Another wolf is marked/exposed/identified.

john w

Hall of Fame
And that's it folks; what passes for intellect around these parts.

"intellect" vs. "perscriptions that are misused and over perscribed?"

Got it, Jethro.

You might have some sort of point if you didn't understand what it was I had meant; but that isn't the case.
No, I understand what you meant-you're showing everybody your 6th grade egeecashun, Jethro.

popsthebuilder

"intellect" vs. "perscriptions that are misused and over perscribed?"

Got it, Jethro.

No, I understand what you meant-you're showing everybody your 6th grade egeecashun, Jethro.
Academia nor spelling are indicative of intellect.

I failed the sixth grade.....but eventually got my GED in the Navy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

You bring it on yourself. It seems you're unable to control what comes out of your mouth.
If you only knew what I refraned from. What does it matter when the conscience cannot be listened to and humility is a false virtue?

glorydaz

If you only knew what I refraned from.

Oh, I understand quite well that you have to hide your true feelings...that's what hypocrites do.

What does it matter when the conscience cannot be listened to and humility is a false virtue?

There is simply no hope for you as long as you are in the flesh. Your conscience has not been purified, so you remain in a battle with your mouth. You say what you wish you wouldn't say. And, your humility is false, so it cannot be considered a virtue. It's merely a disguise which you TRY and hide behind.

popsthebuilder

Oh, I understand quite well that you have to hide your true feelings...that's what hypocrites do.

There is simply no hope for you as long as you are in the flesh. Your conscience has not been purified, so you remain in a battle with your mouth. You say what you wish you wouldn't say. And, your humility is false, so it cannot be considered a virtue. It's merely a disguise which you TRY and hide behind.
Nope....nice try.....those are things you have said that I only restated.

People can speak on inpulse in retaliation, or they can think on it and recall what is good and right and profitable , and traverse that path instead.....there is nothing fake about it.

glorydaz

Nope....nice try.....those are things you have said that I only restated.

People can speak on inpulse in retaliation, or they can think on it and recall what is good and right and profitable , and traverse that path instead.....there is nothing fake about it.

No pops. When you "restate" things I've stated, you twist them and turn them inside out....just as you do scripture, itself. Your ego is so inflated, it makes you appear quite the clown.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Script writers..........

Script writers..........

Misdirection.

Chapter, verse, that allows you to revise/change, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...," to "All scripture was given by inspiration of God...." i.e., an expired bible.

Your belief in 'biblical inerrancy' is noted. Now proving such a claim is another matter ;)

Such a belief is unnecessary however, as I explained previously.

Anything coming thru human channels and further subjected to 'scribal editing' is subject to the bias and agendas of the script writers. This does not deny any inspiration involved in the process.

All religious writings stand on their own, within their own terms, meaning and context. They are subject to other factors which affect their translation and interpretation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Evasion, psychobabble-" insomuch as it is pure and true,"=almost pregnant, almost alive, almost dead.................

Vs. the book's testimony:

The Holy Bible is without error-it is perfect. This is scripture's testimony., its "witness":

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" Job 6:25 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth." 1 Kings 17:24 KJV

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalms 12:6 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalms 18:30 KJV

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." Psalms 19:7 KJV

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4 KJV

"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:140

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." Psalms 119:43 KJV

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160 KJV

"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Proverbs 30:5 KJV

"...the scripture of truth...." Daniel 10:21 KJV

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17 KJV

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

"By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,..." 2 Corinthians 6:7 KJV

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,..." Ephesians 1:13 KJV

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV

"...the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1:18 KJV

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23 KJV

It was only a matter of time that he spammed that worn out cliche, from his talk show, humanist brain. No, punk, the word of God is to put you in a box, it is to correct you, not vice verse.

Pathetic.

Already addressed :)

I dont worship a book, although some books may be more useful than others :)

The truth remains, you cant put what is infinite in a 'box'.

No one religion has a monopoly on 'God'.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Your belief in 'biblical inerrancy' is noted. Now proving such a claim is another matter ;)

Such a belief is unnecessary however, as I explained previously.

Anything coming thru human channels and further subjected to 'scribal editing' is subject to the bias and agendas of the script writers. This does not deny any inspiration involved in the process.

All religious writings stand on their own, within their own terms, meaning and context. They are subject to other factors which affect their translation and interpretation.

Yeah, God is NOT ABLE to keep that from happening. :rolleyes:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yeah, God is NOT ABLE to keep that from happening. :rolleyes:

Its patchwork quilt as it is, cherry pick as you please. How do you know 'God' has a vested interest to micro-manage this particular collection of books over say...the many religious writings and scriptures of other faith-traditions?

Again, I say the belief in the inerrancy or infallibility of a compile of books is unnecessary. Its an invested assumption.

A book may have more or less inspired parts. One can still find meaning and value therein without assuming its total perfection.

Last edited: