At What Age Is One Too Old To Go Trick-or-Treating?

At What Age Is One Too Old To Go Trick-or-Treating?

• at age 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • at age 10

• at age 15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lon

Going out on Halloween, door to door Trick-or-treating, when is someone likely too old to go house to house for treats?
I still have fun with a couple of neighbors and do impersonations to see if he/they can guess its me. They of course can, no other adults come to their house. He/they always give enough candy bars for my whole family. On the same note, I give all parents a candy bar with their kids, even if they aren't dressed up. If an adult ever comes to my door with an outstanding costume, I may give them a whole bag! It is WAY better and to-be-encouraged fun than a lot of other things. I love when teens come to my door for the same reason.

Short answer: If it is good clean fun, everybody but the diabetics, and if they tell me, I'll give them carrots!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Thank you. It is interesting more voted so old. I would like the carrots for good pot roast. It is getting closer and closer to pot roast weather.

I Personally think those over eighty need to stay home, or else they might fall into some bushes and never make it home?

Lon

Thank you. It is interesting more voted so old. I would like the carrots for good pot roast. It is getting closer and closer to pot roast weather.

I Personally think those over eighty need to stay home, or else they might fall into some bushes and never make it home?
Nope. All they need is motorized scooters or wheel chairs. We should take up a collection to encourage exactly that!

(room to room costuming in the sr. citizen center would be great too! that and a good game of kick the can)

musterion

Told some neighborhood kids that if they were serious, to bring a king size pillowcase, not those sissy half gallon pumpkin buckets, and plan on being out a couple hours. Make it worth it. Go big or stay home. That's what we did, consarnit.

Danoh

Told some neighborhood kids that if they were serious, to bring a king size pillowcase, not those sissy half gallon pumpkin buckets, and plan on being out a couple hours. Make it worth it. Go big or stay home. That's what we did, consarnit.

Yep - the last time I went trick or treating as a kid, I hit upon the idea to take this big shopping bag into a giant high-rise.

Too much reading "Jack and the Beanstalk" lol

When I came out of that building, my shopping bag was completely full, not only with all sorts of candy from all over the world, but all kinds of other cool things people from other parts of the world give out in place of candy - a small Buddha; a gift certificate to Greek dance lessons; free movie tickets; you name it.

But mostly, all that cool candy - from Southeast Asia; Mexico; the Middle East; Puerto Rico; Poland; you name it - and man o man o man what a feast that was....

I really learned that great October day how wonderfully varied in people and their kindness the world sometimes is...

And when I came out of that big old building, the sky was still a beautiful orange - just like in the Peanuts cartoons...

What a wondrous day that was.

What a fitting end to my days as a child...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ok. vote

If you think I am crazy tot ing just put the age you believe is as old as one should be to TOT

Danoh

Ok. vote

If you think I am crazy tot ing just put the age you believe is as old as one should be to TOT

In your defense...

As with many differences of opinion in life, so with this one.

Often, people are simply not looking at a thing from a wide enough frame of reference.

Most will tend to look right past the obvious on either side of them; focused as they are, mostly on what is right in front of them.

For if one were to pause a moment, to look both to the left and to the right of a thing, not just straight ahead; one would will see a thing that differs, that has been there, all along.

That would impact one's conclusions.

In the case of your question, said thing that differs is the fact that most people don't ever really outgrow TOT.

Observe how many adults will take candy from the candy bowl, jar, or what have you, put out by stores, office reception areas, during one season's festivities, or another and so on...

In a sense, most remain kids at heart - at least; in this...

Just keep that in mind, and you'll be fine, k.

You'll know that really; you are not really all that alone on this...after all :)

Last edited:

Danoh

I got some candy :)

So did I.

I was out visiting various people and the candy was everywhere, and most just offered it to anyone who walked in the door.

A pizzeria was really cool - they were giving the adults pieces of their absolute heaven of an Italian beef-sausage combo sandwich with melted cheese, sweet peppers, dipped in beef juices - yum!

Lol - when I got home, my jacket had all sorts of goodies in the pockets.

All...bad for ya - hah-ha.

Back to the health kick, in a day or two :chuckle:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So did I.

Lol - when I got home, my jacket had all sorts of goodies in the pockets.

All...bad for ya - hah-ha.

Back to the health kick, in a day or two :chuckle:

I gave away some hard candy and ate those small Snickers bars. The bad part was it gave me constipation the next two days. Felling better now and it was worth it:banana: