Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

Arthur Brain

"In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such a woman. Now what do you say?"

So, which is correct? The Law according to Moses or Jesus?

The legalists will do everything to maintain that stoning people to death is viable today no matter what, as evidenced on here lately and even in regards to children.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The law requires them, and none were brought forward with the woman accused of adultery. The Law has lots of requirements....not just allegations, but proof.

3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?”

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?”

and who caught her in the act? The teachers of the law and the Pharisees? All of them? Some of them?

Somebody else?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
the point glory was making (i believe - correct me if i'm wrong glory) is that when the teachers of the law and the Pharisees said "in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women" they were being dishonest

the Law said more than that - it spoke of the man being brought also, it spoke of witnesses

and it spoke very harshly of false witnesses

glorydaz

And you're going to believe those Pharisees who were out to trick the Lord? Naive, aren't ya?

Where was the man? Oops, they forgot to bring him in didn't they?

glorydaz

the point glory was making (i believe - correct me if i'm wrong glory) is that when the teachers of the law and the Pharisees said "in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women" they were being dishonest

the Law said more than that - it spoke of the man being brought also, it spoke of witnesses

and it spoke very harshly of false witnesses

Yep....unless she was committing adultery all by herself. :chuckle:

quip

BANNED
Banned
i don't understand what you mean by "set to" be stoned

and i'd be careful if i were you about believing you discern a "moral lesson" from the passage

Why, you don't believe that Jesus was imparting his moral wisdom? Do tell.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And the law said to stone her...instead they listen to Jesus. Follow your own advice Tripe.
The law said there must be at least two witnesses, and that those two witnesses were the ones to throw the first stones.

Deuteronomy 17:6-7 KJV
(6) At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
(7) The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.