Active shooter near San Bernardino, CA

musterion

“In our struggle against terrorism, we are dealing with an enemy that has shown it is not only capable of bypassing U.S. screening, but of recruiting and radicalizing Muslim migrants after their entry to the United States,” Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., said in a letter Thursday to Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Secretary of State John Kerry and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson.

Their letter requests information not only of the two perpetrators, but also their parents’ immigration histories. It also echoes the lawmakers’ August request for the immigration records of 72 terror suspects.

The Obama Administration has not yet released these records.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/san-bernardino-shooters-fiance-visa-allowed-us/story?id=35581807

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

From your article:

The day after a horrific shooting spree by a "radicalized" Muslim man and his partner in San Bernardino, California, Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged to a group of Muslim activists that she would take aggressive action against anyone who used "anti-Muslim rhetoric" that "edges toward violence."...

...“When we talk about the First Amendment we [must] make it clear that actions predicated on violent talk are not American," said Lynch. "They are not who we are, they are not what we do, and they will be prosecuted." - lynch...

....It is painfully clear that, like her predecessor Eric Holder, Lynch is far more concerned with promoting the social justice agenda than protecting the Constitutional rights of American citizens. What exactly is speech that "edges toward violence"? What exactly are "actions predicated on violent talk"? In the end, it is whatever she decides it to mean.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

musterion

"Open or Die"?

Kinda like this.

15.0_Islamologic.jpg

rexlunae

Certainly profile all mosques and what they are preaching

How do you profile a mosque? What would that involve?

Apparently this guy stopped attending his mosque shortly after getting married. Not sure if he joined another, but can't really obtain information from an organization that he's not part of.

... and BTW yes they may not have both been born in the Middle East but there were both middle eastern, & definitely both Muslim.

Muslim, yes, but not Middle Eastern. They or their families were from Pakistan, which is not in the Middle East, and they were not Arabs.

Should we be profiling Muslims? Yep

I assume, then, that you approve of profiling Christians because of what that guy did last week.

Had the woman neighbor profiled these middle eastern neighbors this may have been averted, if the FBI, NSA, and other agencies would have been profiling all along we would probably have a good idea where most of these radical Muslims dwell in America, the ones traveling to be radicalized, and their co-conspirators, handlers, etc. It is not a race issue nor a bigotry issue it is creation of the profile for terrorists regardless of their race or country of origin. You liberals need to get a clue, your very life may depend on it.

Again, hindsight. It's possible that there were suspicious things that people might have noticed and reported to the police that might have stopped this event. But it's impossible to know. And the race of these people isn't one of them.

It is terrorism Rex but, don't let your sensibilities get in the way of protecting the people of this nation.

There's far more Christian terrorism in this country than Islamic. We probably could protect more people by profiling them.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
How do you profile a mosque? What would that involve?

Apparently this guy stopped attending his mosque shortly after getting married. Not sure if he joined another, but can't really obtain information from an organization that he's not part of.

Yea, all those middle eastern men coming & going at late hours from these terrorists house (as reported by the neighbor) probably had no idea what was going on in the garage, making bombs & such, no connection or affiliation at all. You keep on telling yourself that....as far as profiling the mosques, if you want to find the bad apples look at the entire bunch and separate them, it is called surveillance.

Muslim, yes, but not Middle Eastern. They or their families were from Pakistan, which is not in the Middle East, and they were not Arabs.

"Birds of a feather"..."you say potato"...or any other phrase you can think of to parse it. One islamic terrorist is the same as the next from where I am standing. :chuckle:

I assume, then, that you approve of profiling Christians because of what that guy did last week.

Actually I do, if there is a radical sect of Christians organized to kill people I would say yes, they are just as guilty of murder as the butchers that kill babies.

Again, hindsight. It's possible that there were suspicious things that people might have noticed and reported to the police that might have stopped this event. But it's impossible to know. And the race of these people isn't one of them.

No but, their ideologic affiliation under the guise of religion was now wasn't it.

There's far more Christian terrorism in this country than Islamic..

Ok, then prove it smart guy...you can't but, since you set out the terms prove your assertion.

We probably could protect more people by profiling them.

Yep, it works for the Israeli's, they have been doing it for years.

rexlunae

Yea, all those middle eastern men coming & going at late hours from these terrorists house (as reported by the neighbor) probably had no idea what was going on in the garage, making bombs & such, no connection or affiliation at all. You keep on telling yourself that....as far as profiling the mosques, if you want to find the bad apples look at the entire bunch and separate them, it is called surveillance.

Why limit it to mosques? Just surveil everyone.

"Birds of a feather"..."you say potato"...or any other phrase you can think of to parse it. One islamic terrorist is the same as the next from where I am standing. :chuckle:

You're the one who wants to profile these people. But you can't even clearly define who you want to profile.

Actually I do, if there is a radical sect of Christians organized to kill people I would say yes, they are just as guilty of murder as the butchers that kill babies.

There are a few violent sects. But more often, you have radicalized individuals living within mainstream churches. So, do you watch the whole church?

No but, their ideologic affiliation under the guise of religion was now wasn't it.

If you can figure out what it is, perhaps. No one that I'm aware of had any information about this, other than that he was Muslim, which, as noted, isn't suspicious in itself.

Ok, then prove it smart guy...you can't but, since you set out the terms prove your assertion.

https://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/chal...ines-understanding-americas-violent-far-right

Yep, it works for the Israeli's, they have been doing it for years.

Because they haven't been hit by terrorism?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A radical Christian(as described in the red letters) would;

But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

A radical mulism will not hold back from the command to;

So, when you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle, smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by God to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam .

Quite the change from shaking the dust from the feet during evangelism.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
A radical Christian(as described in the red letters) would;

But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

A radical mulism will not hold back from the command to;

So, when you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle, smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by God to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam .

Quite the change from shaking the dust from the feet during evangelism.

Well contrasted Nick, great post! :thumb:

CherubRam

It is estimated that 2.6 million Muslims live in the US as of 2010. Even higher estimates find that there are between five and eight million Muslims in the entire country. If only one percent of Muslims are radical, then there are about thirty thousand plus radical Muslims in America. One percent of one million is ten thousand.

Interplanner

So, you think it would be better if we what? Profiled all Muslims (if you can identify them)? All "Middle Easterners" (the attackers weren't Middle-Eastern, btw)?

You tell me. What type? What type of profiling do you think you could have done that would have averted this?

What's the difference? He attacked innocent bystanders, for seemingly political reasons. How is it not terrorism?

The qualification for being a citizen of the US must be a clear understanding and agreement that theocracy is not allowed. I'm not trying to be redundant about the 1st amendment, but I don't know if it is being said this way, which is directed at caliphates.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The qualification for being a citizen of the US must be a clear understanding and agreement that theocracy is not allowed. I'm not trying to be redundant about the 1st amendment, but I don't know if it is being said this way, which is directed at caliphates.

Idiocracy -