ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where did Clete say he was an enemy of the gospel? I do not think Clete considers AMR a godless unbeliever. If he did, Clete would be wrong and deserves rebuke. Issues of foreknowledge are not salvific like the Deity/resurrection of Christ and justification by faith (which both affirm).
Oh, please, he has done so many times and no one here, other than myself and Nang, has the spiritual intestinal fortitude to call him on it. Let me be clear, so there is no misunderstanding, Clete's "works" demonstrate his nature, he is a devil lurking among sheep.

Philetus

You, like your master, hate all truth that is God's Truth. You vomit lies to serve him who would corrupt us all, for you are so full of arrogant stagnation that you would pop like a toad before doing otherwise. The poison of your tongue is evidence of the evil in your heart. You are a devil come to encourage the evil in men's hearts.

I kinda thought you were hiding behind a false 'Mr. Nice Guy' persona. Why don't you tell us how you really feel.:dizzy:

This is the guy who put me on ignore because I was being ... let's see how did he put that..?

You're a hoot, AMR.

VanhoozerRocks

Oh, please, he has done so many times and no one here, other than myself and Nang, has the spiritual intestinal fortitude to call him on it. Let me be clear, so there is no misunderstanding, Clete's "works" demonstrate his nature, he is a devil lurking among sheep.

This thread is unbelievable. Have people on this site gone off the deep end? Since when did the Calmanianism debate become a reason for such recalcitrance?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You, like your master, hate all truth that is God's Truth. You vomit lies to serve him who would corrupt us all, for you are so full of arrogant stagnation that you would pop like a toad before doing otherwise. The poison of your tongue is evidence of the evil in your heart. You are a devil come to encourage the evil in men's hearts.
Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!​

The more you dislike me the better AMR, but unless you are willing to substantiate your opinions, keep them to yourself. The only one who cares to hear you bather on about nothing is you.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This is the enemy of the gospel of grace part. My phraseology could use some work though. Clete states that he will treat AMR like an enemy of the gospel of grace: which from this statement I infered that he views AMR as such. However, I could definetly be wrong in drawing such a conclusion, and I would be grateful if Clete stated I was wrong.

You aren't wrong.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Where did Clete say he was an enemy of the gospel? I do not think Clete considers AMR a godless unbeliever. If he did, Clete would be wrong and deserves rebuke. Issues of foreknowledge are not salvific like the Deity/resurrection of Christ and justification by faith (which both affirm).

AMR shows no evidence whatsoever of being a believer. He preaches a different gospel, worships a different Jesus, has no understanding of what the word "truth" means, is not willing to be swayed by either the Scripture or sound reason away from what has repeatedly been shown to be both irrational and unbiblical. He won't even respond with any substance to the arguments! He isn't interested in the arguments. He's interested in spewing his blasphemous doctrine and calling anyone who gets fed up with his smug condescending attitude "vitriolic" so as to provide himself a convenient excuse for his inability to answer the arguments against him.

He may well be a believer but given the evidence against such a conclusion and the complete lack of evidence for it, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and act toward him as though he were not.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He may well be a believer but given the evidence against such a conclusion and the complete lack of evidence for it, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and act toward him as though he were not.
I have no benefits of doubt to extend to you, Clete, for I am convinced you are not a believer. You are a devil.

(Please, Nang and others that are in agreement, I urge you to not add your support to this so that you may remain here boldly teaching the truth.)

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
AMR shows no evidence whatsoever of being a believer.

You are correct.

AMR is not a believer in Clete.

He preaches a different gospel, worships a different Jesus,

That's right.

He preaches a different gospel than Clete, and worships Jesus differently than Clete.

And Clete can't stand for it . . .

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
clete, Do you believe that every person has the right to act in accordance with who they are and not who they are not? That is the free will I believe in.
Whatever. Who asked you what sort of free will you believe in? I didn't, nor do I care. Such a thing is meaningless in the first place and has nothing to do with the topic of free will as any other sane person understands it.

The problem we are having is not one of free will but in defining what and who we are.
Here we go again. I can't sin because my testimony is that I am perfect. Brilliant!

If we believe that we are subject to the flesh and its fallen nature after we have been saved we will act in accordance with that belief and we wind up defeated Christians, If we believe we have become a new creation in Christ then we will act in accordance with that belief and exhibit the qualities of the life within.
This is quite true but you fail to understand is that whether a Christian believes that they are subject to the flesh or not, the fact is that they are not regardless of how they act as a result of their unbelief.

A point you wouldn't lose sight of so easily if you would get off this definition of sin kick that you seem obsessed about.

Stop worrying about the words you use and just get the message across! Which is more important the words or the meaning behind the words?

My main objection is that Christianity today teaches that we remain subject to the flesh and act in accordance with its deadness that is passed instead of life that we have now received.
Even so, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Open Theism or free will.

