Abortion is evil

Mary Contrary 999

So you've highlighted a case of a predatory child molester. What's a 'nowhere family' exactly? What has this guy's background got to do with anything? You're sounding like a snob who reduces the appalling crime of molestation to social status and you're doing yourself no favours whatsoever with that line of 'argument.
The point is the woman should have the right to decide to keep or not a pregnancy borne of rape on whatever criteria is in her heart.

Mary Contrary 999

So what, the child was bound to take after his dad or something? Do you realize what kind of insidious argument that you're actually making here?
No ... I am not saying offspring deserve to die based on their parents genetic legacy. Nothing is a forgone conclusion. Heck, my father was violent.

I am saying that a woman gets to choose the result when she has a pregnancy violently pushed upon her. And one of the reasons is basic. A woman can chose her mate and the genetic array of her child. And, a rapist has no right to alter that.

Last edited:

Mary Contrary 999

Of course he doesn't. But two wrongs don't make a right either.
I used to think that way but then I realized the second wrong can correct the first to a large degree and I learned some about biology so come to find out the second wrong is not as wrong as I originally thought.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I used to think that way but then I realized the second wrong can correct the first to a large degree and I learned some about biology so come to find out the second wrong is not as wrong as I originally thought.
That's because your intellect is deformed, distorted, disordered. It's not natural. It's closer to the rapist's intellect than to God's.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Even in the Old Testament He said of Sodom, "I will not destroy it for ten's sake." He was nothing if not reasonable. There's more than ten people just on TOL who aren't constantly flipping the LORD God the bird, so long as this is true, I do think He will stay His judgment, that's just based on Old Testament conditions. We're in the New Testament /Covenant times now. And we have tons more than just ten who aren't endlessly flipping Him off. He's extremely reasonable in His mercy, and that was in the Old Testament.

2ndPeter 3:3-9 NASB
3 Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue just as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed by being flooded with water. 7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly people.

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.

Last edited:

Mary Contrary 999

That's because your intellect is deformed, distorted, disordered. It's not natural. It's closer to the rapist's intellect than to God's.
I am not sure which kind of your posts I liked better. The long pretentious batches of nothingness or you baseless ad hominems. I suppose the latter. Easiest to scroll over

Arthur Brain

No ... I am not saying offspring deserve to die based on their parents genetic legacy. Nothing is a forgone conclusion. Heck, my father was violent.

I am saying that a woman gets to choose the result when she has a pregnancy violently pushed upon her. And one of the reasons is basic. A woman can chose her mate and the genetic array of her child. And, a rapist has no right to alter that.
I agree that a woman should have absolute say in that. What I object to is the insinuations you've made about such offspring likely to emulate the traits of the rapist else what was all that 'juvenile hall' stuff in aid of?

Arthur Brain

At least I am willing to try to articulate them. You are afraid to describe your reasoning. Or to take any definitive stand.
How the heck have I been "afraid" to describe my reasoning? Or take any definitive stand? I've described your position as regards the progeny of rapists and insinuations made as flat out bonkers along with your snobbery regarding societal background etc, how does it get more definitive than that? I've also stated that I'm not hardline on the abortion issue where I consider it murder if a rape victim terminates a possible pregnancy or couples avail themselves of plan b drugs if a condom breaks etc. If you're gonna level accusations then get your facts straight first.