A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Hope of Israel !

The Hope of Israel !

Folks contrary to what false teachers teach regarding the Hope Of Israel Acts 28:20, it was never an earthly hope at all, but a spiritual and heavenly one, for this we know from Heb 11:9-16

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

This passage of scripture gives us to understand that Abraham with Sarah, Isaac and Jacob, all heirs of the same promise, the Hope of Israel, that they were strongly persuaded with God given Faith on the promise of God, which Promise was not of this earth, because by embracing the Promise, they acknowledged themselves to be strangers and pilgrims to the Earth Heb 11:13, with expectations of a better country, yes even much better than the earthly land of Canaan they were then living in tents in, which served to only typify the land of promise expectation Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

But the Land they desired set forth in God's promise was Heavenly and Spiritual Heb 11:16. The Land of Canaan that was promised Abraham and His Seed Gen 17:5-8 was Heaven, and it is the same exact Heavenly Inheritance that is realized by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, which all the seed is begotten unto a Lively Hope, and Inheritance that is reserved in Heaven 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,[ This is the Canaan of Gen 17:8]

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Folks the Hope of Israel was not to Abraham and His Physical Seed, but to Him and His Spiritual Seed, through the Resurrection of Christ from the dead !

beloved57

Zion is the Church !

Zion is the Church !

Zion and the Church are the same when we consider Ps 132:13-14

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Now Eph 2:22

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Both are Chosen by God Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This is the Chosen habitation of Ps 132:13-14

For God does not have Two Chosen Habitations, but only One !

beloved57

The Gentiles, God's Chosen He formed for Himself !

The Gentiles, God's Chosen He formed for Himself !

Isa 43:20-21

20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

Notice, that they, these Gentiles, that God formed for Himself, they shall shew forth God's Praise, as stated in 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Notice also God calls these Gentiles, whom the jews considered beasts, He called them His Chosen, and His People vs 20 !

This also should give us to understand that when it is said that Jesus shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, that included Gentiles also !

beloved57

Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Paul here under inspiration makes it crystal clear that the ethnic nation of Israel in it's entirety was not the Chosen, or Elect people of God, but only a Remnant according to the Election of Grace. The rest of that nation as a whole was blinded, and therefore as a whole were not the Chosen People of God. So it is super folly to suppose a None Elect people have a hope with God, for ethnicity does not merit God's Favor, for if it did, why were the majority of ethnic jews of Israel blinded in the first place , save the election of grace.

Also, those who did not belong to the election of grace in Rom 11:7, do not become a part of the election of grace later , so they and all other ethnic jews outside of the election of grace, not race, are without hope of Salvation !

beloved57

More on the Hope of Israel !

More on the Hope of Israel !

We have previously showed already that the Hope of Israel, that which Paul had as an ethnic jew and the Twelve Tribes that instantly serve God Acts 26:7

Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

Was not the same Hope of the Apostate nation of jews, those who accused Paul. The Hope Paul had and any Spiritual Jew has, as did Abraham, Sarah, Isaac and Jacob, was a Spiritual Hope, a Heavenly Hope, one of which constituted them to see themselves as strangers and pilgrims on this earth, even in the physical land of Palestine !! Heb 11:13

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

The confessed this, the word confess here is the greek word homologeō
and means:

to say the same thing as another, i.e. to agree with, assent

to profess

a) to declare openly, speak out freely

b) to profess one's self the worshipper of one

They declared openly their Faith in a Heavenly Home.

Also this is the same designation Peter had for believers in here 1 Pet 2:11

Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Remember Peter is writing to those that had experienced this 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This is the same Hope that Abraham had . Also the same Hope the gentile believers had in Colosse Col 1:5

For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

Another jewish Apostle had this hope, but more specifically calls it " the promise of a New Heaven and New Earth 2 Pet 3:13

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Yes, that same promise God gave Abraham and His Seed after Him, the Everlasting Canaan Gen 17:5-8, and also what Paul refers to here Rom 4:13-17, notice verse 17, how it refers back to God's Promise to Abraham Gen 17:5

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

For God hath just declared him to be the Father of many nations [Spiritually] meaning his Children of Faith among the world ! Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

They are the ones God meant in Gen 17:5 that Abraham had been by God made a Father of ! And therefore they have the same Hope and promise of Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

This is the Hope of Israel !

beloved57

The Circumcision !

