ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 87 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters

Shalom

I used to dance with a group of Messianic Jewish people for fun, and they tried to convince me I was an evil Christian to celebrate Christmas. My favorite point they had was "everytime you put a present under the tree you bow to the tree like its you idol." :chuckle:

They spent most of their services around this time of year mocking all the other churches for how stupid and deceived they all were for celebrations of the holidays. It became apparent to me after awhile that they were the ones proud, and deceived by the law they worked so hard to claim they do not follow because they are saved by Christ. They also dont "encourage" the women to cut their hair or wear makeup. They have all kinds of "no nos" and they are really proud of their wisdom. :rolleyes: Needles to say I didnt fit into their group with my beliefs. When I went to my church we never made fun of them, but they delighted in mocking us. I have no problem if people dont want to celebrate Christmas, but to say it is a requirement by God that we dont is putting us back under the law.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shalom said:
I used to dance with a group of Messianic Jewish people for fun, and they tried to convince me I was an eveil Christian to celebrate Christmas. My favorite point they had was "everytime you put a present under the tree you bow to the tree like its you idol." :chuckle:

They spent most of their services around this time of year mocking all the other churches for how stupid and deceived they all were for celebrations of the holidays. It became apparent to me after awhile that they were the ones proud, and deceived by the law they worked so hard to claim they do not follow because they are saved by Christ. They also dont "encourage" the women to cut their hair or wear makeup. They have all kinds of "no nos" and they are really proud of their wisdom. :rolleyes: Needles to say I didnt fit into their group with my beliefs. When I went to my church we never made fun of them, but they delighted in mocking us. I have no problem if people dont want to celebrate Christmas, but to say it is a requirement by God that we dont is putting us back under the law.
Ironic eh? :hammer:

Legalism gone amock - sorta like Jim.

koban

Shalom said:
I used to dance with a group of Messianic Jewish people for fun, and they tried to convince me I was an evil Christian to celebrate Christmas. My favorite point they had was "everytime you put a present under the tree you bow to the tree like its you idol." :chuckle:

Did they walk around with their shoes untied?? :hammer:

Shalom

koban said:
Did they walk around with their shoes untied?? :hammer:

No but one of the worst things about it was they didnt believe in wearing deoderant. The dancing was super intense and required sweating so it was very stinky........ :chuckle:

But on the other hand I was really disapointed to have to quit over the Christmas thing cause it was awesome worship time, a great workout, and so much fun. The people were really neat people. I was so dissapointed to see them get all puffed up and prideful over something so unimportant such as Christmas, deoderant, hair growth, make up.......ect.

Shalom

Just to add FYI.... I didnt want to quit, I was just kind of told I didnt fit with the group by them. I actually miss it a lot and I wish their were other groups around that would let me in, but they were the only group that claimed to be saved by grace and not by following the law. That is hard to come by in the Messianic community.

koban

Originally posted by Knight
Paul says... "So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival"

Jim.... I am not gonna let you judge me!

Hilston said:
That's not what that means, Knight. The only way to stop someone from judging (krino, distinguishing, regulating, esteeming) you according to religious holidays is to abstain from them.

Jim, if your interpretation of this verse were true, we would be in error each time we ate or drank. :darwinsm:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I celebrate Christmas as Emmanuel Day.

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Good point, although Hilston is on this thread right now. :)
I often wonder why since, he doesn't post here any more, he doesn't just sign out and lurk as a vistor!

Crow

I'll be celebrating Christmas.

I'll be sending out Christmas gifts and cards.

I'll even be sending them to my friends who are atheists and agnostics.

And I'm going to have a nice big Christmas tree too.

And hang mistletoe.

Got the Yule log all ready.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

:devil:Let the Annual TOL Christmas Fight begin! :bannana:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'll be celebrating Christmas!!! :banana:

A tree, presents, a Christmas Eve church service, family dinners, all the good holiday stuff!

God_Is_Truth

i'm not big on Christmas myself. i just kinda do whatever my family wants to do. if they want to put up a tree and give presents, then i'll partake. but if they didn't, it wouldn't really bother me. if i lived completely on my own, i don't know that i'd do anything actually.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Crow said:
I'll be celebrating Christmas.

I'll be sending out Christmas gifts and cards.

I'll even be sending them to my friends who are atheists and agnostics.

And I'm going to have a nice big Christmas tree too.

And hang mistletoe.

Got the Yule log all ready.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

:devil:Let the Annual TOL Christmas Fight begin! :bannana:

Evil you are!

Do you worship evergreen trees?

Don't you know that the letters in "Santa" can also spell "Satan"?

Hi crow! :)