Are You A True Believer?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What Is God Asking Us To Do? Just Believe the Scriptures.

Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
Rom 4:16-18
16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."
Heb 4:12-16
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
1 Cor 1:18-21
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:25-28
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
John 17:25-26
25 "O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.
26 "And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
Matt 6:33-34
33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Rom 3:24-26
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
(NKJ

xxx What is God asking us to do? He is not asking us to prove all them things in the old testament. He is not asking us to prove what happen in Jesus time. The only thing God is asking of us is to believe the gospel. Why? It doesnt make any difference that is all He is asking of us.
If something doesnt exist, but God says it does, believe it does. If God says He will do something, believe He will. Whether He does it or not. The intellectual idiots full of human wisdom have used their ignorance on the poor to long. The intellectual idiots have perverted the Word of God with their interpretations for to long. The intellectual idiots MUST filter the Word through their human wisdom before they believe it.

Matt 12:39-40
39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
40 "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:35-37
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Heb 3:12
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
(NKJ)

Heb 10:19-23
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have the same kind of faith that Abraham had. And it worked for him.

17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

I just purged out everything in me that was contrary to what is written.

1Co 4:6

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I believe that Jesus was a human being born of Human parents, who was an obedient servant to the Lord, who had filled him with his spirit, and of who, it is written in Acts 3: 13, "For the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors has given divine glory to his servant Jesus."

I believe that the man Jesus, has been given divine glory, by our God, 'THE SON OF MAN' and that he now sits in our Fathers throne of Godhead to the creation and that he has invited those, who like himself, are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, to sit beside him in our Father's throne.

But I do not believe the rubbish preached by the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine, who has twisted and corrupted the scripture to suite her old pagan beliefs. Rubbish, such as the so-called virgin birth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I believe that Jesus was a human being born of Human parents, who was an obedient servant to the Lord, who had filled him with his spirit, and of who, it is written in Acts 3: 13, "For the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors has given divine glory to his servant Jesus."

I believe that the man Jesus, has been given divine glory, by our God, 'THE SON OF MAN' and that he now sits in our Fathers throne of Godhead to the creation and that he has invited those, who like himself, are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, to sit beside him in our Father's throne.

But I do not believe the rubbish preached by the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine, who has twisted and corrupted the scripture to suite her old pagan beliefs. Rubbish, such as the so-called virgin birth.

I said
Good. I believe that to. But I also believe Jesus is the Son of God and in the virgin birth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Are you sure your using that on the right person? I'm the one that does believe it all.
I'm saying that many people claim superior faith than others, but Jesus says otherwise. We all have little faith, hence the mustard seed

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I said
Good. I believe that to. But I also believe Jesus is the Son of God and in the virgin birth.

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, is the SON OF MAN, who Abraham chose as his God. And it was the anointed one, who chose the man Jesus as his heir and successor, when his spirit descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove and the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my Son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee."

Even that, the Roman church changed to, "You are my Son in whom I am pleased," in order to make it seem that Jesus was born a Son of God before he was baptised.

See the more ancient authorities of Luke 3: 22; before they were changed by the universal church of Constantine, In Luke 3: 22; (In place of “Thou art my beloved son in who I am well pleased.”) The following authorities of the second, third, and fourth centuries read, “This day I have begotten thee,” vouched for by Codex D, and the most ancient copies of the old latin (a, b. c. ff.I), by Justin Martyr (AD 140), Clemens Alex, (AD. 190), Methodius (AD. 290), among the Greeks. And among the Latins, Lactaitius (AD 300), Hilary (AD) Juvencus (AD. 330), Faustus (AD. 400) and Augustine.

All these oldest manuscripts were changed completely. They now read, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.” Whereas the original variant was, “Thou art my Son. This day I have begotten thee.”

Of course Jesus our brother, who is our chosen King and high priest, is a son of God, but he was born of human parents, Mary and her half brother Joseph, who were both sired by Alexander Helios/Heli, by different mothers. Jesus who we knew as a man, who was given divine glory by our God and who is now incontestably divine, and who invites his brothers, who, like himself, are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, to sit beside him in our Father's heavenly throne of godhead to the creation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, is the SON OF MAN, who Abraham chose as his God. And it was the anointed one, who chose the man Jesus as his heir and successor, when his spirit descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove and the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my Son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee."

Even that, the Roman church changed to, "You are my Son in whom I am pleased," in order to make it seem that Jesus was born a Son of God before he was baptised.

