'American Sniper' Overview

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Oh the horror!!!!!
How dare someone actually prefer one country over another.

And how dare anyone want to be one that actually puts their own life on the line to save others. And then donates all proceeds of his book to help soldiers that also laid their lives on the line.

Horror of horrors!!!
What is the world coming to?
We need to ridicule folks like that.

no-1.gif

I'm not ridiculing the man.

More or less, I'm just making a spectacle of the shallow end of modern Americanism- the fact that the movie isn't actually focused on the man but rather the patriotism there.

The America we live in- reality- and the idea which inspired the film are two different things. The movie was good and the man was great, but the patriotic dogma is not- it is an American pipedream.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There are three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs.

there is another way of saying this

who do you want on that wall?
jack nicholson
tom cruise
no one

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Or just assume the world can never be a better place, then guarantee it.:yawn:

is it a better place for children?

how many are aborted?
how many are born without a father?
how many see their mother and father divorce each other?
how many are taught to hate jews and christians?

when was it worse?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Not really the point I was trying to make. I just dispute the assumption that we'll always need walls and need to act with proactive violence...we've tried that as a species for a long time, with the results that we see.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Not really the point I was trying to make. I just dispute the assumption that we'll always need walls and need to act with proactive violence...we've tried that as a species for a long time, with the results that we see.

do we just wait for another 9/11 ?
or
do we do what we can to avoid it?

Granite

Hall of Fame
do we just wait for another 9/11 ?
or
do we do what we can to avoid it?

The only way to completely avoid and prevent another terrorist attack on American soil is to finally take the gloves off and just openly act as the police state we already are--just more brazenly, overtly, and without any pretense of "democracy." Short of that, we're at risk.

And again, not the point I was trying to make. At all. Forget it.