American Sniper Movie

drbrumley

If she's true blue :straight: then she won't mind paying for her crimes against the US.

If you're not willing to do the time, don't do the crime (2 Tim. 3:4).

fondapic2.jpg

So what should be her punishment?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Strikes me as garden variety if well-made propaganda. No interest in seeing this, and usually I'm a big Eastwood fan.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Fonda] So what should be her punishment?

Death. "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States." 18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Daniel1611

There's too much hype around this movie making the sniper out to be some great hero. Looks like a neat movie. But the guys is not a hero. He killed people by shooting them from his bedroom window in a country we should never have invaded. Keyword: Invaded. I get that he was just taking orders. Whatever. But he's still not a hero. There's not one heroic thing about shooting people from a window in a country that was invaded.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There's too much hype around this movie making the sniper out to be some great hero. Looks like a neat movie. But the guys is not a hero. He killed people by shooting them from his bedroom window in a country we should never have invaded. Keyword: Invaded. I get that he was just taking orders. Whatever. But he's still not a hero. There's not one heroic thing about shooting people from a window in a country that was invaded.

Don't forget to mention that 9/11 was an inside job Danny.

Ron-Paul.png

Daniel1611

Waiting for someone to tell me what is heroic about hiding in a hotel room and shooting people in the head from your bed. People that don't even know you're there nonetheless. And in a country that had not attacked your home country and posed no threat to your security. Tell me what is heroic about that? Tell me.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Waiting for someone to tell me what is heroic about hiding in a hotel room and shooting people in the head from your bed. People that don't even know you're there nonetheless. And in a country that had not attacked your home country and posed no threat to your security. Tell me what is heroic about that? Tell me.

1). You haven't seen the movie.

2). You have no idea what threat Islam poses to Judeo-Christianized civilization (or any other religion for that matter that doesn't bow down to Allah).

Daniel1611

Quote:

2). You have no idea what threat Islam poses to Judeo-Christianized civilization (or any other religion for that matter that doesn't bow down to Allah).

1. I have not seen the movie. It looks pretty interesting though. I've been meaning to see it. Regardless of whether I see it or like it, it has no bearing on what I think of the Iraq war.

2. Those people in Iraq posed no threat to America. Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell both said, before the war, that Iraq posed no threat to us and did not have any weapons worth worrying about.

Invading a country that poses no threat and killing people is not heroic.

BT dubs... 9/11 was and inside job.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Quote:

1. I have not seen the movie. It looks pretty interesting though. I've been meaning to see it. Regardless of whether I see it or like it, it has no bearing on what I think of the Iraq war.

But it does have a huge bearing on your lack of knowledge of what a sniper does (I'll give you a hint, they take out terrorists that attempt to murder US soldiers and contruction workers).

2. Those people in Iraq posed no threat to America. Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell both said, before the war, that Iraq posed no threat to us and did not have any weapons worth worrying about.

Invading a country that poses no threat and killing people is not heroic.

Again, we're talking about a fanatic religion (Islam) that orders those who don't convert to their religion to be killed.

BT dubs... 9/11 was and inside job.

You're a Paulbot through and through.

Daniel1611

But it does have a huge bearing on your lack of knowledge of what a sniper does (I'll give you a hint, they take out terrorists that attempt to murder US soldiers and contruction workers).

Again, we're talking about a fanatic religion (Islam) that orders those who don't convert to their religion to be killed.

You're a Paulbot through and through.

You make no sense. You oppose Islamic fascists, but you apparently support the Iraq war which deposed of Saddam Hussein and his secular regime which then allowed Islamic terrorists to gain power and also emboldened Iran. It doesn't make sense. It seems more like you just support war and interventionism in general.

What the snipers in Iraq did were hide out and kill people who opposed the invasion and occupation of their country by a foreign nation. I suppose if you lived during the War of 1812 you would have called the British the heroes of the story.

rougueone

Quote:

There " maybe" exceptions to war. Personally, I would not risk going against God's command. I do feel the movie sensationalizes and sheds a dark light on the taking of human life. Islamist are humans and I do not know of any exclusions to in Scripture to treating them differently. Yes, they are dangerous. But I ask who lit up the middle East ? The U.S. did. Then a greater Islamic threat emerges and the current POTUS did nothing to stop them. As difficult as this maybe for some, Islam may be the last Empire. I fear for this Nation. I fear for the children. I fear for Americas leader's. It was so blessed by Holy God. The U.S. may have a voice in the future. But not the final voice. I hope I am wrong.
Matthew 5:43....

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Last edited:

rougueone

You make no sense. You oppose Islamic fascists, but you apparently support the Iraq war which deposed of Saddam Hussein and his secular regime which then allowed Islamic terrorists to gain power and also emboldened Iran. It doesn't make sense. It seems more like you just support war and interventionism in general.

What the snipers in Iraq did were hide out and kill people who opposed the invasion and occupation of their country by a foreign nation. I suppose if you lived during the War of 1812 you would have called the British the heroes of the story.

Although I know you are dialed in, here is a documentary you may find worth seeing.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/knew/

John O'Neill was a man Osama bin Laden wanted dead. O'Neill had been Deputy Director of the FBI, and Osama bin Laden's main pursuer in the US government. He was removed from his position about a month before he was about to discover 9-11. He knew a " plan" was in effect using commercial planes. He went down in the towers.

Daniel1611

Although I know you are dialed in, here is a documentary you may find worth seeing.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/knew/

John O'Neill was a man Osama bin Laden wanted dead. O'Neill had been Deputy Director of the FBI, and Osama bin Laden's main pursuer in the US government. He was removed from his position about a month before he was about to discover 9-11. He knew a " plan" was in effect using commercial planes. He went down in the towers.

I will believe the official story of 9/11 when I see a photo or video of the plane hitting the Pentagon. One of the most secure places on earth and there isn't one video or photo of that plane hitting the Pentagon? How gullible can people be. I know the plane disintegrated into nothingness on impact, but where is a picture of it hitting the pentagon?

Does anyone ACTUALLY believe the plane completely melted into nothing? Give me a break.

I drank what?

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

i concur, banned person

/hope you weren't banned for this post :(

Daniel1611

i concur, banned person

/hope you weren't banned for this post :(

"Thou shalt not kill" is not an absolute commandment. If you read the context, it means not to murder. Obviously it can't mean not to kill ever. The death penalty is commanded for certain crimes and sins in the Bible. God, at one time, commanded the killing of animals for sacrifice. God permits us to kill animals for food.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I didn't acknowledget that the war on terror has been fought properly, I stated that Islam is an imperialist religion that won't take hostages.

So the muzzies were justified in murdering US soldiers because they wrongfully "invaded" their country?

(I can't wait to hear the Paulbot's answer on this one).