About bible

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The earth is old and the universe is older.

The evidence for the antiquity of the Earth and Solar System is consistent with evidence for an even greater age for the Universe and Milky Way Galaxy. a) The age of the Universe can be estimated from the velocity and distance of galaxies as the universe expands. The estimates range from 7 to 20 billion years, depending on whether the expansion is constant or is slowing due to gravitational attraction. b) The age of the Galaxy is estimated to be 14-18 billion years from the rate of evolution of stars in globular clusters, which are thought to be the oldest stars in the Galaxy. The age of the elements in the Galaxy, based on the production ratios of osmium isotopes in supernovae and the change in that ratio over time due to radioactive decay, is 8.6-15.7 billion years. Theoretical considerations indicate that the Galaxy formed within a billion years of the beginning of the Universe. c) Combining the data from a) and b), the "best, i.e., most consistent, age of the universe is estimated to be around 14 billion years.

https://geomaps.wr.usgs.gov/parks/gtime/ageofearth.html

The old earth was remodeled for humans about 6000 years ago and will last for another 2000 years before being replaced.

jsanford108

Hi
I'm a Muslim and perhaps u know that the holy Koran is considered among Muslims as infallible and a miracle.
My question is do u believe such things about bible too?

I saw some debates between atheists that bible says earth is flat or earth is created 6000 years ago

It's as clear as day that these statements contradict science . So do u believe that the whole bible is infallible and from God or some parts of it is man made?

If second is your what u think how can u be sure that other verses are from God?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk

Straight answer: the Bible is infallible and from God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I need to share some more scripture.

Deuteronomy 6:5
Romans 10:8-10
Romans 12:1-2

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ rose from the dead.
Because Jesus Christ rose from the dead, we can be sure that His Church teaches the truth. That He is risen, validates and confirms everything else about the Christian faith, but the essence of Christianity is that He rose from the dead.
And that He died for our sins and was buried for 3 days, according to the scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And that He died for our sins and was buried for 3 days, according to the scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -
Yes but don't get distracted. He rose from the dead, He is risen. What does that mean? That's the starting point to Christian theology, the Resurrection. It is "the crowning truth" and "the central truth" of the Christian faith, and it is their witness to and testimony of the Resurrection that made the Church's first martyrs ("witnesses").

What does it mean? Superb question, and a question that is answered in 1st Corinthians 15:3 (KJV) and all throughout the New Testament, certainly, but don't get distracted. If He did not rise, then all Christianity is a sham; so says Paul right in that same chapter of 1st Corinthians.

:)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Wait a minute. Sunday is not the third day from Friday.

If Jesus was buried on Friday then Saturday would be one day and Sunday would two days.

If the Catholics are right then Paul was obviously mistaken.

Poor Paul. :rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Wait a minute. Sunday is not the third day from Friday.

If Jesus was buried on Friday then Saturday would be one day and Sunday would two days.

If the Catholics are right then Paul was obviously mistaken.

Poor Paul. :rotfl:
You are delusional

Hassan.gh

I would like to point out that there is only one person who is truly a God; and that is Yahwah our Holy Father. The term (elohiym / gods) is used to mean that the person-s, have, or will have, life immortal. The term "gods" does not mean the people have any special powers.

All who will inherit life immortal are gods. Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Genesis 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of men, and who bore children to them. They were the powerful men of old, men of renown.
[Nephilim translated means "Fallen ones." They were [men] who were of a very low moral grade.]

Job 1:6
One day the sons of God [men] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Job 2:1
One day the sons of God came again to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Hos. 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.

Luke 20:36
For they cannot die anymore, because they are like [angels/messengers] and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:26
for you are all sons of God through faith in Messiah Yashua.

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are (gods / elohiym;) you are all sons of the Most High.

John 10:33-34
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are (gods / elohiym) 35If he called them ('gods / elohiym,) to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

John 10:24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”
Actually I wanted her to bring some evidences to prove her claims whatever they are , not just saying some empty claims that can't convince an unbeliever

Hassan.gh

The Bible is full of deeper meanings and wisdom, you are looking at the natural and not the spiritual. The Bible is the truth, and Jesus Christ bore witness to the truth and brought us a new and living way, a way in which we worship the father in Spirit and in truth.

We don't need to read other books, we have everything we need in the Bible, and we have the way lived out through Jesus Christ. And we are saved through him and no one else. No-one gets to the father except through Christ Jesus, he is the way, the truth and the life.

Have you ever read the gospels?
It's interesting to let u know that Muslims believe the same that we don't need to read other books!!!

I have read one page or two pages of bible
And I had heard from atheists that Christians say bible is infallible and perfect because jesus told it it and jesus is infallible because bible says he is
Now I understand what they say

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's interesting to let u know that Muslims believe the same that we don't need to read other books!!!

I have read one page or two pages of bible
And I had heard from atheists that Christians say bible is infallible and perfect because jesus told it it and jesus is infallible because bible says he is
Now I understand what they say

You understand nothing, you are destined for hell

Hassan.gh

Why would I read from a false prophet? His fundamental followers have told us. It is as false as Latter Day Saints and the Roman Catholics. It is man made doctrine. The difference is, your beleifs are violent.

And I see you ignored the answer to your fake question about the earth being flat. You knew it didn't say it. Why don't you tell us why you are really here?
I think here doesn't belong to Christians alone if it is for u let me know I will leave

Besides the true supporter of terrorism is the USA and 9/ 11 was an inside job to defame Islam and put Muslims under pressure because they fear from expansion of the truth

Hassan.gh

Translations cannot ever be accurate?

Why not?
I mean if someone wanna get the truth he has to see all translations simply because even translators of holy Koran are different and sometimes can be confusing