate is self-defeating.

Birdman

Turbo said:
Not if He wanted to create being that were capable of truly loving Him, because love must be volitional.
Why would God need to be loved? Isnt a better reason for creating that God wanted to make happiness?
--Doug @ 2005.8.27.21.17.23 PT :loser:

geoff

Right Idea,

I started listening, then realised that you were arguing as though there are only 2 views, saying things like "if you dont believe this, then you must believe this" - and of course, I believe neither. So I gave up. Sounds like you have been listening to Enyart too much.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Birdman said:
Why would God need to be loved? Isnt a better reason for creating that God wanted to make happiness?
--Doug @ 2005.8.27.21.17.23 PT :loser:

Can you say, "Uh, I don't know nothin about God or righteousness, but I should would like to be happy! I wunder how I's should go aboust makin' my's self happy?" :kookoo:

ApologeticJedi

Turbo said:
Being elect does not equal being saved (despite what Calvinists assume).

I think it is interesting that someone on here pointed out that the vast majority of the elect in the Bible, went to hell. If true (and I believe that person made a good effort to prove it) then our natural understanding of verses that use the word "elect", "called", and "chosen" needs to be re-evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.