BATTLE TALK ~ BRX (rounds 4 thru 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

doggieduff,

You said:
Jerry, you have yet to respond to my main point on this issue, that the LORD was speaking as a man! The man Christ's eyes were not in every place while he was on earth. In the same manner, the Lord's eyes were not in every place in Gen. 18.

So the Lord was speaking as a man.So what?The same Man was able to raise the dead.Just because He is a Man does not mean that He does not possess supernatural qualities.You say that because He is a Man He would not know what was happening in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah unless He went there personally to find out.

The Lord was not there when Nathenael was sitting under the fig tree,but the Lord Jesus said that He saw Him nonetheless:

"Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel"(Jn.1:48,49).

This superatural ability displayed by the Lord Jesus caused Nathanael to exclaim that Jesus is the Son of God and the Messiah of Israel.

But you say that as a Man that He would not have power like that.

It is obvious that you cannot see that Genesis 18:21 is not to be taken literally.The Lord would know what was going on in the wicked cities without having to go there in person to see whether or not the reports were true or not:

"I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know"(Gen.18:21).

In His grace,--Jerry
”Dispensationalism Made Easy”
http://gracebeacon.net/studies/shugart-dispensationalism_made_easy.html

Catatumba

Jerry Shugart said:
You finally got something right,doggieduff.

He DOESN'T LIE because that would obviously go against His character!

In His grace,--Jerry
”Dispensationalism Made Easy”
http://gracebeacon.net/studies/shugart-dispensationalism_made_easy.html
From 1Samuel 28:3
Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had mourned over him and buried him in Ramtha in his sepulchre. And Saul had put away the diviners and the wizards out of the land.
The Hebrew God is the Infinite Present tense; that means He (always) Is.
I do not see a future tense, do you?
And where is the LIE in I Am?

Status
Not open for further replies.