ECT ARE THERE TWO GOSPELS HERE ??

DAN P

Hi to all and Rom 2:26 reads , Therefore , if the Un-circumcision should keep the righteous requirements of the Law , will not not his Un-circumcision be counted for Circumcision ?

Who is the Un-circumcied ?

Who is the Circumcision ??

There is only one men that comes to mind who went from Un-circumcision to Circumcision in Acts 10 !!

It is Cornelius 11

What say you ??

dan p

Interplanner

There's one Gospel, but he was proving that a Gentile did not need to know about circ and could still have kept what mattered to God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi to all and Rom 2:26 reads , Therefore , if the Un-circumcision should keep the righteous requirements of the Law , will not not his Un-circumcision be counted for Circumcision ?

There is only one men that comes to mind who went from Un-circumcision to Circumcision in Acts 10 !!

It is Cornelius 11

What say you ??

dan p
You talking about Cornelius becoming circumcised physically in the flesh after his visit from Peter?

If so, I would venture to say that he did get circumcised in the flesh, even though it is not specifically told in scripture that he did.
The reason being that we don't see Peter and the boys even considering that Gentiles joining the group don't have to be circumcised until the meeting with Paul in Acts 15.
Even after the meeting with Paul when it was agreed that they would no longer require Gentiles to be circumcised, we still don't see Peter and the boys telling Jews that they no longer needed to be circumcised.
It was evident that Peter was not preaching the same gospel as Paul, as Paul's gospel very clearly states that, for the BOC, circumcision was never needed to begin with.

DAN P

You talking about Cornelius becoming circumcised physically in the flesh after his visit from Peter?

If so, I would venture to say that he did get circumcised in the flesh, even though it is not specifically told in scripture that he did.
The reason being that we don't see Peter and the boys even considering that Gentiles joining the group don't have to be circumcised until the meeting with Paul in Acts 15.
Even after the meeting with Paul when it was agreed that they would no longer require Gentiles to be circumcised, we still don't see Peter and the boys telling Jews that they no longer needed to be circumcised.
It was evident that Peter was not preaching the same gospel as Paul, as Paul's gospel very clearly states that, for the BOC, circumcision was never needed to begin with.

Hi and Acts 10:1-4 explain why Cornelius was not circumcised !!

I agree that that circumcision , and baptism , 1 Cor 1:17 and tongues are not needed today 1 Cor 13:8 !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and Acts 10:1-4 explain why Cornelius was not circumcised !!

I agree that that circumcision , and baptism , 1 Cor 1:17 and tongues are not needed today 1 Cor 13:8 !!

dan p
If Peter and the boys were already preaching the same gospel as Paul to Corny, then Peter and the boys would not have to meet with Paul later to determine if circumcision was needed for Gentiles.
We see the opposite.
We see them (Peter and the boys) still requiring circumcision right up until they met with Paul.
And even then, it was only to agree that Gentiles need not be circumcised and not Jews also.
So when Peter preached to Corny, he had not yet come to the conclusion that Gentiles need not be circumcised when he ministered to Corny about Christ.

We don't have a specific reference to whether Corny was circumcised after he was ministered to by Peter.
But it would be a reasonable assumption that Peter was not yet preaching that circumcision was unnecessary for Gentiles, and that Corny seemed very willing to practice what Peter's gospel was at the time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

DAN P

If Peter and the boys were already preaching the same gospel as Paul to Corny, then Peter and the boys would not have to meet with Paul later to determine if circumcision was needed for Gentiles.
We see the opposite.
We see them (Peter and the boys) still requiring circumcision right up until they met with Paul.
And even then, it was only to agree that Gentiles need not be circumcised and not Jews also.
So when Peter preached to Corny, he had not yet come to the conclusion that Gentiles need not be circumcised when he ministered to Corny about Christ.

We don't have a specific reference to whether Corny was circumcised after he was ministered to by Peter.
But it would be a reasonable assumption that Peter was not yet preaching that circumcision was unnecessary for Gentiles, and that Corny seemed very willing to practice what Peter's gospel was at the time.

Hi and that is what the OP in Rom 2:26 is all about and did not need circumcision and Rom 2:26 is the proof !!

dan p

DAN P

And .....

Seriously, Dan, why did you start 3 different threads in one day about the salvation of Cornelius?

This thread.
Plus this one: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-IS-CORNELIUS-NOW-IN-THE-KINGDOM-OR-THE-B-O-C
And this one : http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?129111-SO-HOW-WAS-CORNELIUS-SAVED

Please, Dan, help us have a more structured forum instead of starting multiple threads about the same subject to clutter it up.

Hi and one is asking how Cornelius was saved ?

One is asking if there are 2 gospels there ?

One is asking if Cornelius is in the Kingdom or the B O C ?

So , what is your compliant ?

dan p

DAN P

Hi Tambora , read Acts 15:5:10 !!

In verse 5 , the Sect PHARISEES and having believed , that it is necessary to circumcise and to command them to keep the Law !!