The Circumcision !

Phil 3:1-3

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Remember Jesus words here ? Jn 4:24

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The only way to Worship God, and prove to be of the Circumcision, is to Worship God in the Spirit and rejoice in Christ Jesus !

Thats the True Circumcision. The True Jew is not an ethnic jew, for they are castaways and not the children of God, but the True Jews are described by God's word here Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

A True Jew before God are the Ones who have a New Birth. One who has been blessed inwardly by the Spirit.

Ps 51:6

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Cp Job 38:36

Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

These are Jews, and Rejoice in Jesus Christ, the True Circumcision, that which is of the Heart !

Gurucam

Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

This was not peter here, but paul, the apostle unto the gentiles, who makes this very important statement, and sheds much light upon for whom Jesus Christ came to save as according to promise..

Another important scripture that lends to the truth of this is Lk 1:68-69

68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, [see Matt 1: 21]

69And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70As he spake [or promised] by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

This promise of redemption of His people, as the Lord God of Israel, hath been revealed and promised since the world began..

This takes us back to the first proclamation of the promised salvation or redemption to Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel

This seed of the women would be Israel [Christ and His People]..and the which, salvations first promise is to and for this seed Israel, the seed of the women..

This is some what typed out or signified in Rev 12:1-2

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. [the birth of Jesus Christ]

This women had also a seed as we see later in Rev 12:17

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

[ so Christ and his Members are the seed of the women Gal 3:16,29]

So salvation and redemption from the conception of the world, had only a particular seed in view, which later became known as Israel..

But now, its important to understand, that the Israel paul is referring to in acts 13:23..is not Israel according to the flesh..but Israel according to Promise..

Lets show here how paul discerned another Israel other than national Israel Rom 9:6

Not as though the word [or promise] of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel [Acts 13:23],] which are of Israel [nationally]:

You see, the promises of redemption and salvation as stated in Lk 1:68-70, to the people of God, the God of Israel, the promise were not to national israel..but a spiritual remnant within that nation, and as we will find out, a spiritual remnant among the nations of the world, which constituted Israel,[Rom 11] the one paul preached in Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Now paul had the Israel of God [Rom 9:6] in view when he made this statement in the above..

Now get this next point, for its tricky, but nevertheless its extremely important because of the symmetry and analogy of scripture.

The difference between what paul preached here in acts 13 :23 and what peter taught here in Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The difference is this..for peter was correct in that Jesus was exalted to the right hand of God to give repentance to a certain chosen people Israel..but what peter did not know but what paul did know..is this:

That Israel was no longer viewed as a mere physical ethnic nation, but that Israel was comprised of Gentiles as well, who became Israel..

Notice..Eph 2:12,19

12That at that time ye [gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

They [Gentiles] are now no more strangers and aliens, but fellowcitizens [of Israel Gods chosen people] and so now they also have the same right to be called Israel,

in fact, even more of a right than the non elect jews of that nation..because the Israel of God was never non elect jews, but Elect Jews like Jacob over Esau or Isaac over ishmael..Children of promise..

So salvation and redemption has always been limited unto Israel as a people, but the mystery that was not clearly unveiled since the world began [Gen 3:15]

Eph 3:3-6

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: [Lk 1: 68-70]

In that Israel was made up of Gentiles also.. Yes thats the unveiling in more detail by Paul of this mystery..[Israel of God was never a physical nation but a Spiritual people or Nation Rom 2,1Pet 2 ]

but nevertheless, true to promise, salvation and redemption is and has always been limited to a chosen people [Israel]..not limited to a certain geographical location as national Israel in the middle east or a certain ethical people [respect of persons], but the scope of this Israel of God is world wide..but nevertheless its only to the world of Gods Israel, all others, are blinded..

