APT to Teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

Please re-read your opening post. You threw down the gauntlet therein with a screed against "education" and a claim that those who are so and teaching the sheep are but wolves in sheep's clothing. You then hold up a man who actually meets all the criteria of those that you are denouncing. Thus, I am simply pointing out to you in a very direct the double-mindedness of your reasoning.

You frequently post content with charges that anything that is not your way of seeing things is erroneous, of the devil, etc., accompanied with arrogant challenges to prove you wrong. I have answered you to your folly. If you are mad about that, consider why you are really upset. That anger may just be a way of hinting to you that you are missing the mark.

Think it over.

AMR

OOOOHHHH! – I see now! - You have some kind of a DEGREE from something that is not the Church don’t you? – Something that is other than what the “BODY OF CHRIST / THE CHURCH” teaches.

You’re taught by some school or seminary. – ~~Well done thy good and FAITHFUL SERVENT~~~. Christ is not smart enough for some of you guys. - The servant of some school, instead of the Church / Christ. – OR am I wrong there? -- You’re defending the schools, and I’m defending the Churches, WOWW!

Paul – 111510

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OOOOHHHH! – I see now! - You have some kind of a DEGREE from something that is not the Church don’t you? – Something that is other than what the “BODY OF CHRIST / THE CHURCH” teaches.
So is it your opinion that no institution of higher learning dedicated to the education of Christians is worthy of your consideration?

You’re taught by some school or seminary. – ~~Well done thy good and FAITHFUL SERVENT~~~. Christ is not smart enough for some of you guys. - The servant of some school, instead of the Church / Christ. – OR am I wrong there? -- You’re defending the schools, and I’m defending the Churches, WOWW!
Yes, you are wrong here...again. This thread has set a record for the number of times you have been proved wrong. When you find me defending something that is not glorifying God, you can claim victory. Until then...

Oh, and by the way, its's SERVANT. See Matthew 25:21. These are but some of the things that a wee bit of formal education will prove useful to you. :squint:

AMR

Letsargue

So is it your opinion that no institution of higher learning dedicated to the education of Christians is worthy of your consideration?

Yes, you are wrong here...again. This thread has set a record for the number of times you have been proved wrong. When you find me defending something that is not glorifying God, you can claim victory. Until then...

Oh, and by the way, its's SERVANT. See Matthew 25:21. These are but some of the things that a wee bit of formal education will prove useful to you. :squint:

AMR

Who shall I ask forgiveness, for putting an "E" insteed of an "A"?

Is the 4 or the fifth error? - You don't have to answer, I'm through listening to your nonsense.

Paul -- 111610

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is the 4 or the fifth error? - You don't have to answer, I'm through listening to your nonsense.
Your errors are too many to count. You have been proved wrong, thus you frequent throw down to prove you wrong is starting to ring hollow. Carry on, though. ;)

Letsargue!

No, let's not. :squint:

AMR

Letsargue

Your errors are too many to count. You have been proved wrong, thus you frequent throw down to prove you wrong is starting to ring hollow. Carry on, though. ;)

Letsargue!

No, let's not. :squint:

AMR

OOOPPPSSSS! - I can hardly tell what you're trying to convey there. Maybe you need to go back to the fourth grade and learn to spell and write; perfect man of a god.

// ----your frequent - not you frequent ---- //

Just what are you trying to say there, smart scholar?

OOOPPPSSS again. -- You almost committed yourself to an arguement didn't you? -- I don't blame you for backing out, - like most cowards do. Go hide then!

Paul -- 111710

Deepskyy

It's the Church that teaches God and Christ, not some Scholar or Professor or Gnostic. - It's the Church and the Christians of that CHURCH
Paul -- 110210
Some of the greatest of the Church fathers were educated men who bridged the gap between faith and scholarship quite well, especially those of antiquity. The disdain that some Christians have for scholarship, higher education, and a desire for a personal relationship with G-d as opposed to the necessity to go through a intermediary once or twice a week for 2 hours serves to continue the stigma of the ignorant holy roller. It takes a great deal of personal sacrifice and faith to challenge yourself and take the scholarly path.

To teach is to understand and be knowledgeable about the subject, and impart to those who wish to learn that knowledge. To preach is merely to offer one's own personal interpretation, or that of a governing body, on a specific topic for the duration of the service.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...I'm through listening to your nonsense.

But, then....

OOOPPPSSSS! - I can hardly tell what you're trying to convey there. Maybe you need to go back to the fourth grade and learn to spell and write; perfect man of a god.

{etc etc etc}

So, which is it? James 1:8 appears to have escaped your review. Make up your mind! :squint:

AMR

Letsargue

But, then....

So, which is it? James 1:8 appears to have escaped your review. Make up your mind! :squint:

AMR

Are you referring to me or yourself? -- Again, I can throw that verse at YOU! -- It's a universal statement, not applied to any one certain person. -- You need to study the Scriptures and not so many stupid commentaries.

Letsargue - HHUUUHHHH! --- Or have you forgotten your back-petaling? --- "SAY WHEN", - JOHNNY!

Paul -- 111810

Letsargue

Some of the greatest of the Church fathers were educated men who bridged the gap between faith and scholarship quite well, especially those of antiquity. The disdain that some Christians have for scholarship, higher education, and a desire for a personal relationship with G-d as opposed to the necessity to go through a intermediary once or twice a week for 2 hours serves to continue the stigma of the ignorant holy roller. It takes a great deal of personal sacrifice and faith to challenge yourself and take the scholarly path.

To teach is to understand and be knowledgeable about the subject, and impart to those who wish to learn that knowledge. To preach is merely to offer one's own personal interpretation, or that of a governing body, on a specific topic for the duration of the service.

You're as earthly educated as that great "Ask Me Guy"! -- You offered not one Scripture to support your self-willed "knowledge". ---- BUT, the Apostle Paul said, --- Philippians 3:8 KJV - “Yea doubtless, and I count ALL THINGS BUT LOSS for the excellency of the "KNOWLEDGE" of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I HAVE SUFFERED "THE LOSS OF ALL THINGS", AND DO COUNT "THEM" BUT "DUNG" , that I may win Christ”. -----

It appears that the things Paul counted as "DUNG", are WONDERFUL THINGS to all you guys!

Paul -- 111810

Deepskyy

Why utilize a letter written to a specific church at a specific time to address a specific problem which that church was experiencing. That is what the Epistles are.
I don't need scripture to back up that which can be verified by standing archeological evidence. Not to mention there are volumes of works outside of the cannonized bible that have plenty more to say about the adherents of the religions that I study. Citing scripture proves you have a mental rolodex, it doesn't mean that you know anything about the when, the who, or most importantly the why those scriptures were written.

Letsargue

Why utilize a letter written to a specific church at a specific time to address a specific problem which that church was experiencing. That is what the Epistles are.
I don't need scripture to back up that which can be verified by standing archeological evidence. Not to mention there are volumes of works outside of the cannonized bible that have plenty more to say about the adherents of the religions that I study. Citing scripture proves you have a mental rolodex, it doesn't mean that you know anything about the when, the who, or most importantly the why those scriptures were written.

OK! -- There is no discussing anything with such lack of knowledge of the Word of God. Archeological evidence is not the evidence gained through FAITH. -- Hebrews 11:1 KJV - “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, ( “THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN” ). ----- Unless you have seen it, or already know it, you need the Scriptures to gather your "FAITH" for the things you are so blind of and cannot see; not some scientist. - It takes a minister of Christ to teach a fool of the things not seen by HIM.

Paul -- 111810

Status
Not open for further replies.