ECT AN OUTRAGE CLAIM BY PENTECOSTALS , Acts 2:2 !!

oatmeal

We can rest assured it had come into being by Acts 9, in any case.

Jesus asked Saul why he was persecuting HIM, not why he was persecuting a bunch of Jewish Christians.

That is correct.

Jesus Christ took it personally.

Saul was persecuting the body of Christ

DAN P

That is correct.

Jesus Christ took it personally.

Saul was persecuting the body of Christ

Hi , and just where was Paul persecuting " the Body of Christ "???

If you means Acts 8:3 , EXPLAIN ,where the Christians are , and the Greek word for CHRISTIANS is CHTISTIANOS a transliteration !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and just where was Paul persecuting " the Body of Christ "???

If you means Acts 8:3 , EXPLAIN ,where the Christians are , and the Greek word for CHRISTIANS is CHTISTIANOS a transliteration !!

dan p

Where is God in Acts 2:1-4?

Where is His son in Acts 2:1-4?

Where is the earth in Acts 2:1-4?

According to your logic, when someone or something is not mentioned in a passage, it is does not exist.

That is sloppy, very sloppy

DAN P

Where is God in Acts 2:1-4?

Where is His son in Acts 2:1-4?

Where is the earth in Acts 2:1-4?

According to your logic, when someone or something is not mentioned in a passage, it is does not exist.

That is sloppy, very sloppy

Hi and you can are not respond to the above post , but I know that you can not explain it , so Acts 15:11 is WAY OVER your head !!:darwinsm::darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ever wonder why the Church [Body of Christ] didn't begin in John 20:22? __ except for the need for power for it to function being the only reason.

I see what you are saying.

Jesus was preparing His body of believers from the beginning and it was only when Christ rose to Heaven finally that the Father took up His place in His NT Temple.

The Father never being without His Son.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
was a bit out if context but similar--

Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Those who say that the body of Christ did not begin until Paul, have not become members of Christs body at all.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Church began with Jesus. any believer and Christ follower is a member of The Body of Christ. any two or more people gathered in Jesus' name. selfishness, greed, power, etc. entered the church immediately. just like always, we need to search for a good Church. we can't judge a denomination or church and assume they are all the same. but an hour on sunday isn't enough for anybody. who cares who started "the church" or the exact "official moment" "The Church" began ? i love Paul's writings and ALL The Bible. i don't necessarily believe Paul alone started the church or A church. The Holy Ghost was given in John 20:22 through Jesus. and Jesus foretold of The Holy Spirit coming upon them After His Ascension. what's your difficulty ? so many people want to nitpick and bicker about isolated bits of scripture. distracting and pointless, never grasping the Totality of The Word. not you, but people on here. i'm still looking for a deep, honest, fearless exchange of ideas and beliefs, all in line with scripture. otherwise, we're only doing the same things over and over. still new to me though, so whatever - :chew:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Church began with Jesus. any believer and Christ follower is a member of The Body of Christ. any two or more people gathered in Jesus' name. selfishness, greed, power, etc. entered the church immediately. just like always, we need to search for a good Church. we can't judge a denomination or church and assume they are all the same. but an hour on sunday isn't enough for anybody. who cares who started "the church" or the exact "official moment" "The Church" began ? i love Paul's writings and ALL The Bible. i don't necessarily believe Paul alone started the church or A church. The Holy Ghost was given in John 20:22 through Jesus. and Jesus foretold of The Holy Spirit coming upon them After His Ascension. what's your difficulty ? so many people want to nitpick and bicker about isolated bits of scripture. distracting and pointless, never grasping the Totality of The Word. not you, but people on here. i'm still looking for a deep, honest, fearless exchange of ideas and beliefs, all in line with scripture. otherwise, we're only doing the same things over and over. still new to me though, so whatever - :chew:

funny, the more i look for interesting, meaningful, intelligent, somewhat deep, and searching, self-examining dialogue, sprinkled with humility and humor, or even 1 or 2 of those elements, i increasingly log off with that empty feeling.:crackup: jk. everybody just keep your walls up, careful not to share too much or say the wrong thing. there are very good people on TOL, and some bad, like everything in life. time - :grave:

revpete

Ever wonder why the Church [Body of Christ] didn't begin in John 20:22? __ except for the need for power for it to function being the only reason.

Our Lord breathed on them to empower them and to qualify them for the work He sent them to do, this breathing on them and the words that attended it, were a symbol, pledge, and confirmation, of what they were to receive on the day of Pentecost: hence it appears, that it is the Spirit of God, who, by his gifts and grace, makes and qualifies men to be ministers of the Gospel.

So then am I correct in assuming the MADs (if you are one, I dunno) say that The Body of Christ began at Jn 20:22?

DAN P

Lazy afternoon;4 Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father said:
Hi , and the verb " shall know " is in the FUTURE TENSE !!

Curious , just how do those in John 14:20 be put into the Father than in Jesus ?

In 1 Cor 12:13 , it is the Holy Spirit that BAPTIZO /PLACES all into the Body of Christ !!

John 14:20 only PLACES Jews into the Father and into Jesus , so How does that happen , Grasshopper ?:bang::bang:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lazy afternoon;4 Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father said:
Hi , and the verb " shall know " is in the FUTURE TENSE !!

Curious , just how do those in John 14:20 be put into the Father than in Jesus ?

In 1 Cor 12:13 , it is the Holy Spirit that BAPTIZO /PLACES all into the Body of Christ !!

