Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

Is responding to Skeptic equivalent to casting pearls before swine?
Only if he continually asked you to recount your testimony or something like that.

Mara

3 legged race champion
Originally posted by Knight

Isn't that enough????

:eek:

*shrug*

*mumbles something about answering questions with questions

Are you keeping your sword sharpened? :)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I like medieval times. Why did you chose the name Knight, Knight (not to be confused with good night, though I am sure you are good, Knight)?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by godrulz

I like medieval times. Why did you chose the name Knight, Knight (not to be confused with good night, though I am sure you are good, Knight)?
I think I chose the name "Knight" because knight's have armor and fight dragons... pretty much like me on TOL. :knight:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In case you missed the reason for this thread....

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Could you explain the 'Who's Online' box?
As I type the box says that there are 47 currently active (24 members and 23 guests). That part makes perfect sense but it only lists 13 users at the bottom of the box.
What gives? Why isn't there at least 24 user names listed?
And what exactly is meant by "guest"?

Clete

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete,
People who have turned on "Invisible mode" (on their Edit Options page) don't show up in the "Who's online" box. The "Online status" on their posts and profiles always say they are offline, even when they're on. And other users can't see what forum or thread they are currently viewing from the forum menus and the users online page.

A guest is someone who is viewing TOL who either doesn't have an account or isn't logged on.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Turbo

Clete,
People who have turned on "Invisible mode" (on their Edit Options page) don't show up in the "Who's online" box. The "Online status" on their posts and profiles always say they are offline, even when they're on. And other users can't see what forum or thread they are currently viewing from the forum menus and the users online page.

A guest is someone who is viewing TOL who either doesn't have an account or isn't logged on.
I couldn't have said it better myself! :D

LightSon

Knight,
What are your thoughts regarding Gibson's movie "The Passion of The Christ"? Is it God's tool? Do you have any reservations about it? Have you seen it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by LightSon

Knight,
What are your thoughts regarding Gibson's movie "The Passion of The Christ"? Is it God's tool? Do you have any reservations about it? Have you seen it?
I thought it was a great movie.

I am sure thousands will come to the Lord because of it.

There are obviously things in the movie that are credited to "creative license" but none of those things really bugged me all that much. There are also some Catholic overtones and that didn't really bug me that much either. I am to the point in my life where I am comfortable understanding that I am rarely going to see a movie, watch a tv show or read a book that agrees with my theology 100%. And that's OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.