ECT AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE PEOPLE ??

Right Divider

Body part
YOU are following the wrong one. Paul said to follow Jesus as he himself said to follow.

Heb 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

hmmm, wonder why scripture does not say of Paul "the Apostle and High Priest of our profession" , but it does say that about Jesus ? You are deceived dan,sadly.
The BOC does NOT have a priesthood, nor a "High Priest".

We have the HEAD of our BODY; The LORD Jesus Christ.

You are deceived dodge, sadly.

Interplanner

The BOC does NOT have a priesthood, nor a "High Priest".

We have the HEAD of our BODY; The LORD Jesus Christ.

You are deceived dodge, sadly.

There are some particular applications of the letter to Hebrews to that generation in Judea, but a lot of it applies to us and uses the same language as other NT passages about us. Like his having vanquished the power of death.

D'ism makes idiotic categories; always has.

Interplanner

You're just a dumb as you ever were.

Go ahead and show us where Paul tells us about our priesthood.

Rev 1, I Pet 2.

Where are the mighty TOL members with enough respect to deal with insulting?

With all your mighty biblical knowledge, did you ever find the ante-diluvians? The Jerusalem above?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Rev 1, I Pet 2.

With all your mighty biblical knowledge, did you ever find the ante-diluvians? The Jerusalem above?

TOL was founded on the art of brutal Smackdown, so the nastier, the better in their minds. However, you are being acquainted with their left-overs, who are not too good at it or have run out of ideas.

Utilize any of their tactics or insult any of the resident feminists, tho, and you will get banned.

Right Divider

Body part
Rev 1, I Pet 2.
Go ahead and show us where Paul tells us about our priesthood.
Why don't you READ the POST that you're REPLYING to?

John and Peter are NOT PAUL!

How can us MAD folks communicate with someone so profoundly ignorant as you?

You are a scourge on this site and deserve the treatment that you receive.

If you'd like to DISCUSS some part of the scripture, feel free to bring it up. Homey don't play your games.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Why don't you READ the POST that you're REPLYING to?

John and Peter are NOT PAUL!

How can us MAD folks communication with someone so profoundly ignorant as you?

You are a scourge on this site and deserve the treatment that you receive.

If you'd like to DISCUSS some part of the scripture, feel free to bring it up. Homey don't play your games.

I don't play your games of dividing leader vs leader in the NT. It is one. You asked for a doctrine of believers as priests and you got it. And Paul may have written Hebrews, but used a different amanuensis than his usual (transcriber).

Right Divider

Body part
I don't play your games of dividing leader vs leader in the NT. It is one.
Wrong again.

Why does Paul NEVER mention OUR priesthood?

There is a REASON..... We don't have one.

You asked for a doctrine of believers as priests and you got it.
No, I did NOT. You are LYING again. I asked where PAUL tells US about OUR priesthood. The words PRIEST and PRIESTHOOD are CONSPICUOUSLY absent from ALL of Paul's epistles. That makes it GLARINGLY obvious that there is NO SUCH THING for the body of Christ.

And Paul may have written Hebrews, but used a different amanuensis than his usual (transcriber).
It is HIGHLY unlikely that Paul wrote Hebrews. Hebrews is ALL about the HEBREWS and Paul is the apostle of the GENTILES.

http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3512-Paul-did-not-write-Hebrews-we-do-not-know-who-did

Interplanner

Wrong again.

Why does Paul NEVER mention OUR priesthood?

There is a REASON..... We don't have one.

No, I did NOT. You are LYING again. I asked where PAUL tells US about OUR priesthood. The words PRIEST and PRIESTHOOD are CONSPICUOUSLY absent from ALL of Paul's epistles. That makes it GLARINGLY obvious that there is NO SUCH THING for the body of Christ.

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Paul wrote Hebrews. Hebrews is ALL about the HEBREWS and Paul is the apostle of the GENTILES.

http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3512-Paul-did-not-write-Hebrews-we-do-not-know-who-did

btw, TOL links are not taken seriously as worthwile commentary; save your energy.

The end of Hebrews sounds very much like Paul, but I don't think you read enough of the NT to know.

Most of the activity in a temple is one type of priest or another. So in rom 12 we read that each person in the living temple (Christ) is offering a living sacrifice, each day. Sounds like you could use some time just reading the NT again.

Maybe this is why Acts 26 is Paul shocked to see Israel keep trying to see its hope fulfilled in Jerusalem temple worship instead of what he had been doing for 30 years. 2 Cor 2:15 is also intriguing temple imagery for the same reason. I Cor 5:8: how do you keep a Passover festival unless you are a priest?

Interplanner

:french:
You're so funny.

The two places where it is mentioned...one we know is Paul's (Col) and the other (Heb ) supports that when taken with all other things about Hebrews.

Hebrews is not just for Jewish Christians any more than the atonement is just for Jewish Christians. Rather it clarifies that not all Jewish people in the OT were believers, and that many, many things transfer over.

Right Divider

Body part
The two places where it is mentioned...one we know is Paul's (Col) and the other (Heb ) supports that when taken with all other things about Hebrews.

Hebrews is not just for Jewish Christians any more than the atonement is just for Jewish Christians. Rather it clarifies that not all Jewish people in the OT were believers, and that many, many things transfer over.
Made up.

Interplanner

EVEN if Paul wrote Hebrews (and the evidence is highly in favor of him NOT having written it), it is STILL written TO THE HEBREWS who DID have a priesthood.

Yes, some things are just for that generation of them, but everyone was to move on from Judaism. They just needed guidance in how to do it. 'Be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods.'

don't confuse the original usage of the letter as though that locked out others from any benefit.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, some things are just for that generation of them, but everyone was to move on from Judaism. They just needed guidance in how to do it. 'Be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods.'

don't confuse the original usage of the letter as though that locked out others from any benefit.
I have NEVER said that OTHERS cannot benefit from it.

What is Judaism?

It that what the LORD GOD gave to Israel?