You know how paul says in Rom 9: 6

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

So likewise, they are not all the world [for whom Christ died] which are of the world [the inhabited earth]

Just like there was an Israel within Israel that God had a respect and favor for, likewise there is a world within the world that God has a special regard for, and that world is the Israel of God, the Spiritual seed of Abraham..

A savior onto Israel is the Spirit as promised by God, to Abraham.

Jesus came in a physical human body to die (by blood sacrifice) for the past sins of Israel according to Moses' ideas. That was phase one. Then Jesus came again to deliver them from future sin. After Jesus' rise to heaven, God sent Jesus back, in His Spirit, to Israel, to save them from future sin. God sent the Spirit of Jesus into the hearts of those under the law, so that they might become adopted children of God. This is fulfillment of God's promise (of the Spirit) to Abraham and his seed. This was the completion of the giving of the path to salvation and deliverance.

The New approach which is through the Spirit, is righteousness of God without the Ten Commandments, without the love commandments, without canons and without the written scriptures.

Now (i.e. since 2000 odd years ago) the Lord is that Spirit and where the Spirit is there liberty.

Those who embrace the Spirit of Jesus and are led into all their works by the Spirit, get no sin even when they transgress the Ten Commandments, the love commandments, the canons and the written scriptures. This is the New Testament, which is the savior onto Israel. Anything else, any other idea, is foolishness with God.

However the very great majority of them blank this offering from God. They ignored and blanked the Spirit as discerned within their own heart. They blanked the God given liberty which are given to them through the Spirit. Because of this many are called and few chosen.​

Last edited:

beloved57

Salvation is of the Jews !

Salvation is of the Jews !

Jn 4:22

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

That Salvation is of the jews here, Jesus is not speaking of the ethnic jews at all, for most of them were ignorant of God and idolaters to the traditions of men, but He was speaking of those who were jews inwardly, like those Paul refers to here Phil 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

And these Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The ethnic jews sought the praises of men more than of God Jn 12:43

For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Matt 6:2

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Jn 5:44

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

So Salvation is not from a depraved nation of men whom God blinds Rom 11:7

What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

When Jesus said in Jn 4:22,we know what we worship, He is speaking about born again jews, or anyone who was born again as that matters, but perhaps, for the most part, most true born again people at that time were ethnic jews, but the main point is that they were spiritual Jews with circumcised hearts !

beloved57

The True Jews or Circumcision, Rejoice in Jesus Christ as Per Paul Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

This shall characterize all the True Seed of Abraham that God promised Him, for they will do as their Father did and as Paul pointed out Jn 8:56

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Yes, Abraham way back then, shared this in common with Paul and all True Jews, they rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, as these did whom John the Baptist spake to Matt 3:9

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Most ethnic jews, unregenerate, as then, have confidence in the flesh, because of their ethnicity and being Abraham's seed according to the flesh, they think they belong to God based upon that, how foolish !

beloved57

If the Church, comprised of mostly gentiles is not God's New Covenant People of Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The explain why Paul the Apostle, and other Apostles were enabled Ministers of the New Testament or Covenant, With Paul Ministry being primarily to the Gentiles. 2 Cor 3:3-6

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament or covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Eph 3:1

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

1 Tim 2:7

Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

The fact is, the elect jews and gentiles combined are New Covenant Israel Jer 31:31 according to Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

beloved57

Who is the First Natural Head of Israel ?

Who is the First Natural Head of Israel ?

Abraham was not the first head of Israel, God's Elect People ! No it was Adam !

Lk 3:23-38

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,

25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,

26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,

27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,

28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,

29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,

30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,

31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,

33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,

34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,

35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,

36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,

37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

This should help one to see and understand that Adam stood for the Elect of God, and we see that according to the Flesh Christ is Adam's Seed, of which it was preached in the beginning that Christ would be of the woman's seed which was Eve at the Time who was under Adam's Headship Gen 3:15, so quite naturally her seed [ Gen 4:25] was Adam's Seed !

beloved57

A Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

Is just another way of saying that Jesus is the Saviour of His Body the Church Eph 5:23-25

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

or He gave Himself for Israel !

