A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The consolation of Israel

The consolation of Israel

Lk 2:25-26

25And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israell: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

This Proves that the Church and Israel are the Same, that is Spiritual Israel. For Christ here who is said to be the Consolation of Israel, is the Head of the Church, and the consolation of the Church !

Paul writing to the Church at Rome wrote this Rom 15:5

5Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

To the Church at Philippi Phil 2:1

1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 Thess 2:16

16Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

Heb 6:18

18That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Remember Jesus Preached Matt 5:4

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Isa 61:2

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Paul again to the Church 2 Cor 1:6

6And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

beloved57

We know that the Church in the NT and Israel in the OT are the same when we compare and consider what is stated about Zion Isa 46:13 with what is stated about the Church Eph 3:21

Isa 46:13

13I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Eph 3:21

21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

For Zion and the Church are the same !

beloved57

Eph 2:16,11

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

What is both here ? vs 11

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Both means the circumcision [jews] and the uncircumcision [gentiles], Paul said both the religious jews and the pagan gentiles, both needed to be reconciled to God through the Cross.

This tells us that merely being an ethnic jew , circumcised See Phil 3:5, this meant nothing as regards to Salvation, as regards a relationship with the True God. Paul was brought to this understanding Phil 3:5-7 and Gal 6:15

Many deluded souls today are trusting in their Physical Relationship with Abraham, being a Physical jew, to put them in favor with God ! Those who do such despise the Cross of Christ..

beloved57

Christ and the Church !

Christ and the Church !

Eph 5:29-32

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

You see, Christ and the Church were pictured from the beginning of time, beginning with Adam and Eve; so why is it that people reject the Truth of Christ's Church being in the OT, in fact, it began with Adam and Eve. Christ's coming in the flesh is traced back to Adam Lk 3:23-38.

John the baptist, clearly an Old Covenant saint acknowledges the Bridegroom, Christ Jn 3:29

29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Who is Christ's Bride ? It is the Church. How did John the Baptist know this ? Of course John's knowledge of the church was incomplete, for it was a Mystery, but God did give him to understand that their was a special People in the world, and he knew it was not the jews, for John said to some of them Matt 3:7-10

7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. Note: not all of Abraham's Seed are of jewish descent ! Gal 3:29 !

10And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Paul tells the Church at Corinth, 2 Cor 11:2-3

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Eve was the Mother of the Church, that is of all Living Gen 3:20

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Her and Adam were the Church from the beginning !

beloved57

Matt 9:15 Jesus is the Bride Groom !

Matt 9:15 Jesus is the Bride Groom !

The Lord Jesus Christ identifies Himself as the Bride Groom Matt 9:15

15And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. See also Jn 3:29

And OT Scripture would Identify Israel's Bridegroom as Yahweh Isa 62:5

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Also Hosea 2:19-20

19And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. cp Matt 25:10

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

These scriptures tell us Two Things if we are born of God, #1 That Jesus Christ is Jehovah the Bridegroom of Israel, and Secondly, that the Bride Israel is the Church !

beloved57

We know the Church is Israel and ask, how could not the Church had been in the OT economy, when Paul writes of NT Believers in Christ, the Church that Abraham is the Father of us all ? Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The word father here is the greek word patēr and means:

a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David

Our English word for father is defined as:

a male parent.

a father-in-law, stepfather, or adoptive father.

any male ancestor, especially the founder of a race, family, or line; progenitor.

a man who exercises paternal care over other persons; paternal protector or provider: a father to the poor.

a person who has originated or established something

He is the founder of a Family by God's appointment, the Family of Faith.

Paul is writing to the Church at Rome, those whom He had heard of their Faith Rom 1:7-8

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Now , who wants to explain how the Church could not have been in the OT, when it's Father is ? The Church in the NT are His Spiritual Children by God : Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

But one may object, that's talking about Abraham's Spiritual Children of Faith,and that would be exactly right, and all of Abraham's Spiritual Children of Faith in the OT are the Church also. That would be Isaac and Jacob Heb 11:20,21

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

King David, Moses and etc are All the Children of Abraham by Faith Gal 3:7

The Household of Faith is the Church and it commenced way before the NT era began, in fact it began as early as Abel Heb 11:4

4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

You see, Abraham could not have been the Father of the Faithful in the NT which clearly is the Church, and it not also apply to the Children of Faith in the OT ! We are all of the same Father !

beloved57

A Saviour to Israel the Body of Christ !

A Saviour to Israel the Body of Christ !

Acts 13:23,42

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Why did the Gentiles seek Paul to Preach to them the very same Message on the next Sabbath, Notice from Vs 23-42 What was requested of Paul:

42And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

There was a reason for this, It is because Being a Saviour to Israel is the same as Christ being a Saviour to His Body Eph:23

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

For His Body is Israel which is comprised of gentiles, and Israel is His Body. So when it says that He [Christ risen] gives repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel as Per Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

He is giving repentance to that which He is the Head of His Body the Church which is comprised of gentiles, so we read also Acts 11:18

18When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Yes, Israel and the Body of Christ are the Same entity !

beloved57

The Church God's Inheritance, Israel God's Inheritance!

