ECT Anyone want to see why Paul had problems with the Law?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Cool. There's an ad on there for the new Ben Hur movie "In Theaters August 19."

Looking forward to it!

Nothing like movies set in that amazing Roman Empire!

Lol - that aside; yep to that passage of Scripture :thumb:

But; in Yohannon, you are dealing with an individual who's obvious over reliance on the endless books based traditions of men takes precedence over the Scripture he claims to believe in.

Par for the coarse on TOL.

What? New Ben-Hur Movie?

I went back to watch the trailer.

Lol. Sign me up.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Danoh

This is a perfect example of why the New Covenant of Faith, Hope and Love is so crucial.

Human obedience yields deceit, judgment and failure, while the imputed perfection of Christ and admission of our guilt yields Honesty, a sensitivity to the Spirit of Christ and Mercy.

It's a live example of Moses vs. Jesus.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

This "sensitivity to the Spirit of Christ" - what is your understanding of what that is and how it works.

I'm certain we hold a different understanding; by the way.

Me being actually psychic, lol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Add:

1 Kings 15:5 KJV
(5) Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

BTW, we do not know that Bathsheba was an ethnic Israelite.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Anyone want to see why Paul had problems with the Law?

This "sensitivity to the Spirit of Christ" - what is your understanding of what that is and how it works.

I'm certain we hold a different understanding; by the way.

Me being actually psychic, lol

It is difficult to admit that we are sinners. Humanity wants to stand on a pedestal of pride and claim that they ARE the Light.

In reading scripture and coupling it with the teachings of Jesus, we find that we are no less in need for redemption than ANY other human being.

We are led to admission of our short comings and confession of our guilt before God.

Once we fully understand what Jesus did for us, and how the Sinless became sin, so that the sinners could be counted sinless, we are drawn to realize that Jesus has been here for us all along, out of Love.

That Love becomes a positive infection that opens our eyes to the Love of God and squelches our judgment of ourselves and fellow, sinful humanity.

We begin to have hope for ourselves and love too. We become confident to approach God and bare our every corner of darkness to Him.

This in turn, causes us to realize that others are loved by God just like they are and we are empowered to Love people as they are.

We also see that Jesus wore the Sin of the entire roster of ALL humanity and are challenged to treat every, unique person as they are seen by their Loving Creator. More importantly, we are challenged to treat everyone as if they were our Creator and look past their sin as God can now, because of His amazing work.

This revelation infects our being with the fruits of the Spirit.

We casually walk in Christ and He quells our fears, because He commanded us to do so.

5823a7d689ca82c15395444d63dd835d.jpg

As time passes, we remain sinners that take up different struggles in life and sin, but the Love of God continues to change us.

We may never be sin free before glory to glory or His return, but we are forever changed in a way that makes us stand out.

If we find righteousness springing up in our lives, we know it is not the effort of our flesh, but the Light of Jesus shining through us.

We are clay lamps and He is the oil and the fire.

2 Corinthians 4

7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 8 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. 11 For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So death is at work in us, but life in you.

13 Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, 14 knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence. 15 For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.

16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

http://forums.arrowheads.com/media/kunena/attachments/5814/Oil-Lamp.gif

Our mark of unconditional Love and resistance to judge as most of the world judges sets us apart.

ee80d1333590e460caaf87a32da7b775.jpg

We become the beacons of Love that hold back the storm of hate in a world that is dying each day, further and further.

ca509b297693eaa66b2d2bd5f1b2bf8b_thumb.jpg

1 Peter 3:21

The like figure to this, even baptism, doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-41xnGeVuhnY/VjQ893Snj8I/AAAAAAAACq4/yq25lABAAV8/s1600/PzWhsRp.gif

The Love of Jesus is the Light that holds back the tides of destruction, for He says He will return when the Love of many grows cold.

https://media.giphy.com/media/mym9yCkBXSqOs/giphy.gif

Matthew 24

12 Because lawlessness will multiply, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be delivered. 14 This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come.

Because Jesus commanded Love and fulfilled our need for righteousness in His life, we know that lawlessness isn't sin, but a literal lack of Love. Humans judging and hating humans and killing and selfishly being callous to one another. Jesus did take care of the "transgression of Moses issue" in His Life, Death and Resurrection after all.

69b8a62e16e85fe69bf552737183646d.jpg

Matthew 9:13

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

....... As long as Humility and admission of guilt allows Jesus to cast His light of Love, His sheep are doing what they are commanded.

84759b752c3b4640d4507400263af266.jpg

1 John 4 (KJV)

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Religion will become cold and void of Love as James explained it should never be, and humanity will hate, judge and destroy itself based on false righteousness of the flesh, instead of the humility, hope, love and faith that Jesus and all of the prophets, patriarchs and apostles taught.

(Wealth is carnal righteousness, all throughout the scripture. And as you well know, sinners understood the voice of Jesus, while the self righteous fled His teachings of human equality and need for His provision of imputed righteousness.)

dd981430088ec018ad99964e3775b754.jpg

James 2 (HCSB)

The Sin of Favoritism

2 My brothers, do not show favoritism as you hold on to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. 2 For example, a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and a poor man dressed in dirty clothes also comes in. 3 If you look with favor on the man wearing the fine clothes and say, “Sit here in a good place,” and yet you say to the poor man, “Stand over there,” or, “Sit here on the floor by my footstool,” 4 haven’t you discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my dear brothers: Didn’t God choose the poor in this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that He has promised to those who love Him? 6 Yet you dishonored that poor man. Don’t the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Don’t they blaspheme the noble name that was pronounced over you at your baptism?

