ECT Acts 13-The bible is a book of details

john w

Hall of Fame
Just obey Jesus.

That's the scammer's whimper.

Con artist. Scammer. Go on record, again, and assert that you, per your on record, TOL asertions, that you:

-always obey "Jesus"

-follow all of "Jesus" teachings,exactly as he says

-obey everything that "Jesus" says

Go ahead.

God's Truth

That's the scammer's whimper.

Con artist. Scammer. Go on record, again, and assert that you, per your on record, TOL asertions, that you:

-always obey "Jesus"

-follow all of "Jesus" teachings,exactly as he says

-obey everything that "Jesus" says

Go ahead.

We are to work our our salvation. If we fear God, then it will help you to get rid of some sins that you might still be doing.

If you do sin, then you can find mercy and forgiveness.

Having salvation now does not mean we are to give up and accept our sin or sins. It means we keep working out our salvation with trembling and fear.

john w

Hall of Fame
We are to work our our salvation. If we fear God, then it will help you to get rid of some sins that you might still be doing.

If you do sin, then you can find mercy and forgiveness.

Having salvation now does not mean we are to give up and accept our sin or sins. It means we keep working out our salvation with trembling and fear.

Translated, in response to her "argument," challenging her to go on record, again, and assert that she, per her on record, TOL assertions, that she:

-always obeys "Jesus"

-follows all of "Jesus" teachings,exactly as he says

-obeys everything that "Jesus" says

Go ahead.

Sports_Punter.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Patrick Jane, I didn't see your reply and wanted to make sure you saw the question.

i thought this thread was about Acts 13

It is. See how the devil works in his subtil ways to misdirect? With Paul came new details not previously revealed. You have to ask yourself PJ, what you believe. Do you believe God, or do you believe what people say about God?

Things are in the Bible because God wants them in it. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

Interplanner

There are also segments in the NT that are self-organizing of the whole Bible. Gal 3 has to be because it is the only place where the Scriptures are personified and "announce things in advance" or "declare the Gospel".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After all that they came to the conclusion.....

Acts 1

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

Restoring the Kingdom to Israel is given in the prophecies which show the saints of all history ruling with Christ in His Throne, not some returning to the weakness of the OT law.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

As usual, the Christ rejector, as is her MO, just spams a verse, that is irrelevant, highlights the whole verse, and thinks she done something.

Spam, that says NADA.

The prophets had spoken of Christ repeatedly throughout the OT and the law showed the blood sacrifice required in type which Christ would fulfill. All the true men of faith knew about these things.

It is a mistake to think that God did not reveal the true meanings of these things to all who would listen.

The priests did not just repeat the words of the book but they explained their meaning to them--

Neh 8:5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
Neh 8:6 And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
Neh 8:7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
Neh 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
Neh 8:9 And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.

andyc

Some observations on Acts 13-notice-Barnabas has preeminence, then Saul:

"Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." Acts 11:30 KJV

"And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark." Acts 12:25 KJV

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." Acts 13:1-2 KJV

"Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God." Acts 13:7 KJV

Now, notice the shift: Saul becomes Paul, and Paul is scripturally named before Barnabas hereafter most of the time(2 exceptions-Acts 15:12. 15:25): Acts 13:43 KJV, Acts 13:46 KJV, Acts 13:50 KJV,Acts 14:12 KJV("...Paul... he was the chief speaker..."), Acts 14:14 KJV, Acts 15:2 KJV, Acts 15:22 KJV, Acts 15:35 KJV, Acts 15:36 KJV.

Saul becomes Paul per Acts 13:9 KJV, and his name is changed at the time of his first miracle=his Hebrew name vanishes/Saul becoming/"changing to " Paul, was one of the greatest displays, one of the greatest "miracles," by the LORD God, i.e., a pattern of our salvation! Yes, Paul, a murderer, became a "miracle" of the LORD God's grace.

And notice the parallels/differences vs. Peter's first miracle:

Peter: "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us." Acts 3:4 KJV

Paul: "Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him." Acts 13:9 KJV

Peter, "fastening his eyes" upon the lame man, a Jew, pronounced a blessing. Paul, "set his eyes" on a Jew, Barjesus("son of salvation"), and pronounced his doom! Peter's first miracle references the restoration of Israel, while Paul's first miracle references the rejection of Israel, and the reconciliation of the Gentiles, due to Israel's blindness:

"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness(diminishing of the eyes-my note); and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand." Acts 13:11 KJV

"Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord." Acts 13:12 KJV

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11:25 KJV

Thus, the "son of salvation" is blinded for a season-typical of the nation of Israel. Acts 13 marks the start of her blindness. And notice that the deputy in Acts 13:12 KJV, a Gentile, responds to the doctrine(reconciliation of Gentiles), and is shown mercy, while a Jew is blinded.

Also notice that in this same chapter, 13:28-30 KJV, Paul puts forth the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the death, burial, and resurrection:

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

The bible-the greatest book, a book of details-pay attention to the details.

As usual, per Acts 17:11 KJV, don't rely on my often faulty,albeit quite humble,explanations. "Check it out", in the greatest book that will ever be written, to see "...whether those things were so..."

Anyone remember Peter cutting off the ear of the high priest's servant?

andyc

Thanks for the 1 line contribution, Opie, swooping in, after the party's over. Slick....real slick,Ope.

Slick.....yeah.... ok. I can accept that from you.

Anyone else remember Peter cutting off the ear of the High Priest's servant?

Madists hate this.

john w

Hall of Fame
Slick.....yeah.... ok. I can accept that from you.

Anyone else remember Peter cutting off the ear of the High Priest's servant?

Madists hate this.

Opie: Yes, Peter attempts to cut off the High Priest's ear, attempting to prevent the death of the Master,the very death that would reconcile him, part of the good news of Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

...and yet Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years, and I, moron Andy, still assert that the gospel of the kingdom, that Pete preached for almost 3 years, prior to the dbr, is equivalent to the gospel cited in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Sit down, Opie. Even you know that you're a fruitcake, pentecostal clown, who wouldn't know the difference between "Hey, Jude," by the Beatles, and the book of Jude.

andyc

Opie: Yes, Peter attempts to cut off the High Priest's ear, attempting to prevent the death of the Master,the very death that would reconcile him, part of the good news of Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

...and yet Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years, and I, moron Andy, still assert that the gospel of the kingdom, that Pete preached for almost 3 years, prior to the dbr, is equivalent to the gospel cited in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Sit down, Opie. Even you know that you're a fruitcake, pentecostal clown, who wouldn't know the difference between "Hey, Jude," by the Beatles, and the book of Jude.

Ah yeah....Jesus forgave an act of attempted murder. Remember an eye for an eye?

Oh dear.

You crack me up.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some observations on Acts 13-notice-Barnabas has preeminence, then Saul:

"Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." Acts 11:30 KJV

"And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark." Acts 12:25 KJV

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." Acts 13:1-2 KJV

"Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God." Acts 13:7 KJV

Now, notice the shift: Saul becomes Paul, and Paul is scripturally named before Barnabas hereafter most of the time(2 exceptions-Acts 15:12. 15:25): Acts 13:43 KJV, Acts 13:46 KJV, Acts 13:50 KJV,Acts 14:12 KJV("...Paul... he was the chief speaker..."), Acts 14:14 KJV, Acts 15:2 KJV, Acts 15:22 KJV, Acts 15:35 KJV, Acts 15:36 KJV.

Saul becomes Paul per Acts 13:9 KJV, and his name is changed at the time of his first miracle=his Hebrew name vanishes/Saul becoming/"changing to " Paul, was one of the greatest displays, one of the greatest "miracles," by the LORD God, i.e., a pattern of our salvation! Yes, Paul, a murderer, became a "miracle" of the LORD God's grace.

And notice the parallels/differences vs. Peter's first miracle:

Peter: "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us." Acts 3:4 KJV

Paul: "Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him." Acts 13:9 KJV

Peter, "fastening his eyes" upon the lame man, a Jew, pronounced a blessing. Paul, "set his eyes" on a Jew, Barjesus("son of salvation"), and pronounced his doom! Peter's first miracle references the restoration of Israel, while Paul's first miracle references the rejection of Israel, and the reconciliation of the Gentiles, due to Israel's blindness:

"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness(diminishing of the eyes-my note); and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand." Acts 13:11 KJV

"Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord." Acts 13:12 KJV

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11:25 KJV

Thus, the "son of salvation" is blinded for a season-typical of the nation of Israel. Acts 13 marks the start of her blindness. And notice that the deputy in Acts 13:12 KJV, a Gentile, responds to the doctrine(reconciliation of Gentiles), and is shown mercy, while a Jew is blinded.

Also notice that in this same chapter, 13:28-30 KJV, Paul puts forth the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the death, burial, and resurrection:

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

The bible-the greatest book, a book of details-pay attention to the details.

As usual, per Acts 17:11 KJV, don't rely on my often faulty,albeit quite humble,explanations. "Check it out", in the greatest book that will ever be written, to see "...whether those things were so..."

great post - i recently poured over The acts again with renewed spirit. it made so much sense, and i paid close attention to the other brethren, like Barnabas. i was going to make a post about some of the secondary people and scriptures. i re-read it several times and will again, i also paid close attention to Paul's travels and hearings and trials being hunted and persecuted; needing to flee sometimes - you can break it down pretty good - dub