The Church God's Inheritance, Israel God's Inheritance!

Scripture complements scripture, and when we read in the OT something said or repeated in fashion in the NT, we can figure they are the same subjects, Like when God indicates that Israel is His Inheritance separated from other peoples of the earth by His own Sovereignty 1 Kings 8:51-53

51For they be thy people, and thine inheritance, which thou broughtest forth out of Egypt, from the midst of the furnace of iron:

52That thine eyes may be open unto the supplication of thy servant, and unto the supplication of thy people Israel, to hearken unto them in all that they call for unto thee.

For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O LORD God.

Now in the NT it is written that the saints at Ephesus are God's Inheritance Eph 1:15-18

15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

This is the same inheritance of God's people but just in different generations of Time !

Now, where all the jews without exception in 1 Kings 8:53 God's Inheritance ? No, only a Election of Grace within her !

Same with Eph 1:18 were all the people in Ephesus God's Inheritance without exception ? No, but only the Faithful and Chosen in Christ Jesus among them ! Eph 1:1-4

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Just as there were some in Ephesus Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation, there were some in 1 Kings 8:53 Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation, and they all are God's Inheritance !

beloved57

What was the Mystery ?

What was the Mystery ?

Col 1:27

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

The Mystery was Christ in you the Hope of Glory ! This is the Hope and mystery of the OT Saints also known as Israel. The prophets were moved by this Hope in them 1 Pet 1:9-11

9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Now that Glory that shall follow is connected to that Hope of Glory of Col 1:27 ! The difference is, that in this passage this hope is revealed to be also for some gentiles !

Isa 46:13

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Yes, that is the Hope of Glory that belonged to Israel of Old which included Gentiles. This Glory is premised on Christ's Righteousness revealed in the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

Christ in you, the Hope of Glory Jn 17:23,24,26

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

This is Israel's Glory always ! Isa 45:25

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

The Gentiles was part of that Seed Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

And so the promise is sure to all the Seed Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

What seed ? Isa 45:25

25In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

beloved57

1 Cor 3:11

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:20

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

If Christ, who is the Head of the Body , the Church, is the foundation stone of which the Apostles and Prophets are founded upon, we know the Apostles belong to the Church, The Body of Christ Eph 4:11-12

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Also 1 Cor 12:28-29

28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

Then why reject the Truth that the OT Prophets of Israel, like Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel etc also belong to the Church, the body of Christ, Christ being the chief cornerstone ?

beloved57

Gentiles are Partakers of Promises to Israel !

Gentiles are Partakers of Promises to Israel !

Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

That the Gentiles are fellowheirs and partakers of same Gospel Promises as Covenant Israel, means that they are included in the New Covenant Promises to the House of Israel as Per Heb 8:6-8

6But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Yes, The Gentiles were included in these New Covenant promises !

The New Covenant is that Gospel Promise by which all Israel shall be saved ! Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

That is what Paul means as the Gospel in Eph 3:6. That is why when all the Gentile Elect that are grafted into Covenant Israel, throughout this Gospel Dispensation, then All Israel shall be Saved[Rom 11:26] as Promised in Isa 45:17 ! This also confirms that Covenant Israel, not national Israel that was blinded, but Covenant Israel, the Election of Grace in that Nation, that is why it and the Church are the Same Body as Per Eph 3:6

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

beloved57

When Christ died, He gave Himself for the Church Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

When He resurrected, He rose as the Head of the Church ! And to make it plain that the OT Saints also were part of the Church, His Body, many of the Saints of the OT rose at His Death Matt 27:50-53

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

beloved57

The Twelve Tribes of Spiritual Israel !

The Twelve Tribes of Spiritual Israel !

The Church is composed of the Twelve Tribes of Spiritual Israel ! For they are the proper Heirs of the Gospel Inheritance and Promises through Christ ! Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Paul is speaking of the promise that the patriarchs received by Faith !

They, the Gentiles partake of the Promises and are heirs to them as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Now these Twelve Tribes of Spiritual Israel Rev 7:4-8

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

They are the fruit of, the Church's Twelve Apostles, whom Christ ordained to bear much fruit, and that their fruit should remain Jn 15:16

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

The Fruit of the Apostles Doctrines and Teaching, produces or brings to light the Twelve Tribes of Spiritual Israel, which is none other than the Church, the Body of Christ, who is also Israel of God !

beloved57

The Children of the flesh are not the children of God!

The Children of the flesh are not the children of God!

