Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Yorzhik

It has become just the right brightness around here. Except that my monitor is failing and it is very dark.

Knight. Please be patient with Elaine and Christine. I've met that family and they are very nice.
I feel I am being very patient with Elaine. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Yorzhik

When I turn on my monitor, I have trouble signing in because the white text box is so dark against the black text. I have to wait about an hour for it to warm up enough to see pictures at all. And even so, pictures are hard to see if they are already dark even after a few hours of monitor warmup time. The brightness and contrast have been up to 100% for over a year now, but things get progressively worse. I think they will be buying a new monitor for me soon.
Monitors are dirt cheap.

Buy one and save yourself the agony.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Umm, yeah! :hammer:
I would say it's time for a new one. :chuckle:

Go here!
LOL... thanks Clete!

However... if you just need a monitor and not a complete system you are better off just going to your local electronics store (Best Buy, Office Depot, Comp USA) and getting a cheap monitor there.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I know it seems like I always get after you every time you change TOL's look, so I figure I should say that this time I actually like the new look. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

I know it seems like I always get after you every time you change TOL's look, so I figure I should say that this time I actually like the new look. :up:
Uh... gee.... thanks.... I think. :D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Knight

LOL... thanks Clete!

However... if you just need a monitor and not a complete system you are better off just going to your local electronics store (Best Buy, Office Depot, Comp USA) and getting a cheap monitor there.

One of my coworkers might be buyng a sytem from you in a little while. He was pretty impressed with the prices. Should I having him buy it through me since he's not a subscriber to TOL or can he just buy it himself?
He's also curious about warantees. What would he do if something went wrong with his new system?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

One of my coworkers might be buyng a sytem from you in a little while. He was pretty impressed with the prices. Should I having him buy it through me since he's not a subscriber to TOL or can he just buy it himself?
He's also curious about warantees. What would he do if something went wrong with his new system?
He can just buy it himself, you can just give him the link.

We offer a AWESOME on site warranty if he is interested. Its worth the extra money. With the on site warranty if a problem cannot be solved over the phone via a 1-800 number a technician will go to his location and fix the problem ON SITE!! :up: The on site warranty is offered in both one and three year varieties. Otherwise the standard warranty is free but the computer would need to be sent in to the factory if there was a problem with it.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
okay, I'm trying to post this banner in my signature.... I can't seem it get it to work. how would I post it in my signature?

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wamba the Fool

okay, I'm trying to post this banner in my signature.... I can't seem it get it to work. how would I post it in my signature?
Copy and paste this into your signature, and remove the space after the first square bracket:

[ img]http://www.theologyonline.com/photopost/data/503/2399Gondortree01.jpg[/img]

Mr. 5020

Originally posted by Turbo

Copy and paste this into your signature, and remove the space after the first square bracket:

[ img]http://www.theologyonline.com/photopost/data/503/2399Gondortree01.jpg[/img]
Apparently he thinks this thread is called "Ask Turbo!"

:D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Knight

He can just buy it himself, you can just give him the link.

We offer a AWESOME on site warranty if he is interested. Its worth the extra money. With the on site warranty if a problem cannot be solved over the phone via a 1-800 number a technician will go to his location and fix the problem ON SITE!! :up: The on site warranty is offered in both one and three year varieties. Otherwise the standard warranty is free but the computer would need to be sent in to the factory if there was a problem with it.

Cool, I'll let him know.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Turbo

:up: thanks

C

cattyfan

Knight,

I've noticed when looking at who is on what thread that very often guests are "reporting a post." I've also noticed that members rarely seem to report posts.

What is it the guests are complaining about on this website?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by cattyfan

Knight,

I've noticed when looking at who is on what thread that very often guests are "reporting a post." I've also noticed that members rarely seem to report posts.

What is it the guests are complaining about on this website?
This is likely a "bot" snooping through every link on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.