John 14:20 only PLACES Jews into the Father and into Jesus , so How does that happen , Grasshopper ?:bang::bang:

dan p

You can only confess it has never happened to you.

LA

DAN P

If anything is outrageous here it's your argument from silence! Just because something or for that matter someone is not mentioned doesn't mean that it doesn't exist! Your exegesis is rather strained to say the least ⚠️

You are of course quite right when you quote 1Cor 12:13 in support of The Holy Spirit being The One who baptises every believer into the body of Christ. However, the verse before (v12) speaks of The Body as already existing and having many members. If The Body was already there in 1Cor 12 and fulfilling its function, where did it come from? I realise you have an answer but not being a MAD I don't know what it is.

Pete 👤

Hi and are you going to answer the OP , BLOVIATER !!

If you can not get out of the Kitchen , before you are roasted chicken !!

If you can say where the Body began , which you have no CLUE , ask me and I will give Chapter and verse , Acts 9:6 and 1 Tim 1:15-16 , BUT you do not understand the Present , CONTINUOUS Tense , so where did Grace begin ?

Be glad to explain to you , just ask !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

If you can say where the Body began , which you have no CLUE , ask me and I will give Chapter and verse , Acts 9:6 and 1 Tim 1:15-16 , BUT you do not understand the Present , CONTINUOUS Tense , so where did Grace begin ?

dan p

Grace has existed as long as God has - prove otherwise

DAN P

Grace has existed as long as God has - prove otherwise

Hi , so what does Grace mean ??

What does the Dispensation of the Grace of God MEAN ??

Do you know the difference , since CHARIS /GRACE is translated 12 different ways , just for the Uninitated !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

I just prove it HEH , HEH

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi , so what does Grace mean ??

What does the Dispensation of the Grace of God MEAN ??

Do you know the difference , since CHARIS /GRACE is translated 12 different ways , just for the Uninitated !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

I just prove it HEH , HEH

dan p

to me, Grace is God. the mercy and indescribable, unimaginable goodness and beauty of God. sometimes for just a split second or two i sense just a glimpse of what it means. often, when reading scripture, or being touched by an interaction with people or nature. people can show or display grace in behavior and speach. but the Grace of God is so much, that we can only try to imagine. i suspect i can't, completely. we can look at pictures of galaxies and deep space and get just a sense of God's Grace and Power and beauty. infinite Good. you should be laughing at yourself if you think your "initiated". i don't even care what that means to you. i am confident and content in my spiritual wisdom, i learn and grow everyday. - you keep looking for a dozen different ways to define it. chuckle chuckle HEH HEH - what, are you 13 years old ? :comeout:

Cross Reference

Our Lord breathed on them to empower them and to qualify them for the work He sent them to do, this breathing on them and the words that attended it, were a symbol, pledge, and confirmation, of what they were to receive on the day of Pentecost: hence it appears, that it is the Spirit of God, who, by his gifts and grace, makes and qualifies men to be ministers of the Gospel.
That is all conjectured reasoning.

In, John 20:22, Jesus said receive the Holy Spirit and that is exactly what the received [take note that there was no fanfare when it happened]. That account only speaks the indwelling of the Disciples. Even Jesus only had the indwelling until He was Baptized with the Holy Spirit as evidenced by the Dove that lighted on Him: "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove *upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." Luke 3:22 (KJV)

*Note *upon Him as being the third manifestation of the Holy Spirit spoken of by Jesus, separate from the other two here: "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." John 14:17 (KJV) The *in you being a prerequisite for the *upon to happen, Jesus being the example Luke 4:1.

So then am I correct in assuming the MADs (if you are one, I dunno) say that The Body of Christ began at Jn 20:22?

If it did, and it could have, what's the problem?

revpete

That is all conjectured reasoning.

In, John 20:22, Jesus said receive the Holy Spirit and that is exactly what the received [take note that there was no fanfare when it happened]. That account only speaks the indwelling of the Disciples. Even Jesus only had the indwelling until He was Baptized with the Holy Spirit as evidenced by the Dove that lighted on Him: "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove *upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." Luke 3:22 (KJV)

*Note *upon Him as being the third manifestation of the Holy Spirit spoken of by Jesus, separate from the other two here: "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." John 14:17 (KJV) The *in you being a prerequisite for the *upon to happen, Jesus being the example Luke 4:1.

If it did, and it could have, what's the problem?

So, you are saying that the baptiser with The Holy Spirit (Jesus according to John the Baptist, Matt 3:11) was Himself baptised with The Holy Spirit. Now that doesn't make any sense at all.

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with anything. What exactly do you mean by "the third manifestation of The Holy Spirit?"

Pete 👤

revpete

dan p

Thanks for your offer to explain but I would prefer to be taught by someone who actually rightly divides The Word of Truth, not one who divides and divides and divides The word. I am just getting to grips with this MAD stuff and have read arguments both for and against and so far what I see is error but I'll keep going.

Anyone with merest grasp of doctrine knows the church began on the day of Pentecost. As for grace try Jn 1:17. We have grace even on the OT but I take it you are talking about the dispensation of grace, which you would no doubt say began with Paul. If that is so, how was Paul himself saved?

Acts 9:6 is a command given to Paul just after his conversion on the Damascus Rd and has absolutely nothing to do with The Body of Christ. 1Tim 1:15 - 16 is the apostle testifying of his conversion despite his unworthiness.

Pete 👤