ARCHIVE: The Mind of Bob Enyart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentientsynth

This is going to sound a little silly to some, but I'm going to venture anyway.

I've been listening to Bob Enyart for maybe three weeks now, rummaging through the archives, listening to shows whose titles interest me.

It's my opinion that Bob Enyart would rank among the 98th percentile of intellectuals alive today. I do not know if Mr. Enyart possesses any formal education in any specialized field. Yet his broad, sweeping knowledge of many subjects, including an utter familiarity with the Holy Bible, gives evidence to an inquisitive mind that grasps what it reaches for.

There are none here to give testimony to my ability to ascertain such things. No matter.

Is there anyone else who has a story to tell about how they've benefitted from listening to Bob Enyart Live?

I learned a great deal from Bob's lectures on "God's Amoral Symbolic Laws."

"How beautiful are the feet of them that peach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tiding of good things!"

SS

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I, my wife, my six children - my sister, her husband, their four children - my wife's sister, her husband, their three children and my father have all become Christians through the teachings of Bob's ministry. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
sentientsynth said:
Is there anyone else who has a story to tell about how they've benefitted from listening to Bob Enyart Live? SS
Well let me tell ya! About 18 years ago, I left my atheistic ways behind and became an agnostic. For about 8 years I floundered around, sort of making up my own version of religion. Then I stumbled on Bob’s TV show. I loved his logical arguments and how he picked other people’s ideas apart until he got down to the roots of things. I just didn’t go for his “Christian” ideas. But occasionally, he’d bring up something amazing about the Bible and I’d think to myself “That can’t be true! The Bible doesn’t really say that!” Finally, I went out and bought myself a NKJV so that I could check for myself. Sure enough, he was right every time!

One night, while reading through Matthew, I realized that it all had to be true. I just couldn’t deny it anymore. It dawned on me that what I was reading was akin to court testimony and that there wasn’t only one witness, but many! I realized what a fool I’d been for most of my life and I broke down in tears. They were tears of sadness and joy, because although I felt ashamed, I also realized that I had reached an amazing moment in my life. Jesus HAD died for my sins and I could have an eternal life after death.

So, yes, I definitely benefited from Bob Enyart Live! ;)

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I was listening to the first Genesis album Bob put out last night. He was talking about the brightness of stars, distance to stars and the message they give. It is amazing to me, the detail he goes into. I would rather listen to the audio albums than go to any Bible college. I ordered a whole bunch of them a month or so ago, and have listened to a few so far, but then decided to start with Genesis and go through them in order. Bob is a very gifted teacher. Spoiled me for the church I have gone to for 25 years. I get discouraged thinking that all this information is out there, and all I was getting on Sundays is fluffy self-help messages 95% of the time. I take Bible study WAY more seriously since I discovered Bob's teaching. I always look for continuity or contradictions when I hear teachers now. Has anyone here heard of "The Plot"? It's pretty good too. ;)

Jeff

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
He aided me in relinquishing my liberal Christian way of thinking and brought me to understand Christ in a way that no church or other pastor ever has.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd been watching Bob on T.V. because of his strong pro-life stance. I started seeing other truths on how to handle your average 'no backbone' Christian and was absolutely fascinated how much he backed up what he said scripturally and that nobody ever seemed to stump this guy. Then my husband and I went to our first Enyart seminar over "The Tree". WOW :noway: We had no idea what we were in for. We both left in kind of a daze to have been introduced to so much information in such a clear and precise way. Learning of Law and grace and knowing my place in the Lord was as if an unbelievable burden had been lifted. If I loved God at all before Bob's ministry it had to have been very little. Because of his ministry, I have a love, respect and devotion to the Living God that I'd never known.

Jukia

Sorry to rain on your parade, sports fans, but listening to one of Enyart's broadcasts dealing with evolution, recent dinosaurs, etc., did little for me but make me giggle. Well, that is not quite the truth, it did get me to TOL. The information put forth there with respect to science, biology and evolution in particular, makes me question the efficacy of science education in this country.
Plus as a (shudder) Catholic some of his theology is a bit suspect, and his politics downright antedeluvian.
For those of you who have become Christians through his ministry--God works in mysterious ways.

The Berean

Jukia said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, sports fans, but listening to one of Enyart's broadcasts dealing with evolution, recent dinosaurs, etc., did little for me but make me giggle. Well, that is not quite the truth, it did get me to TOL. The information put forth there with respect to science, biology and evolution in particular, makes me question the efficacy of science education in this country.
Plus as a (shudder) Catholic some of his theology is a bit suspect, and his politics downright antedeluvian.
For those of you who have become Christians through his ministry--God works in mysterious ways.

Jukia, you're a Catholic?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
Sorry to rain on your parade...
What took you so long?

Plus as a (shudder) Catholic some of his theology is a bit suspect
As a Catholic, your theology is a bit suspect... Maybe you should try debating theology here sometime.

...and his politics downright antedeluvian.
So you do believe in the Flood! ;)

The Berean

Jukia said:
OK, OK, what is that supposed to mean???

It doesn't mean anything! :D I've read many of your posts and this was the first time you stated your "theological" position. Most of your posts I've read have been in evolution threads, mainly trading jabs with bob b. :box:

Jukia

Turbo said:
What took you so long?

As a Catholic, your theology is a bit suspect... Maybe you should try debating theology here sometime.

So you do believe in the Flood! ;)

I'm not sure my theology is up to debating here.

And no I do not believe in Noah's flood as set forth in the Bible, it is absurd. I just hoped I spelled the word correctly.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Jukia said:
I'm not sure my theology is up to debating here.
C'mon in, the water's fine! :D

And no I do not believe in Noah's flood as set forth in the Bible, it is absurd. I just hoped I spelled the word correctly.
Yup, you did! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.