Where is our liberty in life if we remain subject to the deadness of of our former self?
We cannot remain subject to our former self. We have been crucified in Him whether we acknowledge it or not. The key that people need to learn and that you need to focus on teaching them is that it makes no difference what they do, they are identified in Christ and are therefore perfect because He is perfect and His perfection has been imputed to them by faith in Him. It is true that once they understand this truth that their walk will become much more fruitful in this life but even if that never happens, it doesn't change who they are in Christ.

If we act in the liberty of life the flesh will indeed sin because it is inevitable that we will offend theses weak ones for whom Christ died. We are then what is called a carnal Christian who is one who is double minded and unstable in our ways. We cannot have life and still be subject death.
Stop contradicting yourself! Now we can sin! :bang:
How in the world do you ever expect for anyone to take you seriously when you cannot even be consistent with your own standards? The idea that Christians can sin or be carnal should never ever come out of you mouth unless and until you drop this silly rampage you are on concerning everyone else's "misuse" of the term. No one is going to care one bit about anything you have to say if you cannot keep from being a hypocrite when you say it.

Now if you want to discuss this aspect of the Gospel of Grace further, please start another thread or find one where it will be on topic. Thanks!

Resting in Him,
Clete

themuzicman

You are correct.

That's right.

He preaches a different gospel than Clete, and worships Jesus differently than Clete.

This is the kind of thing that we don't need.

To be honest, I've been disappointed in AMR's and Clete's and now Nang's performance in this regard. We're having a theological discussion about disputable matters, not deciding whether to become Christian or Hindu.

We all serve the same God, believe in the same Savior, and hope for the same resurrection. Can't we all act like adults?

Muz

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have no benefits of doubt to extend to you, for I am convinced you are not a believer. You are a devil.

(Please, Nang and others that are in agreement, I urge you to not add your support to this so that you may remain here boldly teaching the truth.)
If so it surely must be because God predestined that I would be. :rolleyes:

You contradict your most basic beliefs every time you open your mouth.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are correct.

That's right.

Ok, Nang and AMR I am really trying to give you guys a fair shake but you are both acting like a couple of junior high school kids.

If you cannot substantively respond to Clete's points you may as well find some other website to participate on, maybe one where there are more people who think like you do.

TOL is fun because its a place for dialog, but if you are not going to dialog then we need to concentrate on others that will engage in the debate. As far as I can tell the only thing you two do is make claim is that you DID respond but upon further review there really is no substantive response at all! And now lately it has degenerated into nothing more than "one liners" and "zingers" aimed at other posters which frankly aren't even humorous or clever.

Maybe, Nang and AMR should try responding to other TOL topics in other threads. maybe you would be of more value debating atheists or cultists or something else because I think you have fired all your bullets regarding this issue.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:shocked: Wow... "a devil", that's pretty wacky. :kookoo:
His personality:
1. Intellect (Matt. 4; II Cor. 11:3) -- he quotes Scripture.
2. Emotions (Rev. 12) -- anger.
3. Will (II Cor. 2:26; Isa. 14; Matt. 25:41 and II Tim. 2:26) -- morally responsible.

Personality traits:
a. He is a liar (John 8:44).
b. He is a confirmed sinner (I John 3:8).
c. He is an accuser (Rev. 12:10).
d. He is an adversary (I Pet. 5:8).

His actions towards believers
a. Tempts believers to lie (Acts 5:3).
b. Accuses and slanders believers (Rev. 12:10).
c. Can hinder the work of a Christian (II Thess. 2:18).
d. Tries to defeat us through demons (Eph. 6:12).
e. Tempts us to immorality (I Cor. 7:5).
f. Sows counterfeits among believers (Matt. 13:38,39).
g. Incites persecutions against believers (Rev. 2:10).

Yes, he is a devil.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His personality:
1. Intellect (Matt. 4; II Cor. 11:3) -- he quotes Scripture.
2. Emotions (Rev. 12) -- anger.
3. Will (II Cor. 2:26; Isa. 14; Matt. 25:41 and II Tim. 2:26) -- morally responsible.

Personality traits:
a. He is a liar (John 8:44).
b. He is a confirmed sinner (I John 3:8).
c. He is an accuser (Rev. 12:10).
d. He is an adversary (I Pet. 5:8).

His actions towards believers
a. Tempts believers to lie (Acts 5:3).
b. Accuses and slanders believers (Rev. 12:10).
c. Can hinder the work of a Christian (II Thess. 2:18).
d. Tries to defeat us through demons (Eph. 6:12).
e. Tempts us to immorality (I Cor. 7:5).
f. Sows counterfeits among believers (Matt. 13:38,39).
g. Incites persecutions against believers (Rev. 2:10).

Yes, he is a devil.
Take a few days off from TOL, clearly this entire debate affecting you in an adverse way.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
More and more I see people claiming to be Christians, all the while diminishing the work of God, through Christ. These people are not Christians, truly they are Satanists.

Status
Not open for further replies.