ECT Baptism

PhilipJames

Hello GM,

Christian Baptism; (1 Corinthians 12:13) "For by one Spirit are we
all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether
we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Amen!

Do you know the ordinary manner in which we receive that Spirit?

From the scripture I posted, and according to the teaching of all the apostolic churches... the ordinary manner in which we are Baptized by the Spirit is through water by the hands of a member of the Church.

Consider also Cornelius, who received an extraordinary outpouring of the Holy Spirit... he is yet given that Baptismal bath, completing his initiation into the Church.

Do you wish to delve further? Consider the water and blood that flowed from our Saviour's side when pierced by the lance...

These represent the 2 great life giving sacraments of the Church. (baptism and the Eucharist)

Just as Eve was formed by that which came forth from Adam's side, so to, is the Church formed by that which came forth from the second Adam's side...

Further we can liken our Baptism to the nuptial bath.. cleansing and purifying us... presenting us as a pure virgin to our Bridegroom.

THIS is where we receive our wedding garment that allows us to participate in the wedding feast worthily!

Peace!
PJ

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hello GM,

Amen!

From the scripture I posted, and according to the teaching of all the apostolic churches... the ordinary manner in which we are Baptized by the Spirit is through water by the hands of a member of the Church.

Consider also Cornelius, who received an extraordinary outpouring of the Holy Spirit... he is yet given that Baptismal bath, completing his initiation into the Church.

Do you wish to delve further? Consider the water and blood that flowed from our Saviour's side when pierced by the lance...

These represent the 2 great life giving sacraments of the Church. (baptism and the Eucharist)

Just as Eve was formed by that which came forth from Adam's side, so to, is the Church formed by that which came forth from the second Adam's side...

Further we can liken our Baptism to the nuptial bath.. cleansing and purifying us... presenting us as a pure virgin to our Bridegroom.

THIS is where we receive our wedding garment that allows us to participate in the wedding feast worthily!

Peace!
PJ
What a pile of Catholic dung!

john w

Hall of Fame
"Baptism is the outward symbol seen by man....." and all that jazz.

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles/guppies know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

" Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12 KJV

Buried with Him-not like Him."

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", desribes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2

They were identified with Moses. Also note Exodus 14:16, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29,15:19="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet/"dunked," not the Israelites.

DAN P

Christian Baptism

ordered by Christ:

Mark 16:15-16
/QUOTE]

Hi , and you say that Christ ordered Christian Baptism by Gentiles ?

#1 , What does the CONTEXT orders what Ethic group to preach in Mark 16:16 ?

#2 , Jews or Gentiles ?

#3 , You say what does CONTEXT mean ?

#4 , In verse 16 are 5 verb tenses , and WHY are 2 in the FUTURE TENSE , Passive Voice and in the Indicative Mood ?

#5 , Explain the FUTURE TENSE , please , if you can , and if you can not , your are a Low Informational Babe !!:deadhorse:

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
"witness to the world ....testimony...symbol " and all that jazz..

To those who agree that water baptism does not save, but it should be practiced as a " testimony", a "witness to the world" of our salvation, I ask:

Where was the lost "world"(or anyone, for that matter) in the 3 most notable baptisms in the book of Acts? Who was present in Acts 8 when the Ethiopian eunuch was baptized, except Philip? Just the chariot driver? Who was present when Saul(Paul) was baptized in Acts 9? Only Anias? Who was present when the Philippian jailor was baptized in Acts 16? Only his family? Nowhere in scripture will you find any verse that tells of water baptism as a testimony to "the world", lost or saved.

From a sensical point of view, would not the water ritual be a rather poor method to witness to the lost of your salvation? Just how is a sopping wet person a testimony to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Eph. 2:8-9 KJV............? A witness has a testimony, i.e., he/she speaks or writes of what has taken place. And just how does wet clothes, wet hair.....do that?

And how is a ceremony, that is, in most cases, performed within the walls of a church building, with mostly believers present, not the lost, effective as a testimony to the lost, i.e., most of the audience is saved! If those that contend that it should be done as a testimony to the lost, then, if they were intellectually honest, then they would go down to the nearest stream/lake/pond and start "dunking away" until the tadpoles knew their social security number.

The basic idea behind the concept of baptism is identification=placing or putting something into another substance, performing an action, with the resulting purpose of a change in the state of the item from its previous condition=change in identity, change in condition, change in status.

Symbol? No one was buried in water. The Lord Jesus Christ was not buried in a liquid grave, but in rocks, and buried when dead. In contrast, the "dry baptismal" candidate is buried as soon as he has received life!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

musterion

Beware of those who hold a form of religion but deny its power. (2Tim 3:5)

Peace!
PJ

Like this?

shrineofolofgoodhelpwisconsin.jpg

heir

TOL Subscriber
Symbol? No one was buried in water. The Lord Jesus Christ was not buried in a liquid grave, but in rocks, and buried when dead. In contrast, the "dry baptismal" candidate is buried as soon as he has received life!
These wet willies have never been crucified, buried and risen with Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christian Baptism

ordered by Christ:

Mark 16:15-16
/QUOTE]

Hi , and you say that Christ ordered Christian Baptism by Gentiles ?

#1 , What does the CONTEXT orders what Ethic group to preach in Mark 16:16 ?

#2 , Jews or Gentiles ?

#3 , You say what does CONTEXT mean ?

#4 , In verse 16 are 5 verb tenses , and WHY are 2 in the FUTURE TENSE , Passive Voice and in the Indicative Mood ?

#5 , Explain the FUTURE TENSE , please , if you can , and if you can not , your are a Low Informational Babe !!:deadhorse:

dan p

You make a good point! Christ Himself said that, He was sent ONLY
to the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel!" Therefore, ONLY Jews
were being spoken to, with respect towards "Water Baptizing!"

Gentiles knew nothing of the "Law," water baptizing, or anything
relating to God's dealings with the 'House of Israel?'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hello GM,

Amen!

Peace!
PJ

The Holy Spirit "Baptizes" believers into the Body of Christ! This
"Spiritual" process has nothing to do with 'water baptism!'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Refusing water baptism is tantamount to refusing Christ,

and is like two lovers shacking up together instead of being honorable and being married before witnesses and family.

God will not bless it, unless they repent.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

LA

You're wrong! Of course!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're an idiot.

Why do you endevour to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit?

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

LazyA is a poor soul!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nice word game heir. Those are all the same one baptism, none of those have anything to do with water baptism. You like to find a word out of place rather than what someone is actually saying and twist it. Touche...

Words have meaning, but not to you. That's why it's a waste of time to talk to you.

HisServant

Matthew 24

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

I hope you are smart enough to realize that the word tribulation here has nothing to do with a time period.

Just like other parts of scripture say we are to take joy in the trials and tribulations that God puts in our lives to test us.

Its the same with the word dispensation that is used in scripture... it has NOTHING to do with a time period.

Yet for some inane reason, you and your ilk have re-defined the two words to denote a time period... its really really inane.