are you a feminist?

staind.raindrop

it means you get someone from the democratic party that supports abortion
if
you don't elect someone from the republican party that supports life

Yes, that's how it works. It doesn't mean all independent voters support democrats or abortion. Independent voting means they choose who they support based on their beliefs and other factors rather than basing it on a party.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:doh:

If you really mean "Do you think of yourself as a feminist?", then you should ask that specific question.

He's been explaining it for many pages now. Does he need to start a new thread before you'll answer? :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's been explaining it for many pages now. Does he need to start a new thread before you'll answer? :plain:

What has he explained outside of claiming that all feminists are pro-abortion?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
you are supporting abortion
if
you call yourself a feminist

if
you call yourself a democrat

Why? Does taking a label mean you support anything and everything someone using that same label might believe or support?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What has he explained outside of claiming that all feminists are pro-abortion?

He has explained that his question was about who identifies as a feminist.

But yes, he's also been explaining that he thinks a necessary part of feminism is being pro-choice.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
it means you get someone from the democratic party that supports abortion
if
you don't elect someone from the republican party that supports life

There are loads of republicans that support abortion and planned parenthood, you are out of touch with reality. All the republican party is anymore is just left of center, while the dems are far left of center.

The days of conservative republicans are pretty much gone as are the blue dog conservative democrats and we are all being held hostage by both parties, and they should all be thrown out on their ... well figure it out.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He has explained that his question was about who identifies as a feminist.

But yes, he's also been explaining that he thinks a necessary part of feminism is being pro-choice.

That's just it ... it isn't necessary. There are views I support even though I do not categorize myself as *one of them*. Such as ... most Republicans are pro-firearms, pro-death penalty, anti-hate crime laws, etc., which I support.

Outside of this, I am disgusted with the party because the most vocal (like Chrys) promote so much animosity and hatred.

I support women being able to pursue a career OR being a SAHM. It's *their* choice. I am also a feminist because they do not expect women and children who are domestic abuse victims to just *deal with it* and keep the family together.

I will never agree that abortion is right OR should be a right. However, it's fairly obvious the best way to remain safe, secure and keep our children safe and secure is by relying on the person a woman can trust the most: herself.

Arthur Brain

if
you call yourself a feminist

if
you call yourself a democrat

Well, no you aren't, but this was obviously your dumb agenda from the outset even though you don't realize how thick it makes you look...

:plain:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There are loads of republicans that support abortion and planned parenthood, you are out of touch with reality. All the republican party is anymore is just left of center, while the dems are far left of center.

The days of conservative republicans are pretty much gone as are the blue dog conservative democrats and we are all being held hostage by both parties, and they should all be thrown out on their ... well figure it out.

you are deliberately misrepresenting the republican party
or
you are very confused

just recently in texas they passed a law restricting abortion
it took a republican governor
it took republican legislators
while the democrats did all they could do to block it
it is now on its way to the supreme court
where you will see four democratic judges vote to find it unconstitutional
two appointed by clinton
two appointed by obama
the five republican judges will vote to uphold it

there is difference
a big difference

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, no you aren't, but this was obviously your dumb agenda from the outset even though you don't realize how thick it makes you look...

:plain:

so what is really bothering you art?

we all know bybee beat you to the copycat thread

is that it?

Arthur Brain

so what is really bothering you art?

we all know bybee beat you to the copycat thread

is that it?

I had no interest in "copying" this thread. Your stupid 'labeling' simply makes you look downright thick. Someone is no more 'supporting abortion' by choosing to adopt the term 'feminist' than those men who coerced and forced their wives into having abortions back when women had no voice could be called feminists. If you think that didn't happen then you're even more thick.

Fact: A self proclaimed feminist can be pro life/anti abortion (as Rusha has told you)

So stop being an idiot.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
you are deliberately misrepresenting the republican party
or
you are very confused

just recently in texas they passed a law restricting abortion
it took a republican governor
it took republican legislators
while the democrats did all they could do to block it
it is now on its way to the supreme court
where you will see four democratic judges vote to find it unconstitutional
two appointed by clinton
two appointed by obama
the five republican judges will vote to uphold it

there is difference
a big difference

That law didn't restrict it, it just forced clinics to use the same standard as other outpatient surgical centers.

So they supported safer abortions, how is that blocking abortions?

You are the gullible one.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That law didn't restrict it, it just forced clinics to use the same standard as other outpatient surgical centers.

So they supported safer abortions, how is that blocking abortions?

You are the gullible one.

you can't be that ignorant
so
I must conclude you are deliberately misrepresenting the republican party

JacquelineDeane

nope

nope

are you a feminist?

no one here wants to say they are a feminist
but
they don't want to say they are not a feminist

bybee and spitfire are not timid at all
but
both were very reluctant to say whether or not they were a feminist
and
it took repeated requests to get them to say they weren't
so
what is the deal here?
why is this such a difficult label?
is there some kind of intimidation going on?

I'm not a feminist but my dad likes likes to call them "fems" or "feminine Nazis." He's a republican and a Baptist so I take it he does not like feminists very much.

JacquelineDeane

liar

liar

Nope ... Angel is right. You are wrong. The Republican party is pro-abortion, they just lie about it and you are gullible enough to believe them.

Where did you get this from? We are republican and yet we are anti-abortion and pro-life, so who says that the republican party is pro-abortion?