are you a feminist?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just because I'm still waiting for you to define your term doesn't mean I'm trying to define my way out of being a feminist. I simply defy your attempt to put me in a box with a label you won't define.

There are a lot of reasons why the feminist movement was necessary and inevitable, but I suspect you're using the word feminist as a pejorative without admitting that there are rights women have won that you wouldn't take away from them.

No, I'm not. You can take that back.

i may be a feminist. i'm looking for a smart, funny attractive woman that lives her own life, whatever she wants, while i stay home and take care of the lawn and stuff - i'll take the subordinate role in finances and her choices, and i control the grass -

Huckleberry

NAFALT!!!!1!!1! :angrymob:
(Warning: some crude language in the linked video)

From the video: Karen Straughan ("Girl Writes What?"): "...and you guys can NAFALT all over my comment thread, until it looks like a bomb went off, but until you can show me a single lobby effort on the part of feminists that has ever elevated men in an area where they are marginalized, where that elevation did not only not benefit women but arguably harm them...then I really have to conclude that you are 'all like that'."

If you're interested in checking your beliefs about feminism by examining those of an intelligent, reasonable anti-feminist, I recommend Karen Straughan. She has a large amount of work available on YouTube and many other places. Here's a few I recommend (with the caveat that her language can be rough here and there).

Feminism and the disposable male
Men not marrying? How deep does "the problem" go?
The tyranny of female hypoagency
Hi, Danielle. Nice to make your acquaintance
Response to Danielle, part 2
My address to the NY Libertarian party

All older works, as much as two or three years, but she has much more recent videos as well. In fact there's a lot to check out, if you're honest enough about your stance on feminism to challenge it.

If you're not, then don't be surprised when I or others call a Nazi, a Nazi...and care not a wit for the argument that "not all Nazi's are like that". It's a title and when you take it, you take all of it.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
All older works, as much as two or three years, but she has much more recent videos as well. In fact there's a lot to check out, if you're honest enough about your stance on feminism to challenge it.

I'm comfortable with where I'm at, thanks.

If you're not, then don't be surprised when I or others call a Nazi, a Nazi...and care not a wit for the argument that "not all Nazi's are like that". It's a title and when you take it, you take all of it.

And no one gets to tell me what I'm going to take.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yes. Also, he seems to get a little confused when he sees feminist and feminine in the same sentence.

feminist:

900x900px-LL-255bebf2_andrea-dworkin-feminist-s-007.jpeg

feminine:

FeminineRose.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
millions of babies are being killed before they are born

does it matter what you call the party that supports it?
does it matter what you call the ones who support that party?

you are worried about your homosexual friend or relative
he can take care of himself
but
not the baby
not the mother who wants to kill it

who are you going to take care of???

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Huckleberry

Does it matter to you that 38% of men are pro-abortion?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154946/Non-Christians-Postgrads-Highly-Pro-Choice.aspx

Do you realize that *your* party supports abortion?

http://www.republicansforchoice.com/
Yup. Abortion is supported by lots of groups these days, of which feminism as a whole is only one.

Besides, from what I've seen over the last year it seems feminism is more concerned with hashtag-mobbing the internet and policing online gaming. They don't seem to have much time for abortion these days.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Bump for chrys:

you can't define your way out of being a feminist

Just because I'm still waiting for you to define your term doesn't mean I'm trying to define my way out of being a feminist. I simply defy your attempt to put me in a box with a label you won't define.

There are a lot of reasons why the feminist movement was necessary and inevitable, but I suspect you're using the word feminist as a pejorative without admitting that there are rights women have won that you wouldn't take away from them.

they kill babies
and
you are a part of it
No, I'm not. You can take that back.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's too vague. You'll have to be more specific.

That is what a feminist is. That is what you are. You said you would like to see a woman President. If that is true, you are a feminist. I don't know how far you go, such as being a dyke or something nasty, but that is not the impression I got from you. Hence, my not knowing how much of a feminist you are willing to be.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, some degree is much better, Nick. Then we have the freedom to pick and choose. :)

Myself (not that I matter) and our Lord God has no issue with a woman working. A letter of divorce was a way of protecting women had no means of income at the time.

However, a mans job is a mans job. Some men's jobs are not even fit for most men. Even heathens like former professional basketball player Charles Barkley knows this and commented on it including regarding law enforcement.

glorydaz

Myself (not that I matter) and our Lord God has no issue with a woman working. A letter of divorce was a way of protecting women had no means of income at the time.

However, a mans job is a mans job. Some men's jobs are not even fit for most men. Even heathens like former professional basketball player Charles Barkley knows this and commented on it including regarding law enforcement.

I'm not brave enough to be in the army or even on the police force. Nor would I want to be a fire fighter where carrying someone out of a burning building would be on my shoulders. Even back when I fancied myself a women's libber, I would get angry about the girls that took jobs where the guys had to do their heavy lifting. I've seen a lot of that over the years.

Of course if I had to fight at some point, I'd want to load the guns...not raise up and shoot them. I'm just a chicken and that's all there is to it. I try to stick with what I can handle....if you know what I mean. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm not brave enough to be in the army or even on the police force. Nor would I want to be a fire fighter where carrying someone out of a burning building would be on my shoulders. Even back when I fancied myself a women's libber, I would get angry about the girls that took jobs where the guys had to do their heavy lifting. I've seen a lot of that over the years.

Of course if I had to fight at some point, I'd want to load the guns...not raise up and shoot them. I'm just a chicken and that's all there is to it. I try to stick with what I can handle....if you know what I mean. :)

yep, i know what you mean too - :chuckle: