Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

drbrumley

I doubt she was just taking a random stroll through the park.
But she had every right to choose to be there knowing the risks.

She was murdered.
She should not have been murdered no matter what her affiliation was.

The only "bad" folks at the protest were the ones that caused physical harm to others no matter what their affiliation.
Hitting others, macing others, throwing things at others, and running over others with a car was wrong.

Exactly!!!

drbrumley

Right. You said Antifa showed up and the Nazi's "got really agitated". But that's like saying Adventists showed up and the Pope got really Catholic.

No, clearly both sides were agitating one another.....Antifa knew the Nazi's were there.......the Nazi's and KKK knew Antifa was there.. This is no big secret.... 2 groups opposed to one another with the first order of business is to get violent. Both have shown it repeatedly....The police SHOULD have known this....but yet decided to allow them to get within hitting distance of one another...and innocent people were caught up in the melee...

If you want to say Antifa made a bad situation worse in some instances and more combustible, that's probably fair.

Thanks.....

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly!!!
What's sad is that every little bit of dirt that can be found about her or her family's past will now be exposed.

I don't know why folks want to show up at these good for nothing rallies/protests in the first place.
They solve nothing.

If you choose to, be prepared to have the spotlight right on ya and all your family and friends.

drbrumley

What's sad is that every little bit of dirt that can be found about her or her family's past will now be exposed.

I don't know why folks want to show up at these good for nothing rallies/protests in the first place.
They solve nothing.

If you choose to, be prepared to have the spotlight right on ya and all your family and friends.

So true.....

Speaking of showing the light, since it is common here to shed light on the mistermed "alt-right", it's only fair and just to show the light on the "alt left".

Antifa is a major player in the Revolutionary Communist Party, with the major players being Carl Dix, Sunsara Taylor, and Andy Zee. Now they are out of Chicago.....why put yourself in Charlottesville, half a country away...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The police SHOULD have known this....but yet decided to allow them to get within hitting distance of one another...and innocent people were caught up in the melee...
Yeppers.
I don't why folks think the police can keep a protest/rally "friendly".
We've seen it time and time again that they cannot.
They can only try to find and arrest those that are not, after the fact.
And as we have also seen, they cannot even do that in such chaos.

You would think that respectable folks would stay home and care for their family instead of ranting and raving down the street where they KNOW the probability of being caught in the crossfire by some nutso being there.
If one so chooses to go, best be prepared for the likelihood of being caught in the crossfire.

I see them more as foolish than victim.
I mean, come on, show up at a KKK, ANTIFA, BLM group rally and expect nothing bad to happen????
Get real.

gcthomas

So true.....

Speaking of showing the light, since it is common here to shed light on the mistermed "alt-right", it's only fair and just to show the light on the "alt left".

Antifa is a major player in the Revolutionary Communist Party, with the major players being Carl Dix, Sunsara Taylor, and Andy Zee. Now they are out of Chicago.....why put yourself in Charlottesville, half a country away...

What is mistermed about 'alt-right'? The white supremecist Richard Spencer coined the term as a euphemism for racist white nationalism. Alt-left doesn't refer to any movement or group and was coined by the right to try to shed some of the criticism they were getting. It has no meaning.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So true.....

I can say that I, personally, hate ANTIFA more than I hate the KKK as being more destructive to this country.
If I'm strolling in a park where they both are and a fight breaks out where I am caught in the middle, my cross-hairs will be on ANTIFA first.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You would think that respectable folks would stay home...
No, you would think that. I think respectable folks stand up to that sort of garbage parading down their streets. Peaceful resistance, like the young lady was doing moments before the racist ran her down.

I see them more as foolish than victim.
Someone from the hard right blaming the victim again? :plain: Well that's just shocking [/sarcasm].

I mean, come on, show up at a KKK, ANTIFA, BLM group rally and expect nothing bad to happen????
Get real.
The reality is that neither Antifa nor anyone claiming association with the Black Lives Matter movement hurt a hair on her head.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought the right was free market, who are you to tell business how to regulate theirs? Don't like the selection? Add a new one....town

I didnt tell anyone how to run their business. Their business is free speech and they are anything but. They dominate the market ( a monopoly) and if you want your point of view available to the masses, you have no choice but to use them. The speech companies are dependent on big tech companies and those big techies are already stamping out start up speech companies by deleting their apps. Example of GAB company coming up.
The monopoly is a government granted monopoly just like all monopolies are government granted monopolies (there might be a single case where this isn't true, but that is negligible and debatable to boot).

But if anyone was wondering the damage that copyright law does, this is it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The monopoly is a government granted monopoly just like all monopolies are government granted monopolies (there might be a single case where this isn't true, but that is negligible and debatable to boot).

But if anyone was wondering the damage that copyright law does, this is it.
Interesting thought. I might take it up in the legal thread. :think:

Any thoughts on the rally?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Someone from the hard right blaming the victim again? :plain: Well that's just shocking [/sarcasm].
Rubbish.
I have stated that it was murder and wrong to do.

But still, she knew the risks and even stated she was leery to attend.
She chose to go anyway.
And, big surprise, folks got hurt.
I could have told her folks would get hurt before she ever decided to go.
Was she so much in the dark about such things?
I mean, seriously, did anyone with half a brain place a bet that no one would be hurt at ANTIFA, KKK, BLM rally??????
Foolish if they did.

The reality is that neither Antifa nor anyone claiming association with the Black Lives Matter movement hurt a hair on her head.
She was not the only one harmed.
People on all sides of that rally were harmed by others.

It was stupidity for the city to allow those groups to rally/protest on the same day at the same place.

Only one group should have been allowed to rally/protest on that day at that place.
And another separate day for the other groups as well.
Geeze, have a little common sense.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Rubbish.
I have stated that it was murder and wrong to do.

But still, she knew the risks and even stated she was leery to attend.
She chose to go anyway.
And, big surprise, folks got hurt.
I could have told her folks would get hurt before she ever decided to go.
Was she so much in the dark about such things?
I mean, seriously, did anyone with half a brain place a bet that no one would be hurt at ANTIFA, KKK, BLM rally??????
Foolish if they did.

:shut::shut::shut:

drbrumley

The next battle will be Nov 4...

Here is the call for action by the antifascists.....and you really think the Commies won't show up either?

A “Unite the Right March on Charlottesville” rally has been called on August 12th. I’m going to Charlottesville to be part of confronting them, and I call on others to join me there.
Earlier white supremacist rallies in Charlottesville gathered people wearing Ku Klux Klan (KKK) robes, carrying Confederate flags, shouting “white power” slogans and bearing arms. This weekend’s will bring out these ugly manifestations from the history of the U.S. and gather forces who are being welded into a contingent of the storm troopers the fascist Trump/Pence regime is unleashing as it works to bring down and clamp into place fascist rule in this country.
This rally will dredge up the history of unimaginable savagery Black people have suffered in the U.S. Centuries of slavery, followed by decades of subjugation enforced by lynch mob terror. Thousands of Black people were lynched. The KKK burned crosses and kidnapped, beat and tortured people. Black people were burned alive or had body parts cut off. These savage acts were sometimes announced in newspapers in advance and joined by white mobs that gathered in a festive atmosphere. THIS is the “heritage” these fascists want not just to preserve but to force back on us!
This reassertion of white supremacy is occurring alongside intensification of patriarchy and aggressive national chauvinism. As Bob Avakian, the leader of the Revolutionary Communist Party has said, these horrors form a triad of reaction that is being intensified by the atmosphere the fascist Trump/Pence regime is whipping up.
We have to confront these white supremacists in the streets in Charlottesville. In their mobilizations, you can see the outlines of a coming civil war. We have to make them understand that people will not tolerate them spewing their poison. However they come at us, we cannot back down. We have to meet them with a powerful and diverse outpouring that delivers a message that what they represent is unacceptable. #NoNewKKK.
And we can’t just show up in Charlottesville for the weekend and think we’re done. The intensified white supremacy, patriarchy and aggressive national chauvinism that is surging today must be ended. They and the other horrors the Trump/Pence regime is enforcing on humanity are all rooted in the American system of capitalism-imperialism, a system that’s been around too damn long and needs to be gotten rid of in the only way possible—thru an actual revolution that overthrows this system.
And right now everybody, wherever you’re coming from, needs to join together to drive the fascist Trump/Pence regime from power before it’s too late.
RefuseFascism.org has called for people to take the demand: This Nightmare Must End! The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go! to the streets in cities and towns across the country on November 4th and stay in the streets, night after night until our demand is met. Be part of fighting back this weekend and getting organized for November 4 to end the nightmare and drive out this regime.
SEE YOU IN CHARLOTTESVILLE THIS WEEKEND!
AND SEE YOU IN THE STREETS ON NOVEMBER 4TH!

drbrumley

Washington, Lee and Trump: 5 Points That Must Be Clear

Washington, Lee and Trump:
5 Points That Must Be Clear
August 17, 2017 | Revolution Newspaper | revcom.us
1. To stand up against Nazis, KKKers, and fascists is righteous and just.*Those who refuse to knuckle under to armed lynch mobs and forcibly or otherwise defend themselves and the masses against these fascists are heroes and must be unapologetically upheld.

drbrumley

2. This is a country that was born in genocide, mass kidnapping and slavery, and that literally invented racism.* Washington, Jefferson, and most of the rest of the “founders” not only individually owned slaves, with every bit of ugliness that entailed including rape and the destruction of families, but continually fought to defend and expand slavery.* As Bob Avakian has said, starting off his book BAsics, 1:1: “There would be no United States as we now know it today without slavery. That is a simple and basic truth.”

drbrumley

There is at the same time a special ugliness to the Confederate statues, all of which were erected to legitimize the oppression and humiliation of legal segregation and the outright terror of lynch mob rule.* These statues were built to, and still do, strike a chill in the bones and souls of those who suffered under this rule, or who hated it for simple human reasons; these monuments must all come down NOW, beginning with the many monuments in the official buildings of Washington D.C., and nobody must be tried or in any way punished for the public service of removing these monstrosities from public life.* Those who now defend these monuments to the terrorization of an entire people must be driven from public life—beginning with Trump, Pence and the whole rest of this fascist regime.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
2. This is a country that was born in genocide, mass kidnapping and slavery, and that literally invented racism.* Washington, Jefferson, and most of the rest of the “founders” not only individually owned slaves, with every bit of ugliness that entailed including rape and the destruction of families, but continually fought to defend and expand slavery.* As Bob Avakian has said, starting off his book BAsics, 1:1: “There would be no United States as we now know it today without slavery. That is a simple and basic truth.”

Nope.....