Now that the OT Prophecies of Salvation coming to God's Chosen People, their redemption, this has been fulfilled at the coming of Jesus Christ and the confirmation of the New Covenant by His Blood; That's why its written in Lk 1:68-70

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Notice vs 68 He has visited and redeemed His People, this is also confirmed by God in Gal 4:4-5

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Yes, the redemption that the prophets looked for Lk 1:70

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Was the redemption in Christ Jesus for the Church Rom 3:24-25

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Also Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

according to the riches of His Grace, this is the grace they [the prophets foresaw 1 Pet 1:10

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

But the apostate jews and even some of the elect among them were looking for a political and national redemption, instead of a Spiritual One that lied in the Blood of Christ. However Spiritual Jews like John the Baptist's Father Zacharias did understand it [redemption] was Spiritual Lk 1:74-77

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

So he knew of the remission or forgiveness of sins associated with this redemption he just spoke of in vs 68, and so he knew and spoke of this Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Which is clearly for the Church Chosen in Christ from the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 Cp with Lk 1:70

This Redemption by the Blood of Christ, even the forgiveness of sins, so we see that he had been given a spiritual knowledge of the People Israel the Church !

OMEGA

They walk among us ?????????!!!!!!!:noway::noway:

What are you doing B57 ?

Are you writing a Book here or giving a Sermon???

beloved57

The Fellowship of the Mystery !

The Fellowship of the Mystery !

Eph 3:9

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

What is this Fellowship of the Mystery ? It is the fact that under the New Covenant administration 2 Cor 3:6-9

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

This ministration established by the Blood of Christ, that both ethnic jews of faith and gentiles of faith, constitute the commonwelth of Israel, the Household of Faith Eph 2:12,19

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

BTW even under the OC the ethnic jews who were not of Faith, even they were as gentiles, strangers from the covenants of promise, neither were they of the saints of the household of Faith, only a very small remnant was !

So now under the New Covenant economy of the Spirit, this fact is more clearly set forth, and that both saved jews and saved gentiles, people of faith constitute Israel, the People of God, The Israel of God, ,that Israel that shall be saved in the Lord Jesus Christ ! Isa 45:17,22

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

God is speaking about the same people being saved here in vs 22 as He was in vs 17 !

Thats the Mystery !

beloved57

Romans 11:7

Romans 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election[Israel] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

There is no plainer scripture in the NT that reveals that ethnic Israel as a ethnic nation was not God's Chosen People [Deut 7:6-7], remember Matt 22:14

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Paul had already in the epistle of Romans indicated that there were Two Israel's Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

And these are the same Two pointed out in Rom 11:7, for there was a purely ethnic Israel according to the flesh, but also an Israel that pertaineth to the Election or the Chosen Rom 11:7, which is an Election Israel in Christ. Now here in Rom 11:7, the Election of Grace Israel obtained something that the national Israel did not, but did seek after ! Now what was that ? It was redemption Lk 1:68

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

The discrepancy however is this, that almost all the Nation of Israel expected redemption in a earthly nationalistic sense, whereby the jewish people would be delivered from their physical enemies and given earthly dominance and glory as in the days of King Solomon ;[See Lk 24:21] but that was not the promised redemption hoped for nor promised to the Fathers and Abraham Lk 1:72-73

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

No, the redemption was spiritual and had to do with Redemption from sin, and the forgiveness of sins, through the coming seed, the Person and Work of Jesus Christ, Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16. So the nation as a whole, saving the very small remnant of grace, which was also Israel Rom 9:6, failed to obtain that they sought after, But the Election Israel obtained it, evidenced by their Reception of Christ Jn 1:12. So in the Real sense and according to the Faith, Israel Elect did receive the Abrahamic Promises Lk 1:72-73

And also according to the Faith, Israel national did not receive the Promises but was blinded ! So what has been established here is that there were Two Israel's, as it is today, so in Paul's Day, National Israel and Elect Israel or the Election or Paul's statement is absolutely meaningless ! Both Israel's in Rom 9:6 and Rom 11:7 cannot be God's Chosen People, there is only One Election !

beloved57

God has Chosen Zion ! Who is that ?

