ECT Acts 13-The bible is a book of details

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, it does not. Does it make Jesus nervous? See Isaiah 11:3.

The BIBLE SAYS fear God. You are trying to change what that means. Just believe and obey what is written, then you will be given understanding.

You do not fear God, nobody who fears God would mangle His glorious gospel the way you do.

God's Truth

He who is forgiven much, loves much. Lk 7. This is far more powerful than threats of loss. It makes your heart change instead of your stacks of things you did for or against your balance due.

I Jn 4:18: There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The man who fears is not made perfect in love. (He has to be talking about this very problem because he talks about fear of punishment).

You are arguing against God's wisdom. How does one do that and not know they are in the wrong?

You would take delight in the fear of God if you believed and obeyed what God says.

God's Truth

You do not fear God, nobody who fears God would mangle His glorious gospel the way you do.

I delight in the fear of God.

You think I am mangling in God's gospel but it is your gospel, which really is no gospel at all.

There is no such word from God that says what you do.

There is no such word from God that ever says we do not have to obey just believe.

You have no wisdom from God about God, not even common sense wisdom from God.

Interplanner

You are arguing against God's wisdom. How does one do that and not know they are in the wrong?

You would take delight in the fear of God if you believed and obeyed what God says.

Nope, the NT is not fear based. Read the passages for yourself. Nor is it shame or guilt based.

God's Truth

Nope, the NT is not fear based. Read the passages for yourself. Nor is it shame or guilt based.

The New Testament plainly says to fear God. What kind of person tries to change God's Word?

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.
Acts 10:35
but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
Acts 13:26
“Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.
2 Corinthians 5:11
[ The Ministry of Reconciliation ] Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.
Philippians 2:12
[ Shining as Stars ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Luke 1
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
Luke 12:5
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Luke 23:40
But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence?
Acts 5:11
Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
Acts 10:2
He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.
Romans 3:18
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
1 Peter 1:17
Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
Revelation 14:7
He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”
Revelation 15:4
Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
Revelation 19:5
Then a voice came from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!”

God's Truth

There are people here who say when the Bible says fear God it does not really mean fear.

There are people here who say when the the Bibles says repent it does not mean from sins.

We have people here who think they can change what God says and that they know better than God.

john w

Hall of Fame
I work out my salvation with trembling and fear. That is what Paul says to do. Don't you obey and feel the power in those words?

As I predicted-not a peep...

Translated, in response to her "argument," challenging her to go on record, again, and assert that she, per her on record, TOL assertions, that she:

-always obeys "Jesus"

-follows all of "Jesus" teachings,exactly as he says

-obeys everything that "Jesus" says

Go ahead.

You:

And the "work out my salvation with trembling and fear" has NADA to do with spiritual salvation, you ignorant, embarrassment.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah we understand that you think God laughs a those who aren't mad. Now go and lay down.

Emotional grunts, as I methodically picked you apart. And quit imitating me candyandy-you can't pull it off.

Last edited:

Interplanner

The New Testament plainly says to fear God. What kind of person tries to change God's Word?

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.
Acts 10:35
but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
Acts 13:26
“Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.
2 Corinthians 5:11
[ The Ministry of Reconciliation ] Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.
Philippians 2:12
[ Shining as Stars ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Luke 1
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
Luke 12:5
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Luke 23:40
But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence?
Acts 5:11
Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
Acts 10:2
He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.
Romans 3:18
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
1 Peter 1:17
Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
Revelation 14:7
He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”
Revelation 15:4
Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
Revelation 19:5
Then a voice came from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!”

There is fear of a violent out of control man vs reverence for someone who sacrificed himself for us and has declared on what basis he will judge. Do not use the same word for both.

God's Truth

As I predicted-not a peep...

Translated, in response to her "argument," challenging her to go on record, again, and assert that she, per her on record, TOL assertions, that she:

-always obeys "Jesus"

Go ahead.

You:

And the "work out my salvation with trembling and fear" has NADA to do with spiritual salvation, you ignorant, embarrassment.

Obey Jesus, John W.

God's Truth

There is fear of a violent out of control man vs reverence for someone who sacrificed himself for us and has declared on what basis he will judge. Do not use the same word for both.

Your analogy is garbage. Stop trying to change God's Word.

We are to fear God.

Believe and obey and you will have great things revealed to you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I delight in the fear of God.

You think I am mangling in God's gospel but it is your gospel, which really is no gospel at all.

There is no such word from God that says what you do.

There is no such word from God that ever says we do not have to obey just believe.

You have no wisdom from God about God, not even common sense wisdom from God.

I can state without fear of being wrong that you are lying. Godly fear is apparent by the reverence we have to His word.

You have zero reverence for God's word.

john w

Hall of Fame
Obey Jesus, John W.

Her typical spam "answer."I've reduced this embarrassment to sound bytes, spam, as I've asked her this question, over and over, but Cousin It will not defend he own "argument."

Scammer.

Go on record, scammer, and assert that you:

-always obeys "Jesus"

....as you say, on record, that you do.

Go ahead.

God's Truth

I can state without fear of being wrong that you are lying.
You just proved with that statement that God's Truth does not mean anything to you.

Godly fear is apparent by the reverence we have to His word.

You have zero reverence for God's word.

You already said you do not care one bit if you are wrong.

You go against me for preaching obedience to Christ, and you do not know whom you are pleasing when you do that?

Danoh

And there is also fear of an action in relation to a loved one out of love for them.

As when God's Truth gets home from a long day in battle with us all; out of what is obviously her concern for us all, and fears waking her much loved cats :)

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You just proved with that statement that God's Truth does not mean anything to you.

You already said you do not care one bit if you are wrong.

You go against me for preaching obedience to Christ, and you do not know whom you are pleasing when you do that?

I don't believe you are obedient...anyone can say they obey Christ, why do you not belong to an assembly? why are you not submitted to elders?

I'll tell you why because you don't love other christians

Danoh

I don't believe you are obedient...anyone can say they obey Christ, why do you not belong to an assembly? why are you not submitted to elders?

I'll tell you why because you don't love other christians

Oh, come on, TL, you don't know that about her, and or whatever her true motives might or might not be as to that.