Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Freak, there are people who justify abortion using you view. How would you respond to that?

Knight,

Many times beliefs are distorted and manipulated by people for wrong/immoral purposes. You're not discounting this belief because of what people may do with it are you?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,

Many times beliefs are distorted and manipulated by people for wrong/immoral purposes. You're not discounting this belief because of what people may do with it are you?

Kevin
Nope.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight,

This question stems from the post you made in my "jason upton" thread....

Are you a dispensationalist? If so, what kind?

Kevin

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
fool, when we die we do not take our flesh with us.

Upon death the soul is freed from the shortcomings of our physical bodies and therefore "matured" for lack of a better word.
I guess what I can't comprehend is how they can mature without experience.
You could posit that they become the person they would have become, but that sounds alot like predestination.
So the big mystery is what is this maturity without a context

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
I guess what I can't comprehend is how they can mature without experience.
You could posit that they become the person they would have become, but that sounds alot like predestination.
So the big mystery is what is this maturity without a context
I guess this will just have to be something that will eat at you for the rest of your life.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight,

There has been a couple threads about hell and if it's eternal or not so I'm just curious what you think...These are pretty simple questions so no long post is needed, unless you want to...

Eternal?
Not eternal?
If not eternal do the people in hell just get destroyed? or do they go to heave?

Kevin

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
In the Mediterranean first century, children were trash--especially female ones. The father got fed first, then the wife. Next the kids--if there was anything good left.

Jesus' "Kingdom of Equals" extended even to the least among us. That's why Jesus made so many savage attacks on family values.

I think that is an important context to use when understanding this event in Scripture.

temple2006

Some posters here believe that we are justified by the shedding of blood, that of Jesus. I have a question....If Jesus had been dragged, screaming and kicking, to the cross, would his shed blood justify us?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Chocolate. I am a chocolate flavored dispensationalist. :chew:

Errr.... Acts 9.

Knight,

For people who speak in tongues today....

Do you believe it is sin?
Where do you believe it comes from? Is it just people babbling?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,

There has been a couple threads about hell and if it's eternal or not so I'm just curious what you think...These are pretty simple questions so no long post is needed, unless you want to...

Eternal?
Not eternal?
If not eternal do the people in hell just get destroyed? or do they go to heave?

Kevin
Hell is eternal.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,

For people who speak in tongues today....

Do you believe it is sin?
That depends.

The people who falsely use tongues as a way to fool others into thinking they are somehow more righteous are sinning.

This is no different than all the phony faith healers who fool people to get them to be followers and financial supporters.

Where do you believe it comes from? Is it just people babbling?

Kevin
Yes. It's people just babbling. Some because they think they are doing something that they are not, and others are intentionally fooling people for profit or gain.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
This is no different than all the phony faith healers who fool people to get them to be followers and financial supporters.
are there any real faith healers?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
That depends.

The people who falsely use tongues as a way to fool others into thinking they are somehow more righteous are sinning.

Yes. It's people just babbling. Some because they think they are doing something that they are not, and others are intentionally fooling people for profit or gain.

Knight,

"...than all the phony faith healers...."

Does this mean you don't believe in healing? Or just that some people use false healing for profit?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
are there any real faith healers?
In today's dispensation? No.

Healing was part of God's fulfillment of prophecy for His people and the arrival of Christ. Healing was a sign.

Therefore . . .
the faith healers you see today are frauds and turn millions away from Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.