Then in verse 5 Peter stood up and in verse 10 , WHY TEST God to put a yoke of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we have been able to keep !!

Peter was going against circumcision and the Law of Moses and stood up for these disciples !!

dan p

God's Truth

It is Cornelius 11

What say you ??

dan p

There is only one gospel .

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Reexamine what God told Abram in uncircumcision and what God told Abraham in circumcision.
Yes, let's do that!

Here's the initial promise to Abraham:

Genesis 12
1: Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Immediately, we can see that there are two groups involved. A "great nation" and "the families (or nations) of the earth".

Fast forward a little.

Genesis 15
4: And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5: And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6: And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

So, Abraham, a heathen, yet uncircumcised, was counted as righteous by faith alone. No action was required in believing God's promise.

Moving ahead, God changes his name from Abram to Abraham and...

Genesis 17
10: This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11: And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12: And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

14: And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

The covenant of circumcision is given to Abraham, and an action IS required to remain in this covenant.

So, within the umbrella of the Abrahamic covenant, Gen 12:1-3, God is now beginning to set apart the "great nation" within that covenant.

From Gen 17 forward, it's all about the circumcision. It's all about getting that "great nation" through whom the nations of the earth would be blessed.

Well, the Messiah comes to the circumcision. The majority reject him, he's crucified, buried, risen, and ascended. Israel continues to reject the ministry of the Holy Spirit in early Acts, Israel is fallen.

But, God raises up another apostle with a message that was hidden in the scriptures concerning Gentiles, the uncircumcision.

Gal 3
5: He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6: Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7: Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8: And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9: So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

So, instead of blessing the nations of the world through the rise of that "great nation", they are blessed through the fall of that "great nation"...and, he can do it by their faith alone.

During Acts, you have two groups. Both are the children of Abraham, and both fall under the umbrella of the Abrahamic covenant. One group, a nation, are children of Abraham (in circumcision). The other group, a Body, are children of Abraham (in uncircumcision). The covenant of circumcision requires action, works. No action is required of the uncircumcision.

You can follow these two groups through the book of Acts. You can see the circumcision being diminished, you can see the uncircumcision growing.

The two groups are clearly seen here,

Gal 2
7: But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8: (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: )
9: And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

In Galatians, Paul contrasts the two covenants which spawn these two groups. He contrasts the Abrahamic covenant with the Mosaic (the circumcision). The promise is unto both, the Jerusalem above which is free, is the mother of them all.

Hope this helps...
:thumb:

DAN P

There is only one gospel .

Hi GT , and where does it say there in only ONE GOSPEL ?

In Rom 5:14 it says that death reined from Adam to Moses , SO WHAT IS THAT GOSPEL from Adam to Moses , CALLED ??

Give a verse as I have 2 verses !!

Are you going to AVOID the question ?

dan p

God's Truth

Hi GT , and where does it say there in only ONE GOSPEL ?

In Rom 5:14 it says that death reined from Adam to Moses , SO WHAT IS THAT GOSPEL from Adam to Moses , CALLED ??

Give a verse as I have 2 verses !!

Are you going to AVOID the question ?

dan p

There is only one gospel, one good news.

Acts 5:42
Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

DAN P

There is only one gospel, one good news.

Acts 5:42
Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

Hi and you AVOIDED the question and just threw something against the wall , hoping it would stick !!

Most bibles have notes and you should have check and would have found Gen 4:4 !!

If you knew your bible you would have checked Heb 11:4 and have your answer !!

So , now that you know , what would you call that gospel ?

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and you AVOIDED the question and just threw something against the wall , hoping it would stick !!
There is no scripture that I would throw against the wall.

Most bibles have notes and you should have check and would have found Gen 4:4 !!

If you knew your bible you would have checked Heb 11:4 and have your answer !!

So , now that you know , what would you call that gospel ?

dan p

Deal with the scriptures that I gave you.

Last edited:

DAN P

There is no scripture that I would throw against the wall.

Deal with the scriptures that I gave you.

hI and you call that a good answer , when I gave you the answers , and it explained in Gen 4:4 and in Heb 11:4 but pride took hold it seems !!

So what is the gospel in Gen 4:4 and Rom 5:14 also speaks to Gen 4;4 !!

So what was the gospel in Gen 4:4 ??

dan p

DAN P

Dan, you might as well be communicating with a Turnip when it pertains to GT.

Hi and that is is to be expected !!

I had a hard time with English , and some of these guy's just need a good JOBATION and I do have a lot of FUN !!

By the way a B Williams has cancer and needs prayer , you know him !!

dan p

God's Truth

hI and you call that a good answer , when I gave you the answers , and it explained in Gen 4:4 and in Heb 11:4 but pride took hold it seems !!

So what is the gospel in Gen 4:4 and Rom 5:14 also speaks to Gen 4;4 !!

So what was the gospel in Gen 4:4 ??

dan p

We have to believe and obey God as always.