Battle Royale XIV discussion thread

Tico

Tico. I'm just telling you what the complete and inerrant words of God Bible is and where you can get one. You don't have to believe me.

You can't know this without being able to answer the following questions:

Who authorized Cambridge to maintain the purity of the KJB? When did Cambridge finally know it had a pure version to maintain? How did Cambridge know it was pure?

Here is a further question. You say I don't have to believe you, but is it a sin to reject the assertion that Cambridge has the authority to maintain the purity of the KJB? If so, when did God communicate this rule to mankind?

Shasta

The KJV translators got it from the Bishop's Bible

2 Timothy 2:15 Bishops' Bible
Studie to shewe thy selfe approued vnto God, a workman not to be ashamed, rightlie deuidyng the worde of trueth.​

The Bishop's Bible has apparently been superseded by the principle of translational abrogation which passed the mantle of inspiration on the the Cambridge edition of the KJV. Fortunately for us the Bishop's Bible was not inspired otherwise we would be stuck with all those Early English Spellings in stead of the archaic but more modern Elizabethan language of the KJV.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello again Will Kinney. You may not have noticed I wrote you some posts on pages 73 and 74. Posts numbers 1084 and 1096. I'm really looking forward to your answer so that I can get a 100% inerrant Bible for myself. I am certain that you are the expert on this subject so I am sure you can answer my questions in detail.
Thank you for spending the time.
DR

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Bishop's Bible has apparently been superseded by the principle of translational abrogation which passed the mantle of inspiration on the the Cambridge edition of the KJV. Fortunately for us the Bishop's Bible was not inspired otherwise we would be stuck with all those Early English Spellings in stead of the archaic but more modern Elizabethan language of the KJV.

we are still stuck with

rightly dividing

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet,

Based on the definition of error you used when you said, "The KJV is without error", please list all of the versions with errors and those without errors.

Every bible is the word of God.

When you study, you will find there are no errors.

Since you're a KJVO, please tell which KJB is the inerrant one?

You and heir keep going on and on about how the KJB is the only inerrant one, but so far, neither you nor heir has told us which KJB?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
only king james related bibles have
rightly dividing
no other bible has it

look here

Yep

heir and STP are just like an SDA.

SDA's invented King James Onlyism to protect their SDA.

heir and STP cling to King James Onlyism to protect their Hyper-Dispensationalism.

Just where would the MADists be if they couldn't tell everyone to "rightly divide"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do many of them contradict one another?

Why do many King James Bibles contradict each other?

You said a few days ago most are without error.

Translations from one language to another are subjective. One person will say the translation is perfect, another person will say the same translation is terrible.

A translation error to one person, is another person's perfect translation.

Which ones have errors?

Once again, I have asked you over and over again to tell us what an error is, and you keep refusing to answer the question.

Why don't you tell us what an error is before you ask more questions about errors?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Use the definition you used when you said "The KJV is without error" , and tell us which ones have errors.

I'm asking you.

You claim the KJB is inerrant.

Therefore, please tell us what an error is?

There's a reason you won't answer the question.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm asking you.

You also said the KJV was without error.

Which ones have errors?

Either every bible has at least one error, or every bible has no errors.

Until you tell us what an error is, I can't answer your question.

Why are you so afraid of the question?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(2 Sam 8:4 KJV) And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

(1 Chron 18:4 KJV) And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

Error?

genuineoriginal

You can't know this without being able to answer the following questions:

Who authorized Cambridge to maintain the purity of the KJB? When did Cambridge finally know it had a pure version to maintain? How did Cambridge know it was pure?

Here is a further question. You say I don't have to believe you, but is it a sin to reject the assertion that Cambridge has the authority to maintain the purity of the KJB? If so, when did God communicate this rule to mankind?

I went to the Cambridge website, and found that they publish the following translations:

English Standard Version
King James Version
New American Standard Bible
New English Bible
New International Version
New King James Version
New Living Translation
New Revised Standard Version
The Revised English Bible
Tyndale
Revised Version

Tico

I went to the Cambridge website, and found that they publish the following translations:

English Standard Version
King James Version
New American Standard Bible
New English Bible
New International Version
New King James Version
New Living Translation
New Revised Standard Version
The Revised English Bible
Tyndale
Revised Version

Wonder why the print impure versions?

Lon

Use the definition you used when you said "The KJV is without error" , and tell us which ones have errors.
I believe most word-for-word are true and accurate (and it is hard to tell the difference between them: NAS, KJV, ESV etc.). The idea-for-idea translations like the New Living Translation and the NIV are more subjective, though one agreeing with their theology would say they are without errors. I think, in such cases, I'm alright with KJV proponents. Some, even of KJVO allow for reading the other texts as helpers to their KJV reading. I have little beef with those either. If someone can, I'd encourage the reading of Greek and Hebrew (I have about a year of each). The Hebrew Bible has remain largely unchanged except for a bit of variance in copying. They are readily evident though, so we know which is the mistake (misspelling etc.). Even in the case of the Greek difference, which are more different because of missing verses, all translations put those verses either in with caveat or in the margins.

As I said, I realize such is unacceptable to many but if they at least allow for a person to read and compare, I'm not as bothered by the KJVonly movement. Some of the more fanatical will not allow that, thinking it undermines the teaching of the KJV. That has contributed to some significant problems in WA with nearly Papal authority and textual unavailability. It is almost as if those churches were medieval Catholicism once again. It was terrible and I hated seeing people become victims of that abuse. Many of them do not walk with the Lord any longer :(

genuineoriginal

I can't really see much difference in the spelling between the Bishop's Bible and the KJV.

I highlighted the difference in the verse.

2 Timothy 2:15 Bishops' Bible
Studie to shewe thy selfe approued vnto God, a workman not to be ashamed, rightlie deuidyng the worde of trueth.​

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV 1611
Studie to shewe thy selfe approued vnto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly diuiding the word of trueth.​

Last edited: