Are Calvinist, Catholics Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
There are two kinds of Christians. There are the real born again, blood bought Christians and then there are the counterfeit Christians. The counterfeit Christians don't know that they are counterfeits. They are not born again, blood bought Christians, but they think that they are.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe and trust in his Son Jesus Christ, plus nothing.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

This is a group of people that believe salvation is all about them. What they had done, their works, their obedience, their piety, they were trusting in what they had become and in what they were. They are trusting in themselves. They are counterfeit Christians.

"And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me you that work iniquity, Matthew 7:23.

How come Jesus never knew them? Jesus never knew them because that had never called upon him to save them. Instead of trusting in Christ, they were trusting in something else. Hell is going to be full of people that were trusting in Calvinism, Catholicism or some doctrine to save them. They have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. They are counterfeits. They talk like Christians, they act like Christians, but they have not been born again by the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

The biggest tip off that they are counterfeits is that they do not believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and justification by faith. A real Christian is one that has totally and completely committed himself to the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. He believes that salvation is by faith alone and Christ alone. Their is no room in his faith for a religion or a doctrine, other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Calvinism is known by many as Christless Christianity. There is no such thing as Christless Christianity. What there is, is people that profess that they are Christians, but they don't have the Holy Spirit because they don't have the Gospel. The Holy Spirit and the Gospel of Jesus Christ go together, you can't have one without the other. Those that have embraced Christ and his Gospel as their only means of salvation and have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10, are the only ones that are saved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be tod do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

Robert Pate

Banned
Squeaky.

All who have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the Christians life that will produce good works and the Christian life. It is all of God, Ephesians 2:10.

Epoisses

Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be tod do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

Faith alone is one of the most attacked and misunderstood of all Protestant beliefs. Faith alone excludes all works as a means of attaining to justification. It does not mean that believers produce no works at all. The believers works come from Christ via the Holy Spirit so Paul who emphasized faith alone and James who emphasized works as a fruit of justification are in complete harmony. The believer who lives by faith alone in Christ will always produce works of love.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Faith alone is one of the most attacked and misunderstood of all Protestant beliefs. Faith alone excludes all works as a means of attaining to justification. It does not mean that believers produce no works at all. The believers works come from Christ via the Holy Spirit so Paul who emphasized faith alone and James who emphasized works as a fruit of justification are in complete harmony. The believer who lives by faith alone in Christ will always produce works of love.

Why do you twist James' word of "faith without deeds is dead"?

beloved57

James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:21.

Are patetites Christians? They deny the Saving death and power of Christ. They teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost!

Robert Pate

Banned
Are patetites Christians? They deny the Saving death and power of Christ. They teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost!

This is why there is going to be a hell. Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. But many like yourself have rejected this great free gift of salvation and have sentenced themselves to eternal damnation.

beloved57

This is why there is going to be a hell. Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. But many like yourself have rejected this great free gift of salvation and have sentenced themselves to eternal damnation.

So you deny the Saving death of Christ!

jsanford108

There are two kinds of Christians. There are the real born again, blood bought Christians and then there are the counterfeit Christians. The counterfeit Christians don't know that they are counterfeits. They are not born again, blood bought Christians, but they think that they are.

The will of the Father is that you believe and trust in his Son Jesus Christ, plus nothing.

This is a group of people that believe salvation is all about them. What they had done, their works, their obedience, their piety, they were trusting in what they had become and in what they were. They are trusting in themselves. They are counterfeit Christians.

How come Jesus never knew them? Jesus never knew them because that had never called upon him to save them. Instead of trusting in Christ, they were trusting in something else. Hell is going to be full of people that were trusting in Calvinism, Catholicism or some doctrine to save them. They have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. They are counterfeits. They talk like Christians, they act like Christians, but they have not been born again by the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

The biggest tip off that they are counterfeits is that they do not believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and justification by faith. A real Christian is one that has totally and completely committed himself to the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. He believes that salvation is by faith alone and Christ alone. Their is no room in his faith for a religion or a doctrine, other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Dear Robert Pate,

May I call you RP?

For your leading point, the "will of God is that you believe in and trust his Son Jesus Christ, plus nothing," where is this stated in Scripture? Also, how is it you know that this is God's Will?

As far as Catholics believing that their works will save them, this is a common misconception, one which is daily projected against Catholicism. Catholics believe in a faith/works doctrine. The doctrine is basically that faith, with works, are how one attains salvation. Not an either/or (as most sects' doctrines state) but a both/and.

How is the catholic belief in Christ different from yours? The Gospel of Christ is taught, preached, and adhered to by Catholicism. If they trust and believe in Christ, how, by your doctrinal standards, are they condemned?

As a point of agreement, faith in Christ is without religion or doctrine. However, doctrines are simply statements of belief and practice, and religion is an organizational form of worship and hierarchy. It is impossible to exist today without having either religion or doctrines. Even atheists have doctrines (whether they admit to it or not) and the militant atheists, who have "atheist priests" have a religion (despite their claims of "absent from religion" meaning "no religion) Therefore, one who follows the Bible will inevitably have doctrines which they adhere to. Thus, forming a religion.

Robert Pate

Banned
Dear Robert Pate,

May I call you RP?

For your leading point, the "will of God is that you believe in and trust his Son Jesus Christ, plus nothing," where is this stated in Scripture? Also, how is it you know that this is God's Will?

As far as Catholics believing that their works will save them, this is a common misconception, one which is daily projected against Catholicism. Catholics believe in a faith/works doctrine. The doctrine is basically that faith, with works, are how one attains salvation. Not an either/or (as most sects' doctrines state) but a both/and.

How is the catholic belief in Christ different from yours? The Gospel of Christ is taught, preached, and adhered to by Catholicism. If they trust and believe in Christ, how, by your doctrinal standards, are they condemned?

As a point of agreement, faith in Christ is without religion or doctrine. However, doctrines are simply statements of belief and practice, and religion is an organizational form of worship and hierarchy. It is impossible to exist today without having either religion or doctrines. Even atheists have doctrines (whether they admit to it or not) and the militant atheists, who have "atheist priests" have a religion (despite their claims of "absent from religion" meaning "no religion) Therefore, one who follows the Bible will inevitably have doctrines which they adhere to. Thus, forming a religion.

The difference between Protestant and Catholic beliefs are that Protestants believe that they are justified by faith apart from the works of the law, which is religion.

Catholics believe that they are justified by faith plus the works of the law.

I personally do not believe that I have to do anything to be saved except to believe and have faith in Jesus.

I believe that Jesus has done everything that is necessary for my salvation and he did it perfectly. Jesus as my substitute and representative has met all of the demands of God's law. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus I stand complete in Him, Colossians 2:10.

The biggest problem with Catholicism is that attempts to rehabilitate man's sinful nature by the works of the law, it doesn't work. It makes man a worse sinner, Romans 7:8-11.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, that is Jesus' law.

Jesus' law is higher standards than Moses' law.

There are not two laws. There is one law, Jesus fulfilled it and abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. Christians are not under it, nor are they subject to it. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are not two laws. There is one law, Jesus fulfilled it and abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. Christians are not under it, nor are they subject to it. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

suite yourself denying Jesus' word.

good day.

Epoisses

Why do you twist James' word of "faith without deeds is dead"?
Good works that James said Christians should perform were works of love and he even said love was the royal law. This post is a work of love to help you see what an unbeliever you are.

Robert Pate

Banned
suite yourself denying Jesus' word.

good day.

To be under the law is to be under condemnation. This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law. Do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

The law will damn you to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.