ARCHIVE: Burden of Proof

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
OK, how bout the same as an allpowerful being existing for eternity past?
How's that?
How is what?

How is it that you can't answer a question?

Is that what you are asking? :hammer:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Spenser 2 said:
Jeeze people, my point was if you attempt to apply science to a point that is beyond natural explanation then why don't you apply it to God as well, not simply why don't you apply it to God. And once again the FSM was a friggin parody. I didn't realize I was being so coy...

That was MY point. The uncaused cause must be supernatural. And I just kinda jumped in and saw your post, don't take it too seriously as being aimed at just you. On the FSM stuff. If I was an atheist I would think that was fun to throw around also. :) I'm not hurt by it, and it still worked with my point so I threw it in.

added in edit,,, oooops, looks like he's on vacation. :)

azrael777

Spenser 2 said:
It is one thing to call some one an idiot, an entirely different thing to go about proving it...

From looking at the thread i think it looks like knight is doing a pretty darn good job of proving the hypothesis that you are in fact an idiot.

Caledvwlch

Knight said:
I thought you were done?
That was before someone got banned for no apparent reason. Unless you've got a post link showing where he was disrespectful, vulgar, obscene, spamming, etc.

Ok edit:

Just saw the post, Knight. I stand corrected.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Just for the record... Spencers banning had nothing to do with this thread.
He had time to get in trouble someplace else?
:think: busy lad.

Caledvwlch

Ok, well since he's gone: Have we come to an agreement yet on why an atheist needs to provide a plausible alternative? I still say that a denial of one theory does not necessarily require a replacement theory.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
Then it sould be easy to answer again....

What are the "odds" that matter and energy created themselves from nothing?

You don't need to be exact you can give me "best guess" estimate.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Caledvwlch said:
Ok, well since he's gone: Have we come to an agreement yet on why an atheist needs to provide a plausible alternative? I still say that a denial of one theory does not necessarily require a replacement theory.
It does if you are going to dogmatically claim that the existing plausible theory is in error.

Otherwise... you are just plain irrational.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Then it sould be easy to answer again....

What are the "odds" that matter and energy created themselves from nothing?

You don't need to be exact you can give me "best guess" estimate.
OK, about the same as there being an allpowerful being that has existed for eternity.
How's that.
(are you sure we haven't done this before?)