American Right To Life Unfurled World's Largest Protest Sign: DNC Sheets Of Shame

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So give us some stats, we know it was 700 sheets.
How many sheets wide is one of those lines?
How'd you keep them from blowing away?
Is each letter sewn into one peice or are they smaller segments?
Did you have some lasers set up or a transom to give you lines to follow?
Did you actually set this up some where else for practice?
Who masterminded the install?
If ya did something like that again ya should get a marching band, take away their instruments and give each 4 sheets, they can memorize a new march in a week, have em keep the sheets you could have a new sign every week.
Does anyone have any TV invites yet?
What are you doing with the sheets now (I'm a little behind on laundry so.....)

Here's a quote from the Rocky Mountain News
"The sign measured 530 feet tall by 666 feet wide, according to a press release. It had the letters D-N-C in huge yellow capitals arranged vertically.

Former Colorado Republican Party chairman and ARTL Action president Steve Curtis said the group began to hike up the mountain at 1 a.m. and finished erecting the sign at 8:30 a.m.

"The protest sign weighs more than 2,700 pounds and was sewed together with more than four miles of seams connecting 2,400 sheets and backpacked onto location and is being unfurled by 44 letter carriers with spotters a mile away to ensure proper letter placement," said Curtis"

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I turned out so perfect! What an amazing accomplishment. I stayed up all night waiting for news coverage. It didn't get nearly the attention it deserved. At least it will live on in the Guinness Book of World Records for awhile.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Incredible you guys....just incredible...:noway:

I am awestruck....:BRAVO:

:think: I wonder if the DNC noticed? :chuckle:

fool

Hall of Fame
Here's a quote from the Rocky Mountain News
"The sign measured 530 feet tall by 666 feet wide, according to a press release. It had the letters D-N-C in huge yellow capitals arranged vertically.

Former Colorado Republican Party chairman and ARTL Action president Steve Curtis said the group began to hike up the mountain at 1 a.m. and finished erecting the sign at 8:30 a.m.

"The protest sign weighs more than 2,700 pounds and was sewed together with more than four miles of seams connecting 2,400 sheets and backpacked onto location and is being unfurled by 44 letter carriers with spotters a mile away to ensure proper letter placement," said Curtis"

Hmm
61 pounds per person
Should have had at least a hundred
The reports said that the sign erectors were hungrey and dehydrated?

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
AWESOME!!!

AWESOME!!!

This was such a monumental task and I am so proud of everyone who pulled this off. It is such a great honor to be a part of a group who is so passionately pro-life and dedicated to the cause.

:BRAVO:

Go here ( and scroll down) to see exclusive photos from my husband's camera at the top of the mountain as the Sheets of Shame project begins to be revealed.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight,

Let us know when the new edition of Guinness Book of World Records comes out. I'll want to have a copy of it.

I love how they always seem to figure out a way to get a lot of press with their protests! :BRAVO:

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0' width='320' height='305' id='embeddedplayer'><param name='movie' value='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-kusa-316-pub01-live/current/9newsarticle/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf'/><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/><param name='scale' value='noscale'/><param name='salign' value='LT'/><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000'/><param name='wmode' value='window'/><param name='FlashVars' value='playerId=newsarticleplayer&referralObject=833097791&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gcirm.gannett-tv.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads&adPositionId=x25&adSiteId=video.9news.com&gpaperCode=gntbcstkusa&marketName=Denver, CO&division=broadcast&pageContentCategory=newsarticleplayer&pageContentSubcategory=newsarticleplayer'/><embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-kusa-316-pub01-live/current/9newsarticle/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='embeddedplayer' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' menu='false' quality='high' play='false' name='newsarticleplayer' height='305' width='320' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' scale='noscale' salign='LT' bgcolor='#000000' wmode='window' flashvars='playerId=newsarticleplayer&referralObject=833097791&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gcirm.gannett-tv.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads&adPositionId=x25&adSiteId=video.9news.com&gpaperCode=gntbcstkusa&marketName=Denver, CO&division=broadcast&pageContentCategory=newsarticleplayer&pageContentSubcategory=newsarticleplayer'' /></object>

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This was such a monumental task and I am so proud of everyone who pulled this off. It is such a great honor to be a part of a group who is so passionately pro-life and dedicated to the cause.

:BRAVO:

Go here ( and scroll down) to see exclusive photos from my husband's camera at the top of the mountain as the Sheets of Shame project begins to be revealed.
I just have to say that I went to your site to check out the pics and am very impressed with the whole site. Everyone should really check it out.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
d2i is sound asleep after that long day :)

I just want to say that I am SO proud of all you people who helped out today! YOU ROCK!!!

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
I saw D2i & CRASH in full view on 7 News tonight! Can't find the news clip yet, but that's the link to the article.

One dimwit said this: :mmph:

"I'm angry," said Ruth Rinehart, a Golden resident who often hikes on the mountain. "I've been watching them rolling those sheets down the mountain and rocks have been tumbling down. It is a sensitive property, and it's public property, and it's our space."
:madmad:

Forget the children!!! Those precious rocks and piles of dirt - HOW DARE THEY Destroy the Land!

:blabla:

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
I just have to say that I went to your site to check out the pics and am very impressed with the whole site. Everyone should really check it out.

Thanks Clete - It's my little side hobby when I'm not taking care of my four kids, cleaning house or goofing around on TOL.

Let's just say something ends up suffering, and I'm drowning in dishes and piles of laundry right now. :eek:

Todah

Wow, absolutely amazing! Certainly God blessed the effort that was put into this project, and "everything that they set their hands to do, to prosper!" Truly we thank God, and praise Him for His favor!

Pro 21:31

I am so "proud", in a sense, of the two people from our fellowship, that carried parts of two of the letters, up that "very" steep mountainside.

I hope, and pray for everyone involved today, to have a wonderful and peaceful night's sleep, and awake refreshed and renewed!

May they truly feel God's face shining upon them.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Forget the children!!! Those precious rocks and piles of dirt - HOW DARE THEY Destroy the Land!

Yeah. That's pretty much what my mom said ("They should be ashamed of themselves; destroying the land just to get out a pointless message that they're wrong about anyway."). I tried to explain to her what the whole thing was about and she basically said she didn't want to hear it because the democratic party does not support abortion. I told her that the right to "safe abortions" is part of the democrat party's platform. But, she doesn't want to hear that at all.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
I saw D2i & CRASH in full view on 7 News tonight! Can't find the news clip yet, but that's the link to the article.

One dimwit said this: :mmph:

:madmad:

Hey! Be nice! Those poor rocks have feelings, too, you know!!

:rolleyes: