ECT Abraham's Covenant as a Gentile

Danoh

Well, there's Covenant theology- and then there's the heretics who call it 'replacement' whatever- they don't have orthodoxy.

Will you EVER post Scripture as an evidence of your views; that such might then be addressed through said passages?

Pardon the obvious; but I detect your incompetence and therefore your fraud; in your every post.

Your posts are ever your own two cents.

Good way to keep them from being exposed for the conjured up notions of men - both your own and those read about by you within the endless notions of men in their same practice of conjuring up some supposed "understanding."

Danoh

Still waiting for you to produce the OT prophesy that Gentile nations would flock to the Lord while Israel is in a fallen state rather than an exalted state.

You have a long, long, long, long...wait.

His not only having asked the wrong question decades ago, to begin with, but his having waxed worse and worse "by reason of use" of said same wrong question all these decade, has long since rendered him so completely ensnared in his mess by his own hand; that said hand now automatically arises out of him to blind him now, from being reasoned with through the Scripture, concerning the ways of the Lord.

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Will you EVER post Scripture as an evidence of your views; that such might then be addressed through said passages?

Pardon the obvious; but I detect your incompetence and therefore your fraud; in your every post.

Your posts are ever your own two cents.

Good way to keep them from being exposed for the conjured up notions of men - both your own and those read about by you within the endless notions of men in their same practice of conjuring up some supposed "understanding."

It's two fundamentally different interpretations of Scripture altogether.

I can't post ~a verse~ to make you see the Reformed belief in them.
:plain:

When you want to talk theology, though,
let me know :)

Danoh

It's two fundamentally different interpretations of Scripture altogether.

I can't post ~a verse~ to make you see the Reformed belief in them.
:plain:

When you want to talk theology, though,
let me know :)

One more cop out on your part; you will one day be faced with having to answer for.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
One more cop out on your part; you will one day be faced with having to answer for.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Way to defend your anti-Calvinism with a great Calvinist passage :thumb:

You're the cop out

SaulToPaul 2

It is quite clear what the mystery is in Eph 3:5-6. The co-inheritance is through the Gospel, through believing it. It is not separate inheritances, and it is not a matter of squishing every believer into the small square miles of Israel, 'through the law.'! Christ is the inheritance.

Is it possible that Paul talks about more than one mystery?
Of course it is.

way 2 go

Still waiting for you to produce the OT prophesy that Gentile nations would flock to the Lord while Israel is in a fallen state rather than an exalted state.

I have not seen that verse but I have seen the opposite.

Zec 8:23 Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’”

Interplanner

Zec 8:23 Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’”

The point of the one Tam referenced was not attraction directly to Israel, so it doesn't matter whether Israel is raised or fallen. It was to the Gospel and Christ. 2P2P has no idea how pervasive the mission of the Gospel is in the NT, so it never thinks in terms of it.

Danoh

Is it possible that Paul talks about more than one mystery?
Of course it is.

Nope.

One Prophetic aspect of God's plan and purpose - concerning Israel - various parts of it.

One Mystery aspect of God's plan and purpose - concerning the Body - various parts of it.

One, TWO- Fold Plan and Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yeah, plenty of verses about Gentile nations flocking to the Lord during the exaltation and restoration of Israel.
So that would be of no surprise, since it was prophesied.

Interplanner

No one has suggested otherwise.

Unless you base your beliefs on scripture, then yes it matters.

No, it doesn't, because that Bible says everything is now happening or not through the message of Christ. Nothing like this is going to happen 'through' Israel. there is no spiritual signficance to any nation as such anymore. Only the message of Christ and the % of people in a nation who are in Christ.

Your system is one era off, one dispensation off, you are in the child-trainer dispensation of Gal 4 which was called the 'weak and miserable principles of the world.'

Interplanner

So the 'exaltation' of Israel is in Christ and is now. That's what early Luke songs are about. They are also in Christ. they are not about Israel outside of Christ. It is you Israel-olaters that muck this up.

SaulToPaul 2

No, it doesn't, because that Bible says everything is now happening or not through the message of Christ. Nothing like this is going to happen 'through' Israel. there is no spiritual signficance to any nation as such anymore. Only the message of Christ and the % of people in a nation who are in Christ.

Your system is one era off, one dispensation off, you are in the child-trainer dispensation of Gal 4 which was called the 'weak and miserable principles of the world.'

You cannot see the big picture, because the Bible is all about YOU, you think.
God's plan is marvelous if you'd step back, see where you fit, and where you do not.

Danoh

You cannot see the big picture, because the Bible is all about YOU, you think.
God's plan is marvelous if you'd step back, see where you fit, and where you do not.

Problem is...every time he steps back, he stumbles over his books...at which point he concludes..."so this book ABOUT here, is what god wanted me to see - WOW! uh! uh! Holfordian moment!"

Off in the corner to his right...Rod Serling :chuckle:

way 2 go

The point of the one Tam referenced was not attraction directly to Israel, so it doesn't matter whether Israel is raised or fallen. It was to the Gospel and Christ. 2P2P has no idea how pervasive the mission of the Gospel is in the NT, so it never thinks in terms of it.

well your a preterist which is why you hate Mid Acts Dispensation
because they can't both be true .

Interplanner

well your a preterist which is why you hate Mid Acts Dispensation
because they can't both be true .

Actually I despise it because it is not there in Acts. The news of a change of dispensation dates back to the exile, or warnings of the exile. The new dispensation was the comfort for Israel expressed in Is 40.

The label preterist usually means the bizarre belief that the 2nd coming of Christ was in the event of the 1st century destruction of Jerusalem. I do not.