ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you also write poetry?
:ha: I can barely write my name. :doh:

I have always been disappointed in my ability to write. I wish I had paid more attention in school because I enjoy writing but I am dreadful at it.

That being said....

Thank you for the kind words!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight and Turbo are now Calvinists. :granite:

:noway:

WHAT!??

I leave for two days and the whole world falls apart!

Knight and Turbo...

:Clete: :Clete:

REPENT!!!

NOW!

:Clete: :Clete:

There, that should get things back to normal around here! :D

elected4ever

Well, you guys are having a good time attacking the integrity of God and defending your right to sin. I'll back out and let you guys dig your hole as deep as you wont it.:devil:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Well, you guys are having a good time attacking the integrity of God and defending your right to sin. I'll back out and let you guys dig your hole as deep as you wont it.:devil:

Would you say that is sinful to "attack the integrity of God and defending our right to sin"?

elected4ever

Would you say that is sinful to "attack the integrity of God and defending our right to sin"?
I don't know. I can't sin. I am born of God. My nature will not allow me to do such a thing.

Can you sin? If you can then it is possible that it is a sin to you because you serve God through the flesh like all carnal christians do.:(

PS Not to worry though, the blood of Christ covers that sin too.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I don't know. I can't sin. I am born of God. My nature will not allow me to do such a thing.

Can you sin? If you can then it is possible that it is a sin to you because you serve God through the flesh like all carnal christians do.:(

PS Not to worry though, the blood of Christ covers that sin too.

Well assuming that were aren't all pagans and that we are actually saved, would attacking the integrity of God and defending our right to sin, be sinful?

elected4ever

Well assuming that were aren't all pagans and that we are actually saved, would attacking the integrity of God and defending our right to sin, be sinful?
No, not in my opinion anyway. Just ignorant if you didn't know better and stupid if you do. Which are you, Ignorant or stupid

dale

People are different from puppets assuming they have their own will.
People are different than puppets in a lot more ways that just having a will. Even if we are puppets.

If the future is settled in advance people have no will of their own (only God's will exists).
I'm not convinced that's correct, but if it were, I hope I wouldn't argue with me only having and doing God's will. Would you? Or is His will not sufficient enough that you would insist on your own?

patman

If the future is utterly predetermined, and salvation is predestined for the elect so precisely, then why does God change his books?

Rev 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

So are we predestined as individuals from the beginning of time or not? Apparently not if even salvation is dynamic to this group of people to whom John writes. The idea that this book can be changed should make anyone reconsider Settled Theology. It is just so simple.

Settled and Changeable are antonyms.

(BTW, I dare someone to say this passage doesn't mean what it says... that means you are changing its words and thus I get to tell you how you just cursed yourself :chuckle:)

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Saying it is theoretically possible to sin is not tantamount to defending a right to sin. There is provision if we sin, but we should not sin. Paul reminded the Romans that they should not sin so grace may abound. There is provision for freedom from sin, but we must walk in it. To say that a believer can never have a wrong motive, thought, word, deed post-conversion does not square with Corinthians, I Jn., Eph., Rom., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.