An Apology!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wish to apologize for comments I have made in anger that may have been offensive. The comments I have made do not at all reflect my actual behavior or beliefs in real life.
I have allowed myself to run off at the mouth in anger and I am ashamed of myself.
This will not happen again.
Sometimes life and forums get to us.

Offering an apology is a very humble thing to do, it above and beyond the norm.

Bless you my friend, your apology is accepted, and the hand friendship is offered,

quip

BANNED
Banned
Thats how i took what you said also especially since many lib writers these days are using the term exactly how tambora showed it. Seems to be a flavor of the month.

LOL

"Not just you special snow flakes."

Is the word "special" a racist flavor of the month as well....how about "Not just you.."? :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sometimes life and forums get to us.

Offering an apology is a very humble thing to do, it above and beyond the norm.

Bless you my friend, your apology is accepted, and the hand friendship is offered,
Yep. And absent a history of offenses the appropriate response is to accept and move on.

Now if it was Tom Brady I'd say dig in there, really go after it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
In the south, "special" is what we call the retarded.
We don't call them retarded.

:BRAVO: Splendid. Now I suppose, fully parsed and taken out of context, Q's comment is also making fun of the retarded?

PureX

Weird isnt it, how we arent flipping out and killing people over names and just laughing them off.
That's because these names don't come with any real consequence. If being called a "snowflake" meant that you were about to be thrown out of your job, or your home, or be unjustly arrested, or that you were about to take a physical beating, the term would inspire a lot of fear and resentment. But it doesn't for us. So we can just laugh about it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:BRAVO: Splendid. Now I suppose, fully parsed and taken out of context, Q's comment is also making fun of the retarded?
Well, who really knows for sure?
I mean, so many folks (like you) want to beat around the bush with vague comments or insinuations instead of just outright saying how they really feel about another.

Becomes more of a battle about witty meanderings rather than the core truth.
But that's OK. Nothing wrong with witty meanderings. Very entertaining at times, although it often causes misunderstandings (as we have seen time and again on TOL). Such is the world of internet forum talk. A lot like real life.

As the World Twirls.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wish to apologize for comments I have made in anger that may have been offensive. The comments I have made do not at all reflect my actual behavior or beliefs in real life.
I have allowed myself to run off at the mouth in anger and I am ashamed of myself.
It takes a person of integrity to apologize when they know they are wrong.

bybee

Well, who really knows for sure?
I mean, so many folks (like you) want to beat around the bush with vague comments or insinuations instead of just outright saying how they really feel about another.

Becomes more of a battle about witty meanderings rather than the core truth.
But that's OK. Nothing wrong with witty meanderings. Very entertaining at times, although it often causes misunderstandings (as we have seen time and again on TOL). Such is the world of internet forum talk. A lot like real life.

As the World Twirls.

...and words twist....

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...and words twist....
Yep.

It's a game of words.

You can insinuate so much without coming out and saying what's on your mind.
By using insinuation, you can always have an out.
By using questions, instead of statements, you can always have an out.
By using euphemisms, you can always have an out.

Lots of ways to insinuate what you think of others without really saying it.

But hey, I like games .... sometimes.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's always ironic that the people who least need to apologize for their behavior, always do, and those who most need to apologize, never do.

But you are more credible because of that apology, Bybee. Needed or not, it indicates that you are monitoring your words, and are willing to admit when you think you've gone too far.

M. A. Williams

I didn't see what you're referring to, I just want to thank and applaud your humility in being able to hold your hands up to perceived fault and admit wrongdoing.

We're Christians. We should know more than anyone that we stumble and others stumble too. I hope other Christians will do what I believe to be the Christian thing, which is to hold out a hand that wants not to strike you for your actions, but to help you back up and on your walk in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thank you and God Bless.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I have no idea what this is all about
but
why not ask for forgiveness instead of offering an apology?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did not understand it. I had never heard the term before.
And I have apologized for it.
What more would you like me to do?

He would like to kick you a few more times while you are on the ground. He is a class act, that one!