8 Indeed, if you keep the royal law prescribed in the Scripture, Love your neighbor as yourself, you are doing well. 9 But if you show favoritism, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all. 11 For He who said, Do not commit adultery, also said, Do not murder. So if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you are a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who will be judged by the law of freedom. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who hasn’t shown mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Faith and Works

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can his faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothes and lacks daily food 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you don’t give them what the body needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way faith, if it doesn’t have works, is dead by itself.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. The demons also believe—and they shudder.

20 Foolish man! Are you willing to learn that faith without works is useless? 21 Wasn’t Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active together with his works, and by works, faith was perfected. 23 So the Scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness, and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way, wasn’t Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by a different route? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works .

............. It is inescapable to read James and not see that Faith is our provision of righteousness and Love is our works.

God forbid that the King who forgave us us finds us judging another human being He died for.

f410f233b4886e549c3f2bfd4aa298a6.jpg

Luke 17:2

It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.

8d163be700a13777f24f65a5063c23ee.jpg

Matthew 18:21-35

Parable of the Unforgiving Debtor

21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?”

22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!

23 “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars. 25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars. He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.

31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

35 “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.”

Something like that anyways. [emoji6]

ccbbbbf54e535cf41efe9c14bb131f90.jpg

0b179d650c8aab0c867ae700bd47ca53.jpg

2672ba352a1b3c5734bb2a7e5fa58c4a.jpg

Luke 18

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and looked down on everyone else: 10 “Two men went up to the temple complex to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee took his stand and was praying like this: ‘God, I thank You that I’m not like other people —greedy, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of everything I get.’

13 “But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even raise his eyes to heaven but kept striking his chest and saying, ‘God, turn Your wrath from me-a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this one went down to his house justified rather than the other; because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Last edited:

Interplanner

Wasn't adultery one sin for which there was no sacrifice?

That sounds right, but I don't have a reference. One of Yohanans points was that it was a capital sin for both involved, but only of formally married people. So other wives (contract) or pre-marital or married-and-unmarried-partner sex would not be capital; I don't agree, but that's what he concluded from the vocabulary.

Danoh

Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

John 8:2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

A thought...

Throughout the OT many an actual event was also a typology or shadow of a thing yet to come.

The above also fits that like a glove.

It is both in truth and in spirit...

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

In this, all the above event accounted there in John 8, has its typology often described in the OT.

Or, as the Samaritan woman in John 4 had put it...

"I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things."

Danoh

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

And yet, Paul also wrote...

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Rom. 2:25 is "that righteousness which is of the law."

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

"The things that differ" between the two?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In other words in Philippians, Paul is referring to that righteousness which was of the Law, that he so earnestly had labored under in ignorance of the fact of "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested," Rom. 3:21.

That is the ignorance and unbelief he is referring to in the following...

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Til the Lord Himself appeared unto him and evangelized him.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Back in 1 Timothy he went on to relate...

1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Sort of like Moses; busy doing his own thing unaware God had determined it was time to call him and begin to reveal some things to him and through him.

The parallels between the two men is striking.

Where Moses had ignorantly lived as a Gentile; it turned out it was time for him to live as an Israelite - and then some!

Where Paul had ignorantly lived as an Israelite; it turned out it was time for him to live as a Gentile - and then some.

Two bookends.

On one end; the Great Law Giver.

On the other: the Great Grace Giver.

In the middle: the Great God of both in His Son by the Spirit through His Word rightly divided in light of both men.

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

As with Moses, so with Paul...

Great change was afoot...

Change most still confuse the heck out of to this very day...

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In other words in Philippians, Paul is referring to that righteousness which was of the Law, that he so earnestly had labored under in ignorance of the fact of "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested," Rom. 3:21.

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Sort of like Moses; busy doing his own thing unaware God had determined it was time to call him and begin to reveal some things to him and through him.

Where Moses had ignorantly lived as a Gentile; it turned out it was time for him to live as an Israelite - and then some!

Where Paul had ignorantly lived as an Israelite; it turned out it was time for him to live as a Gentile - and then some.

Two bookends.

In the middle: the Great God of both in His Son by the Spirit through His Word rightly divided in light of both men.

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Beautiful weaving of scripture, without breaking it's message or integrity. This was a blessing to read!

I wish I would have thought of that. [emoji12]

But seriously, well worth the time to read your words. [emoji106]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Anyone want to see why Paul had problems with the Law?

Jeremiah 3.

Ouch!

What's written so plain is a message of pain.

How could people trade the grain, for stone that's slain?

People work in vein, under power that won't sustain.

If only all understood the righteous and unrighteous receive the rain.

To trade the birthright for lentils is insane!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Two bookends.

Middle of Apollo's act? :thumb:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ouch!

What's written so plain is a message of pain.

How could people trade the grain, for stone that's slain?

People work in vein, under power that won't sustain.

If only all understood the righteous and unrighteous receive the rain.

To trade the birthright for lentils is insane!

Yep. :plain:

Interplanner

What about Yom Kippur [The Day of Atonement]?

Not that I know of; it seems that the treatment of adultery was capital. You might think of that act as a sacrifice... Wasn't it when Phinehas killed a couple that a plague stopped in the desert when Israel was whoring with Baal or another loser idol?