Ps 132:13-14

Now who is this Zion that God has Chosen ? Its not the ethnic jews, but it is all those He hath Chosen in Christ Jesus Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Its composed of both Jews and Gentiles ! And by them being made Lively Stones by New Birth, by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

To these it is also said 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

From these He erects His Temple, His dwelling place, His resting place forever, and that it is comprised of Gentiles lets Look at Eph 2:21-22

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

For these are the Dwelling that is spoken of back in Ps 132:13-14

This desire of God is fulfilled in and Through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Body the Church !

beloved57

Not Natural Israel !

Not Natural Israel !

That Natural Israel, Israelites born according to the flesh only, which were cast away, that they were not God's True People is confirmed in Paul's pungent question Rom 11:1,2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

And of course the answer is the following " God forbid" ! For God has not cast away His People He foreknew

Vs 2 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Remember some ethnic jews as well as gentiles shall be yet here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you or foreknew: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So this means, those who were cast away Rom 11:15

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Those could not have been God's People which He foreknew Rom 11:2, because it is stated there plainly, God has not cast them away !

Now those He did not cast away, obviously the foreknown, they did obtain and were in possession of the Messianic Promises, which is quite clear from Rom 11:7

What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This remnant, the Election obtained what the cast away nation as a whole had vainly sought after, according to their corrupt natural desires; Yet even with this Divine Illumination, many deceived people, both jew and gentile believe natural, ethnic israel are still God's People ! Can we say " They do believe a Lie" 2 Thess 2:11

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Last edited:

beloved57

The false teaching of a coming day of salvation for ethnic jews or national ethnic israel is contradicted soundly by Paul's teaching here in Rom 2:1-16, for it is pointed out that all men alike, jew and gentile, have heard the Gospel, and it has been God's Purpose for them to hear it, as stated in Rom 1:16, to the jew first and also to the greek; and so it will be at the end of this age, at the second coming of Christ, all men says Paul, jew and gentile, will be judged according to the Gospel and their heart attitude towards it Rom 2:16, Mk 16:15-16; Acts 17:31

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

And ethnic jews do not think you shall escape the Judgment of God in that Day just because you are and ethnic jew or Abraham's seed by the flesh Rom 2:3-12

Vs 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

The Divine retribution will be meted out to the jew first and also to the greek, oh foolish ethnic jew and jew worshipers, there is no respect of persons with God vs 11

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

beloved57

Election Israel obtained the Promises !

Election Israel obtained the Promises !

Election Israel obtained the Promises , those unto the Fathers Lk 1:72-73

Election Israel obtained the Promises Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The Election Israel were those ethnic jews that were the foreknown Rom 11:1-2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

These are they of the ethnic jews that along with some gentiles, who were of the Foreknown and Chosen in Christ as Per Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Eph 1:4

beloved57

They were ignorant to the voice of their prophets !

They were ignorant to the voice of their prophets !

Acts 13:27

27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

For the most part, except for a very small remnant, the ethnic jews of israel were ignorant of the voice of the prophets, and God's promises announced through them, in that they understood them in a carnal non spiritual manner, when all along they were pertaining to this day of Grace 1 Pet 1:8-12

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

This they were clueless ! You see, the Gospel that was presently being preached by the Apostles, it was announcing the fulfillment of what the Prophets of the OT Prophesied that would come upon God's Chosen People at the first coming of Christ, the seed of the woman, of Abraham, of David, for it was all culminating in the Redemptive Work of Christ and the Glories that followed !

Now it should go without saying, that if the Election Israel hath obtained the promises that were prophesied of Israel, if they were obtained in Paul's day Rom 11:7

Then this ought more than inform us, that the land promises attending the promise of Gen 17:8 could not have been a literal physical plot of land ! Or Paul is mistaken when He wrote, the Election hath obtained it Rom 11:7 !

Status
Not open for further replies.