Are homosexual relationships any different from heterosexual ones?

lost anomaly

Wow, and my spelling proves my age. I meant to type here instead of hear.*laughs at self*Well, it is 1:20 A.M. and I should be sleeping... I still feel dumb right now.

Last edited:

Kiwicottonball

Originally posted by Sozo
Only someone who hates God would have that view.

Statements like these are the reason why so many people turn away from Christianity, and religion in general.

You have no right to say such a thing. You have every right to believe whatever you wish, but no God I know of would give you or anyone else the authority to be so judgemental. You are not God, and yet you speak as though you have his divine authority. It is one thing to try and "Help" someone an entirely another to spew forth such hateful rubbish. Whether or not you believe homosexuality, gay marriage or anything else is right or wrong - that is your problem. But don't you dare accuse someone of hating God just because they have another view. I'd really like to know how that kind of attitude is any kind of reflection on true Christianity.

I am sorry for being so harsh, but stuff like that really makes me sick to my stomach. And what's worse is that people say things like that without even thinking twice.

LightSon

Originally posted by lost anomaly
... Because Jesus' died for me, I don't need to sacrafice anything because Jesus already sacraficed himself and because of him I can have a direct relationship with God, instead of through a rabbi or priest. ...

Hey lost anomaly,
Welcome to TOL. I see you are 14. You write very well for 14. :thumb: I suspect that Sozo will be nicer to you now that he knows you are so young. ;)

Perhaps you were limiting your statement to the context of Old Testament sacrifices, but when you wrote, "I don't need to sacrafice anything because..." I feel compelled to share this verse.

Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. "

So we present ourselves as a "living sacrifice" to God, not to earn salvation, but because it is a "reasonable" service to Him for what He has done for us.

Elaine

And the stereotype that all homosexuals are perverts is just that.....a stereotype. Have you ever REALLY known some one who was homosexual? and if you don't why is that?
I was acquainted with two sodomite "partners" who were my dad's coworkers. They stole a car from us.
(Now, before anyone even considers saying so, yes, I'm aware that this doesn't mean all homosexuals are thieves, and I'm not saying it does! The two I have encountered just happen to be, though.)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Elaine

I was acquainted with two sodomite "partners" who were my dad's coworkers. They stole a car from us.
(Now, before anyone even considers saying so, yes, I'm aware that this doesn't mean all homosexuals are thieves, and I'm not saying it does! The two I have encountered just happen to be, though.)
Yes, and the devout heterosexual Baptist businesswoman of my acquaintance who ripped off my wife when she orchestrated a bankruptcy to default on a sizable business loan my wife made to her. The old bat still has her new Cadillac and a very nice house...

But experiencing such anecdotal incident doesn't mean all heterosexual Christians are crooks either. (... remembering Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker :think: )... :chuckle:

Sozo

Originally posted by Kiwicottonball

Statements like these are the reason why so many people turn away from Christianity, and religion in general.

Is that your excuse?
You have no right to say such a thing.
As a matter of fact, I have a command from Paul to do just that. "Abhor what is evil"
You have every right to believe whatever you wish, but no God I know of would give you or anyone else the authority to be so judgemental.
How many "gods" do you know?
You are not God, and yet you speak as though you have his divine authority.
I'm sure not, and yes I do.
Whether or not you believe homosexuality, gay marriage or anything else is right or wrong - that is your problem.
It is also the view of God (that would be the God, not one of yours).
But don't you dare accuse someone of hating God just because they have another view.
I think you hate God (again that would be the God, not one of yours).
I'd really like to know how that kind of attitude is any kind of reflection on true Christianity.
Does true Christianity allow us to sleep with members of the same sex? Is that what you do?
I am sorry for being so harsh, but stuff like that really makes me sick to my stomach.
Imagine how God feels when you give "hearty approval" of those who practice perverse behavior.
And what's worse is that people say things like that without even thinking twice.
You just took the words out of my mouth!

lost anomaly

Originally posted by LightSon

Hey lost anomaly,
Welcome to TOL. I see you are 14. You write very well for 14. :thumb: I suspect that Sozo will be nicer to you now that he knows you are so young. ;)

Thanks for the compliment.

Perhaps you were limiting your statement to the context of Old Testament sacrifices, but when you wrote, "I don't need to sacrafice anything because..." I feel compelled to share this verse.

Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. "

So we present ourselves as a "living sacrifice" to God, not to earn salvation, but because it is a "reasonable" service to Him for what He has done for us.

