Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hourglass

Could you tell me why there is a block and I cannot post a new thread on the forum or why I cannot read up on other fellow members. I would like to read former posts on a fellow member so that I can better tell what they believe. This is the only forum I have ever been on that will not allow me this access.

Thank you, for your time.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you tell me why there is a block and I cannot post a new thread on the forum or why I cannot read up on other fellow members. I would like to read former posts on a fellow member so that I can better tell what they believe. This is the only forum I have ever been on that will not allow me this access.

Thank you, for your time.
Once you become a registered plus member you will have more functionality. You need 50 posts and 14 days of service on TOL to become Registered Plus.

This mechanism helps us keep the spammers at bay.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hey Knight!,

I've been away for a while because I just kept getting too frustrated but I'm back for the time being and while I was trying to get caught up on some posts that were a bit old something occurred to me that I think would be a cool feature if its possible to create.

There should be a button at the bottom of each post that will take you to the first response to that post (i.e. the nearest post that quotes that post). Or maybe even to a screen that has nothing on it except responses that quote the original post.

That way people won't have to wade through all the muckity muck to find direct responses to a particular post.

Furchizedek

Search?

Search?

I don't seem to have a Search feature. Other people say they have it, and the FAQ says there is one. Any idea why I don't have one here on TOL?

Norm.

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't seem to have a Search feature. Other people say they have it, and the FAQ says there is one. Any idea why I don't have one here on TOL?

Norm.
When you become a registered Plus member you will get the search feature. (50 plus posts as well as 14 days of being a member will promote you to registered plus)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hey Knight!,

I've been away for a while because I just kept getting too frustrated but I'm back for the time being and while I was trying to get caught up on some posts that were a bit old something occurred to me that I think would be a cool feature if its possible to create.

There should be a button at the bottom of each post that will take you to the first response to that post (i.e. the nearest post that quotes that post). Or maybe even to a screen that has nothing on it except responses that quote the original post.

That way people won't have to wade through all the muckity muck to find direct responses to a particular post.
I like that idea.

I second the motion!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Knight!,

I like that idea.

I second the motion!
Have you ever tried viewing TOL threads in "Hybrid or threaded mode"?

This thread might be too big but if you go to a typical thread click "display mode" at the top right of any TOL thread. Select "threaded mode" or "hybrid mode". It will show you the flow of the conversation at the top of the thread.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

This thread might be too big but if you go to a typical thread click "display mode" at the top right of any TOL thread. Select "threaded mode" or "hybrid mode". It will show you the flow of the conversation at the top of the thread.
:think:

mike.obrien56

my apologies if this has been asked before, but would the choice of "other", or "apathetic" for political leanings in the profile ever be possible?

Lon

LOL! I was just waiting for it with a smile :)

You never seem to disappoint Knight.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You've been getting too many softball lobs lately Knight. Time for one right across the plate with a sizzle on it. :think:

Fish or fowl?

Foul or fair?

Fare or free?

:plain:

how about an option for 'ignorant', then? (i'd pick it.)

Sure, it sounds great...but who would pick it?

:eek: That gets funnier if you think about it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've been getting too many softball lobs lately Knight. Time for one right across the plate with a sizzle on it. :think:

Fish or fowl?

Foul or fair?

Fare or free?

:plain:
Lets just say that if I were at the county fair and there were a free all-you-can-eat lobster feast you wouldn't find me complaining.

LightSon

Knight,
You've probably been asked this question before. Do you ever feel weary at having to read/endure the same arguments over & over & over again? How do you manage to not feel burned-out while administering TOL?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,
You've probably been asked this question before. Do you ever feel weary at having to read/endure the same arguments over & over & over again? How do you manage to not feel burned-out while administering TOL?
I often suffer "burn out".

I don't have the energy to battle morons like I used to. I can only hope and pray some young guns take up the battle.

I have to give myself frequent breaks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.