AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You Libs should have seen the Golden Globe Awards tonight. Merryl Streep, the leftist actress got up and did nothing but talk smack about the election, Trump, Hollywood, and protecting the Liberal Media. It was a sight and sound to behold as she continued to ramble on. When the cameras panned the audience, you could notice those who were in disagreement with her. They were the ones not clapping, folding their arms, and had unapproving looks on their faces. Today, some actors in Hollywood are Conservative, however, most are far left. There's basically a Liberal culture in Hollywood these days. If an average actor isn't a Lib, he/she probably won't get much work. The best thing an actor/actress can do for themselves is, keep your Conservative leanings to yourself.

The A-list actors and those with some bankable value are the only ones that can get away with being more open about their politics. The Democrats of old aren't the same as the Democrats today. My Dad and Mom were Democrats when I was growing up. My Dad was a tough Marine Corp Veteran during WW2. If you ask my Sister today about him, she'd say: "My Dad WAS John Wayne." It wasn't because he was really The Duke, it's just that he was tough like Wayne and a fairly BIG guy. He died several years ago and received a full Military Funeral, a gun salute, a U.S. flag on his coffin presented to my Mom, and a Military headstone.

If he had lived into the 80s and 90s era, he would have been a Conservative Republican, I'm certain of that. He was all about America, the flag, and patriotism. Nobody would have burned a U.S. flag in his presence. When I was a kid I saw him take a guy who was promoting Communism in our home. He took that guy by the nape of the neck and seat of the pants and literally threw him out the door of where we lived. That happened in the 1950s.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Hollywood is Babylon's pool of vanity and filth- God will scorch that valley well, I could imagine what the Apostles would say if they were here about those people.
They are adored by their entertainment and roles in film, and so people have an unfounded respect for them. Underneath it all, they are mostly useless people with an abysmal sense of self-importance.

And that 'Church of Scientology' they have going on is a damnable cult- I used to think it was simply nonsense until I did some research. Those people are snared up in a lot of scandal, it's actually pretty alarming.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that people who are of a liberal mindset are drawn to those who share the same values or lack of. Conservatives are drawn to people, ideas, values, morals, etc. More than likely if someone is a "true Christian," they usually gravitate towards Conservative values and tenets. Whereas, those who are religious perhaps, but not true Christians don't share those same values and tenets. I have a relative and loved one that is more liberal minded, basically a Democrat and voted for Hillary.

He's about 40 years old and grew up in a Christian home and "RAN" up to the pulpit of a Church when he was a small child, to receive Christ as his Savior. To my knowledge (He's very private) he doesn't read his Bible, doesn't go to Church and if you bring up Christianity he won't participate in the conversation, he basically goes mute. I have a real concern about his standing before God. He's intelligent, witty, personable, knowledgeable, successful, and married with two small children.

He's not one of those, "Angry Liberals" who lost their common sense, along with their minds after Hillary lost the election. He didn't go out and riot, destroy property, carry ludicrous signs saying: "Trump isn't my President," He didn't need copious cups of comfort cocoa, Puppies, a crying room, and a healthy supply of Play-Doh. There appear to be varied reactions to Hillary's loss within the Liberal community. Some get violent, others get angry, but, not violent. Liberals like my loved one (Relative) just go silent and won't talk about it. This election has caused a great division within our society, unlike any other election in my lifetime.

More people became interested in this election than at any other time in recent history. There's a lot of animosity out there, coming from both the Conservatives and the Liberals. No doubt, when the dust settles it will leave in its wake, broken Marriages, families, friendships, and other relationships. America as a whole had a decision to make, one that would change their attitudes, relationships, character, and future. Trump is our new President and we must, as a nation accept that conclusion if there's to be any peace beyond this election.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We saw how Conservatives acted when and after Obama was elected. They were complete Ladies and Gentlemen about the election. They didn't take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I don't think there's any remaining liberal today who holds to universal, orthodox moral views in Christianity. If there are, then they are a supreme minority among the rest of current liberals.

You could go into a black church, which will obviously be predominantly liberal, and they will nonetheless abhor homosexuality. But then, they'll swing right back around and go vote for people like Hillary because they support a full pound of liberal esxapades- BLM, feminism, divorce, abortion, etc.

Conservatism, by it's very name, upholds orthodox tenets of morality. That is why 'Liberal Christian' is more of an oxymoron than anything else- they simply conform Christianity to the world rather than the world to Christianity, and it's directly reflected in how they bend and make fictions of the scriptures in justifying their moral palette.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For the most part, mainly "Leftist types" are making an appearance on this thread. I suppose they catch the scent of the "Conservative OP" and come prowling around.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They're probably still feeling the emotional effects and damage their psyches have suffered, after the Hillary loss. Venting is a good way to release some of their angst.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
We saw how Conservatives acted when and after Obama was elected. They were complete Ladies and Gentlemen about the election. They didn't take to the streets and wreak havoc.
How true. :) Conservatives avoid public disturbances and prefer to wreak havoc in staid venues like the Senate chambers.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They're probably still feeling the emotional effects and damage their psyches have suffered, after the Hillary loss. Venting is a good way to release some of their angst.

They believe a homosexual's hurt feelings ( butthurt :rotfl:) is worth 3 million dollars, so I suppose in their mind they ought to be compensated the Treasury.

fool

Hall of Fame
This post-election, retroactive boasting's akin to a virgin fratboy who wakes up from a blacked-out bender only to find out he'd had sex with the ugly girl.
Dosen't matter, had sex.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Good thing we got the Best Winner.
Hmm? I wasn't talking about Trump. I'm not sure what sort of winner he's going to be. So far it's not too bad. He should ditch the Tweet business when he swears in, but he doesn't appear to be going after his opponents in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.