An Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

WandererInFog

Why the assertion I lack basic critical thinking skills?

Because you demonstrated a lack of them by thinking that Christian scholar would argue for later dates of composition for the Gospels than secular ones. You've now demonstrated it a second times by not understand that's what I was talking about.

What happened to your faiths requirement to do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

That is, in fact, precisely what I'm doing here. If I was going about purporting to know more about a subject than I actually do, I would fully expect someone to slap me down for it.

And I'm sure I have a place here on this site - as all of us can not agree...nor should we. General Patton once said, "If all of us are thinking alike - someone isn't thinking."

No, if all of us were thinking alike all it would mean is that either all of us were right or all of us were wrong. Similarly, if two people have reached contradictory conclusions on a subject no more than 1 of them can be right.

ChrisGergen

Whatever...

I am tired of having conversations that go in circles.

I never said I know more than I do. I suggested some points and you and others attack me as stupid or ignorant or a fraud. Cattyfan asserted that I am not educated. She went through the internet and found my resume, posted it, and then spent the better part of 5 pages degrading my character. Something I have not done to any of you.

I respect all of your theological opinions, yet I DO NOT agree. I have read many, many books on these subjects and seen many perspectives. I have given the one's which makes sense to me and you call me ignorant for doing so.

Why must you be disagreeable when someone disagrees? Why not take the high road and simply disagree as adults and stop this childish babbling. Please respect my disagreement with your faith and give facts that attack my assertions and not these personal attacks.

Really it shows the true values many on those on this site who claim to be Christians. It shows they have no Christian character.

C

cattyfan

Whatever...

I am tired of having conversations that go in circles.

I never said I know more than I do. I suggested some points and you and others attack me as stupid or ignorant or a fraud. Cattyfan asserted that I am not educated. She went through the internet and found my resume, posted it, and then spent the better part of 5 pages degrading my character. Something I have not done to any of you.

I respect all of your theological opinions, yet I DO NOT agree. I have read many, many books on these subjects and seen many perspectives. I have given the one's which makes sense to me and you call me ignorant for doing so.

Why must you be disagreeable when someone disagrees? Why not take the high road and simply disagree as adults and stop this childish babbling. Please respect my disagreement with your faith and give facts that attack my assertions and not these personal attacks.

Really it shows the true values many on those on this site who claim to be Christians. It shows they have no Christian character.

There is nothing unChristian about calling someone out for misrepresenting themselves, nor is it UnChristian to point out when someone's thinking isn't based in fact.

You came to this website, and in your first post presented yourself as a "well-educated former pastor." The clear implication from that statement is your education was in theology or Biblical studies, and the inference was you had been a dedicated, full-time pastor.

I then located the facts, as posted by you, elsewhere on the Internet: you have no theological training or education, and your experience is not as an employee or called servant of a church.

Again, nothing I did was contrary to the teachings of Christ. I just revealed you as who you really are.

Your further postings and discourse with other members here has highlighted your inability to support your own claims, and has drawn the curtain back to show the gaps in your theological "self education." The refutations of your points have been well supported, and that seems to upset you. You find "disagreement" to be the revelation that you aren't right...and wish to silence anyone who doesn't give you affirmation.

I reiterate: perhaps this is not the right forum for you.

ChrisGergen

I reiterate:

Leave me alone. Clearly you are on a witch hunt. If you look at other postings in other places, I have had fine conversations with others who aren't aren't insecure and on some self-imposed witch hunt to get all those who have left the faith.

You're Psychotic. If you keep harassing me I will have to report you to you again, so you can censor you or give you a warning from you, because apparently you run this show.

I'm dizzy...

C

cattyfan

You're Psychotic. If you keep harassing me I will have to report you to you again, so you can censor you or give you a warning from you, because apparently you run this show.

I'm dizzy...

You are as confused about who is in charge here as you are about who is in charge of the universe.

Here, Knight is in charge. He owns and operates this site.

(As for the universe, I know you are a little unclear on this point, but God is decidedly in charge.)

I think it's amusing that you find the ability to see through you "psychotic," and view pointing out flaws in your arguments as "harassment."

But to appease you, I'll give myself a stern talking to.

ChrisGergen

Thank you...

I feel better now that you have talked to yourself...which makes you psychotic!

LOL...I'm sorry, small humor from me... My apologies.

And in addition, I apologize for any misrepresentation you received from my initial hello post. Obviously I offended you. I meant to no offense. Frankly, I meant to say hello - lets talk, I have something intelligent to say (I know you take issue here) and you have something intelligent to say. That was it. My whole intention was to say hello.

So you're happy and talking to yourself, I'm happy and monologuing (sp?) so lets bury the hatchet...

And thank you Random for clarifying - I was so confused... ;)

C

cattyfan

Thank you...

I feel better now that you have talked to yourself...which makes you psychotic!

LOL...I'm sorry, small humor from me... My apologies.

And in addition, I apologize for any misrepresentation you received from my initial hello post. Obviously I offended you. I meant to no offense. Frankly, I meant to say hello - lets talk, I have something intelligent to say (I know you take issue here) and you have something intelligent to say. That was it. My whole intention was to say hello.

So you're happy and talking to yourself, I'm happy and monologuing (sp?) so lets bury the hatchet...

And thank you Random for clarifying - I was so confused... ;)

:hammer: Not what you meant?

(apology accepted. And I'm only psychotic if I start answering myself...in different voices :noid:)

ChrisGergen

I know!! Its terrible right? How do I put a picture or something up there?! I'm still trying to get my bearing here on the forum! Help!!

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know!! Its terrible right? How do I put a picture or something up there?! I'm still trying to get my bearing here on the forum! Help!!

Catty's the keeper of all avatars. To change yours, you have to go through her.

Good luck!

*just kidding* :)

Once you become a paid subscriber or reach a certain level of posts, then you'll be able to customize more.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why must you be disagreeable when someone disagrees? Why not take the high road and simply disagree as adults and stop this childish babbling.
So it's a do as I say sort of thing then...:think:
...Really it shows the true values many on those on this site who claim to be Christians. It shows they have no Christian character.
Oh come now, how much can that mean to you? You gave yours up for nothing...literally. :plain:

ChrisGergen

I did read that part, but it says to do so in love.

Mr Heretic, I paid a great price to give my positions up - but not my character. And seeing as you don't know me or my history you have no position upon which to judge that character.

I made my statement about character while irritated and admittedly it was a bit rash.

Keep in mind Mr. Heretic, I was attacked by others, not the other way around. But that is history. Mrs. Catty and I have buried the hatchet have begun a new relationship. Hopefully, she may help me to change my avatar one day. Won't that be nice? ;)

C

cattyfan

I did read that part, but it says to do so in love.

Mr Heretic, I paid a great price to give my positions up - but not my character. And seeing as you don't know me or my history you have no position upon which to judge that character.

I made my statement about character while irritated and admittedly it was a bit rash.

Keep in mind Mr. Heretic, I was attacked by others, not the other way around. But that is history. Mrs. Catty and I have buried the hatchet have begun a new relationship. Hopefully, she may help me to change my avatar one day. Won't that be nice? ;)

Even as a new guy, you have some avatar choices. Go to user cp and on the left hand side of your screen will be a list of options, including "edit avatar." Once there, you should have a choice of a couple dozen different representations. Among them, some cartoonish drawings, animals, a few stained glass windows, and sports logos.

Status
Not open for further replies.