See the more ancient authorities of Luke 3: 22; before they were changed by the universal church of Constantine, In Luke 3: 22; (In place of “Thou art my beloved son in who I am well pleased.”) The following authorities of the second, third, and fourth centuries read, “This day I have begotten thee,” vouched for by Codex D, and the most ancient copies of the old latin (a, b. c. ff.I), by Justin Martyr (AD 140), Clemens Alex, (AD. 190), Methodius (AD. 290), among the Greeks. And among the Latins, Lactaitius (AD 300), Hilary (AD) Juvencus (AD. 330), Faustus (AD. 400) and Augustine.

All these oldest manuscripts were changed completely. They now read, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.” Whereas the original variant was, “Thou art my Son. This day I have begotten thee.”

Of course Jesus our brother, who is our chosen King and high priest, is a son of God, but he was born of human parents, Mary and her half brother Joseph, who were both sired by Alexander Helios/Heli, by different mothers. Jesus who we knew as a man, who was given divine glory by our God and who is now incontestably divine, and who invites his brothers, who, like himself, are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, to sit beside him in our Father's heavenly throne of godhead to the creation.

I said
I'm sorry but you really lost me with that first paragraph. I think your relying on the old testament to much.
Anyone who attempts to be justified by the old testament has fallen from grace.

Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[fn] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:2

Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.

Gal 5:3

And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

Gal 5:4

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There is no such thing as a "true believer".. \

Believe , believer , and believing are mistranslations. Yup the Greek word "pisteuo." mistranslated 248 times in the NT.

If your building your relationship with Christ on being "a true believer" , your on a false path. If anyone is interested and asks , i'll share what the correct path is.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Believe , believer , and believing are mistranslations. Yup the Greek word "pisteuo." mistranslated 248 times in the NT.

If your building your relationship with Christ on being "a true believer" , your on a false path. If anyone is interested and asks , i'll share what the correct path is.

Why not show that path and blow Squeaky away.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I said
I'm sorry but you really lost me with that first paragraph. I think your relying on the old testament to much.
Anyone who attempts to be justified by the old testament has fallen from grace.

Acts 17:11 New International Version (NIV) 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

What scripture do you believe, proved, that what the apostle were saying was really true? And if what the apostles taught was contrary to the only scriptures of those days (The Hebrew Scriptures) they would have been condemned as being false teachers.

Jeremiah 31:31-32 New International Version (NIV) 31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.

The only thing that was changed by the Lord, was the old covenant of circumcision and the fact that only by being obedient to the written letter of the law, could anyone be saved.

The Holy Scriptures of the Hebrews, justify everything I say.

And the scriptures reveal that the man Jesus was a genetic descendant of King David, who was a genetic descendant of Abraham, who was a genetic descendant of Adam, the Son of God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I'm interested in what you think.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why not show that path and blow Squeaky away.

I said
lol Your bitterness is getting worse.

Heb 12:15

looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Acts 17:11 New International Version (NIV) 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

What scripture do you believe, proved, that what the apostle were saying was really true? And if what the apostles taught was contrary to the only scriptures of those days (The Hebrew Scriptures) they would have been condemned as being false teachers.

Jeremiah 31:31-32 New International Version (NIV) 31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.

The only thing that was changed by the Lord, was the old covenant of circumcision and the fact that only by being obedient to the written letter of the law, could anyone be saved.

The Holy Scriptures of the Hebrews, justify everything I say.

And the scriptures reveal that the man Jesus was a genetic descendant of King David, who was a genetic descendant of Abraham, who was a genetic descendant of Adam, the Son of God.

I said
Now I see your deception. Your still holding to parts of the old testament.

Jhn 10:8

“All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

If you try to be justified by anything in the old testament you will fall from grace.

Luk 16:16

“The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

Mat 11:12,13

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
“For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[fn] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:2

Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.

Gal 5:3

And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

Gal 5:4

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I said
I'm interested in what you think.

Let me start by asking you a question.

What i'm going to share with you is completely about the understanding of what NT Faith and "faithing" is.

I'll start with this question.

Are you aware that we complete thousands of acts of "faith and faithing ' every day ?

I say faith and faithing because in the Greek texts there are two words for "Faith" , the noun pistis , and the corresponding verb "pisteuo'. Pisteuo , the application of pistis or what we know as Faith could not be translated into English. The reason , the English langauge has no word for the verb form of noun Faith.

So lets start slow because i have along journey down this path of understanding if your willing.

Let me start by this question so i can find out where you are in your understandings.

Are you aware that we complete thousands of acts of "faith and faithing ' every day ?