Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

I am to the point in my life where I am comfortable understanding that I am rarely going to see a movie, watch a tv show or read a book that agrees with my theology 100%. And that's OK!
For me, I'd have to add "sit through a sermon" to that list. But I don't think I'm OK with that.

Since this is "Ask Knight," I'm tempted to ask what you think I should do about that... but I think I already know what your answer would be. ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight,

Is there something unusual that happens if you start a new thread title with a double quote mark? :think:

philosophizer

Knight,

Why is it the only places I can log in are the home page or active page screen? I used to just click directly on a message's reply button and then log on after that, but that's been giving me an error message. Is it just some bad setting on my end?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

Knight,

Is there something unusual that happens if you start a new thread title with a double quote mark? :think:
Yes! It makes the thread title invisible on the main/active pages. It's best to use single quotes in that situation.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: ...Your "The Passion" thread seems fine though. Did you use an ALT code or something?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by philosophizer

Knight,

Why is it the only places I can log in are the home page or active page screen? I used to just click directly on a message's reply button and then log on after that, but that's been giving me an error message. Is it just some bad setting on my end?
You were away when we did the big "TOL overhaul". You may want to clear your temporary internet files and try again. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

Knight,

Yes..... placing double quote marks in a thread title automatically makes you misspell the word "Passion" as "Passon". :D ;)

Lucky

Hall of Fame

You were away when we did the big "TOL overhaul". You may want to clear your temporary internet files and try again. :)
I hate to be the "Bear of Bad News," but that doesn't help. You may want to clear those specific login scripts and try again. :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Turbo

Yes! It makes the thread title invisible on the main/active pages. It's best to use single quotes in that situation.
Ahh, that explains much. Thank you. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist

:think: ...Your "The Passion" thread seems fine though. Did you use an ALT code or something?
Not unless I accidently leaned on the key... that's possible...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

I hate to be the "Bear of Bad News," but that doesn't help. You may want to clear those specific login scripts and try again. :chuckle:
Tell that to the dozen people that it helped! :D

OMEGA

IGNORE

IGNORE

Knights night,

Can you tell me to the nearest '1000

how many people have me on their IGNORE LIST ?:D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: IGNORE

Originally posted by OMEGA

Knights night,

Don't flatter yourself.

As far as I know no one is ignoring you. :)

Lucky

Hall of Fame

Clete,
People who have turned on "Invisible mode" (on their Edit Options page) don't show up in the "Who's online" box. The "Online status" on their posts and profiles always say they are offline, even when they're on. And other users can't see what forum or thread they are currently viewing from the forum menus and the users online page.

A guest is someone who is viewing TOL who either doesn't have an account or isn't logged on.

I couldn't have said it better myself! :D
:knight: & :turbo: ,

I bolded the part that doesn't make sense when you see the following on the "Who's Online" page. If they don't have a user account, or if they do but aren't logged in, how can they do this?

(Something I thought of was that perhaps "invisible mode" folks show up as guests, but I'm not too sure about that either.)

Crow

Originally posted by OMEGA

Knights night,

Hey, how do these blank posts keep getting in here?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.