That is a valid point. You've got me there.

lost anomaly

Originally posted by Kiwicottonball

I'd really like to know how that kind of attitude is any kind of reflection on true Christianity.

Originally posted by Sozo

Does true Christianity allow us to sleep with members of the same sex? Is that what you do?

Sozo,
I think Kiwicottonball was commenting about your general attitude. The vibes, so to speak, I get from you are very hostile and uncompassionate. But maybe that's just me.

One Eyed Jack

The question of letting homosexuals marry in the United States is not a religious debate or a moral one. The whole thing, I believe, is is it constitutional to bar homosexuals from marrying just because the are homosexual?

Of course not, and as far as I can tell, homosexuals have never been prohibited from being married. Granted, not many of them want to get married in the first place, as this generally involves pairing up with someone of the opposite sex. Not too many gay people seem interested in this prospect.

It is discrimination if you don't let them marry and discrimination is NOT condoned by the US Constitution.

Homosexuals are the only ones prohibiting themselves from getting married. Of course, considering how they're not interested in members of the opposite sex, this isn't really too surprising.

Plus, the Bill of Rights states the pursuit or happiness.

Really? Where?

How will two homosexuals marrying infringe on your happiness?

Doesn't bother me a bit, though I don't think there would be much in it for them.

lost anomaly

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

Really? Where?

Ok, So I was wrong and it's not in the Bill of rights. But's common knowledge that it's in the constitution. I haven't studied U.S. history in two years. That was my mistake. I will how ever be taking it next year.

lost anomaly

Of course not, and as far as I can tell, homosexuals have never been prohibited from being married. Granted, not many of them want to get married in the first place, as this generally involves pairing up with someone of the opposite sex. Not too many gay people seem interested in this prospect.

Does the constituion specifically(sp?) state the definition of marriage as man and women? Just curious.:think:

Greywolf

Homosexuals are the only ones prohibiting themselves from getting married. Of course, considering how they're not interested in members of the opposite sex, this isn't really too surprising.

Doesn't bother me a bit, though I don't think there would be much in it for them.

:rolleyes:

One Eyed Jack

Does the constituion specifically(sp?) state the definition of marriage as man and women?

There's talk of making an amendment that will do just that, but as of now, I believe the states individually define marriage.

ShadowMaid

Lost Anomaly, could you please to tell me EXACTLY where you stand in all of this? Why you think that, and what you think the Bible interprets? Do you have any scripture to support you?

lost anomaly

Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Lost Anomaly, could you please to tell me EXACTLY where you stand in all of this? Why you think that, and what you think the Bible interprets? Do you have any scripture to support you?

When this debate started I wasn't sure if I believed homosexuality was a sin. Because Jesus calls himself the "new covenant" I believe that the old testament laws are null and void. I had yet to see a scripture in the new testament that condemns homosexuality. I was proved incorrect.

Because of this whole debate I see that it is a sin. I think the Bible interperts that homosexuality is a sin. It was Sozo who gave the the Scripture Romans 1:21-36 to prove this.

I still however believe that it shouldn't be only a heterosexual right to get married and the definition of marriage should be changed. America was founded on the basis of equality and it should stay that way. I also still believe, while you can disagree with their life style, you should still be compassionate toward them. They are the kind of people who need your prayers and your guidence.

Last edited:

Kiwicottonball

Thanks

Thanks

Sozo,
I think Kiwicottonball was commenting about your general attitude. The vibes, so to speak, I get from you are very hostile and uncompassionate. But maybe that's just me.

Exactly. It isn't just you.

You can think whatever you want about homosexuality, but there is no need to be so hostile about it. I don't think Jesus went around saying "You must hate God!" No, he said what he had to say peacefully and logically. He didn't judge and he didn't intimidate. All I gather from your post is that you want to bully a 14 year old into changing her mind instead of actually stopping to explain what you think and feel. I guess it's easier to just make everybody fear God to turn them into Christians than bothering with explaining anything.

That said, I do not believe homosexuality is a "sin". That is what my moral code says. I do, however, see why other Christians would find it so. Whether or not my tolerance and acceptance is wrong is up to whoever. My Mother is a lesbian and while she has no desires to marry her partner I support her right to do so. Even if I thought it was wrong I would support that, because my opinions and judgements should not dictate her life. You can secretly think they are all going to hell, but it isn't your place to tell them they are. Let God deal with them if he sees fit to punish.

I really hate hostility, espescially when discussing Christianity. I am a Christian (though I am sure my above opinions will spawn many protests from the peanut gallery) and I do not find my religion imposing or fearful. I hate it when people make it seem so.