Arianism.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jehovah has no parent. He has always been. If you would study the Bible you would know that. Jesus is God's "only-begotten" Son---the very first thing created by Jehovah, and the ONLY thing created by Jehovah alone. (No mothers involved.)

:rolleyes:

WRONG. He is eternal. The Apostle John says so.

1 John 1:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

marhig

I'll speak simple and brief...
[MENTION=10015]Lazy afternoon[/MENTION] ... [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] would you answer some scripture questions?

May I ask you a series of yes or no questions linked to one scripture at a time? Maybe a couple 1 or 2 word response questions as well.

I'll give you the first one and you can go from there...

(Exodus 34:14)

Does God share His worship with anyone else?

And... (Malachi 3:6)

Does God ever change?

And....

Who's name was Paul Baptizing In?

(1 Corinthians 1:13)

Well they are certainly not yes or no questions!

Regarding worship, read Revelation 3, (below)what do you think about it?

Revelation 3

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.*Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.*

And God doesn't change no, but he does change his mind! (Isaiah 38); but I don't see what that and what 1 Corinthians 1:13 has got to do with anything that you are saying?

And you still haven't answered my question?

Where does it say in the Bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved? You should be able to show me with no problem seeing as it is so important, and seeing as you are tagging me in post after post trying to show me and others that Jesus is God, then surely it has to be in the Bible that we are to believe that Jesus is God or we won't be saved? Or even that we must believe that Jesus is God?

Where is it in the Bible? If it's not there, then it's not the truth!

Notaclue

Well they are certainly not yes or no questions!

Regarding worship, read Revelation 3, (below)what do you think about it?

Revelation 3

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.*Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.*

And God doesn't change no, but he does change his mind! (Isaiah 38); but I don't see what that and what 1 Corinthians 1:13 has got to do with anything that you are saying?

And you still haven't answered my question?

Where does it say in the Bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved? You should be able to show me with no problem seeing as it is so important, and seeing as you are tagging me in post after post trying to show me and others that Jesus is God, then surely it has to be in the Bible that we are to believe that Jesus is God or we won't be saved? Or even that we must believe that Jesus is God?

Where is it in the Bible? If it's not there, then it's not the truth!

1Chron.29:20.* And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king.

and worshipped the LORD, and the king.

#7812. shachah ►
Strong's Concordance
shachah: to bow down
Original Word: שָׁחָה
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: shachah
Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-khaw')
Short Definition: worship
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
a prim. root
Definition
to bow down
NASB Translation
bow (5), bow ourselves down (1), bow yourselves down (1), bow down (21), bowed (16), bowed in worship (1), bowed themselves down (2), bowed down (14), bowing (1), bowing down (1), bows down (1), did homage (1), down in homage (1), homage (1), lie down (1), paid homage (3), prostrate (2), prostrated (13), prostrating (1), weighs it down (1), worship (47), worshiped (31), worshiping (3), worships (2).

2Chron.24:15 (DRB) But Joiada grew old and was full of days, and died when he was a hundred and thirty years old. 16And they buried him in the city of David among the kings, because he had done good to Israel, and to his house.
17And after the death of Joiada, the princes of Juda went in, and worshipped the king: and he was soothed by their services and hearkened to them.

and worshipped the king:

There are many other verses where men worship kings. It is usually translated bowed down to.

@EE

Num.23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1Tim.2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

God is not a man.

neither the son of man,

and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He was before He died for us, but not now. He is Spirit.

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

LA

I know many of you using this to claim Jesus is still a Man.

But how do you explain no one, not even one, recognized Him after He resurrected right away?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Scripture says He is a man.

The fact that He has been made a life giving Spirit does not mean He is no longer a man.

He is a man with a life giving Spirit, besides His own manly spirit.

The ability to draw on His life giving Spirit is dependant on our knowing Him as the man that He still is.

But how do you explain no one, not even one, recognized Him after He resurrected right away?

How do we suppose He looked like,

and how were the disciples,

Luk 24:13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
Luk 24:14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
Luk 24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
Luk 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus in any form, is still Jesus..........

Jesus in any form, is still Jesus..........

As LA explained,...Jesus can still be a life-giving spirit and still be a man, meaning he is a human soul (personality) indwelt by God and further anointed/empowered by the Spirit of God, so he in his office as the Messiah, the SON of the Most High retains all the powers, authority and perogatives of being the Agent-Son of 'God', the Messenger of Great Counsel, the Savior of all. - this is the case no matter what kind of body he has.

Now in what KIND of body Jesus presently has we can only speculate,...he still serves his function as the Lord's Messiah, the Son of God,...all his titles and functions maintain :)

The fact of the matter is no one knows what Jesus looks like (all paintings of him are assumptions or approximations based on traditional ideas/images). - even if they claimed to have met Jesus, what proof could they provide? :idunno: - its all a matter of speculation and/or 'faith'.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As LA explained,...Jesus can still be a life-giving spirit and still be a man, meaning he is a human soul (personality) indwelt by God and further anointed/empowered by the Spirit of God, so he in his office as the Messiah, the SON of the Most High retains all the powers, authority and perogatives of being the Agent-Son of 'God', the Messenger of Great Counsel, the Savior of all..

Yes.

oatmeal

As defined by Wikipedia--

Looks Biblical to me.

LA

It depends on which aspect of the word "God" is meant when used in reference to Jesus Christ.

Most certainly God uses the word "theos" god in reference to Jesus Christ, but God likewise uses the word "elohim" and "theos" in reference to other human beings as well. Exodus 7:1 KJV God made Moses a god to Pharaoh. Moses was a god to Pharaoh. That does not make him the Creator or the Father of Jesus Christ.

As pointed out in other posts, "elohim" is used of men who represented God.

Moses foretold of a prophet who God would raise up out from the brethren and that prophet would be like Moses.

Since God referred to Moses as a god, most certainly it is reasonable and righteous to expect that a prophet like Moses would be referred to as god by God as well.

By viewing the totality of scriptures we can let the word of God, the logos of God be self evident without private interpretation.

daqq

If you do not believe that I am — — — — —, you will die in your sins. :)

Who is I AM, Daqq?

Lol, you demand the same as the Jews who sought to kill him in that very same passage; even though you yourself already have the passage written out and expounded right before your very own eyes in whatever translation you prefer, and in addition have had it explained to you multiple times here in various places in this board. The answer remains the same because the truth does not change: he is the same which he told you at the commencement of that passage, exactly as he says in that passage, (John 8:25). But since you claim that the Anointed One is YHWH Almighty in the flesh; why therefore do you neither understand nor believe the very words of the Anointed One? I therefore have no reason to believe your wild and spurious claims. I already know who and what he is according to the understanding of that very passage because the Word and Logos reasoning of the Son of Elohim tells me so. But if you do not have the Logos then you do not have the reasoning of the Son of Elohim. He did not come to glorify himself but the Father; while you seek to elevate him to equality with the Father: you cannot serve two Absolute Masters because you will inevitably choose the one over the other. You have not "rightly divided" because your Evil.Eye. has divided the Father and the Son and then turned and replaced the Father with the Son because you despise and reject the Living Logos-Word of the Father which is written in the Torah.