Rom 9:6-8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Abraham's natural children or seed of the flesh, was merely a type of His Spiritual Seed Israel. Ethnic jews alone, being born merely jews simply by natural generation, are not God's People, but belong to the devil as any other people. They are not the children of God Rom 9:8 and have no promises at all from God ! The only Children of God amongst the jews, and had a right to be called so, where the ones who were believing on the name of the Son of God Jn 1:12-13, so quite frankly this means, being of ethnic jewish descent did not constitute one a child of God. The only Children of God the bible knows of and have a right to be called or declared so, are those of Faith Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

So it is correct to say, no one, jew or gentile has the right to say they are the children of God, or they are the Chosen of God, who doth not manifest or give evidence of Faith in Christ ! Millions today say that the unbelieving jews in the middle east are God's Chosen, even though they in the majority give no evidence of Faith in Christ, they are designated God's Children or Chosen simply because of their flesh, which is unscriptural ! One of the biggest lies in false religion today is that reprobated jews are God's Chosen Children, but they are not, and neither is their any salvation promised to any but God's Children which have been chosen in Christ before the foundation. How can a ethnic jew, whose only birth is that of the flesh, be considered scripturally a child of God, and elect of God, for that contradicts Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

beloved57

The firstfruits of them that slept !

The firstfruits of them that slept !

1 Cor 15:20

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

When it states that Christ became the Firstfuits of them that slept, its speaking of all the Old Covenant Saints going back to the beginning of the world, whom all had a interest in His Death Lk 9:29-31

29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

From them to those whom died before His Second Coming in the New Covenant era, who at His coming shall raise them up. Also since this doctrine was delivered to the Church, of which Christ is the Head of, then both Old Covenant and New Covenant Saints are all His Own One Body, the Church, and So He is for all if them, The Firstfruits in His Resurrection from the Dead !

beloved57

Who is Israel and Judah here ?

Who is Israel and Judah here ?

Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

These are God's Elect, to whom God will not lay any charge Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Israel and Judah here is not speaking of Abraham's children of the flesh, but His Spiritual Children with the faith of Christ, who have received of the New Covenant blessings which is in His Blood. The Promise to them was Heb 8:6,8,12

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: See Matt 26:28

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Thats because of the Promise of Jer 50:20

All of this was premised on the Blood of Christ Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

beloved57

The 144000 was redeemed from among men, not from among ethnic jews Rev 14:1-4

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

The word earth here is used 70 times in Revelation and not once is it confined to ethnic jews only !

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

The word men is anthrōpos and means:

human being, whether male or female

a) generically, to include all human individuals

This indicates Spiritual Israel, God's Elect from amongst mankind, not from among ethnic jews

They are those redeemed from among men by the Blood of Christ ! The same as in Rev 5:9

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

beloved57

Accused of the jews !

Accused of the jews !

Acts 26:6-7

6 And now I stand and am judged because of the hope of the promise made by God unto our fathers,

7 unto which promise our twelve tribes, earnestly serving God day and night, hope to come. For this hope’s sake, King Agrippa, I am accused by the Jews.

Paul Preached the Hope of the Jewish Fathers, of the promise made by God unto them !

And yet, for that Hope, He was accused of the jews ! Why is that ?

Why was Paul accused of the ethnic jews of his time, of the hope He shared in common with the Twelve Tribes, that He clarifies as earnestly serving God day and night of hope to come ! Was it not the same Hope ? Evidently not ! So the Hope of the then twelve Tribes who were instantly serving God and of the Fathers, yes the Jewish Fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and Paul was not the same hope of those ethnic jews who accused and opposed Paul's Hope !

This was not the same Hope Paul had before his conversion when he followed scrupulously the jews religion, we gather that from his words here Phil 3:4-11

4 though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath grounds to trust in the flesh, I have more:

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; according to the law, a Pharisee;

6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; as to the righteousness before the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted as loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them but dung, that I may win Christ

9 and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith,

10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death,

11 that if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

So it is clear, that the Hope Paul had, and that of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Jewish Fathers, and the current Twelve tribes who were serving God instantly, was not the same hope of the majority of the other ethnic jews who accused Paul ! Who knows why ?

beloved57

When Paul preached the Gospel !

When Paul preached the Gospel !

When Paul preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to either Jew or Gentile, the same Gospel Rom 1:16, He was proclaiming to the Jews the fulfillment of God's Promises to that people per Acts 13:26-33

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God[Gentiles like Cornelius who feared God Acts 10], to you is the word of this salvation sent.

27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.

29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

30 But God raised him from the dead:

31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

But what was not so realized before, that Gentile Men and Women of other Nations also partake of this fulfillment through Christ of the promises made to the Fathers Eph 3:6

So the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His accomplishment of the Cross for the Church, this was the fulfillment of the Hope of the Twelve Tribes Paul mentions in Acts 26:6-7. The Hope of Israel, the True Israel of God, is not some earthly kingdom of glory for ethnic jews that they shall inherit, that is a main reason why Paul was so accused of the ethnic jews, for since His conversion to Christ and being made a Preacher, He no longer shared those erroneous traditional messianic views, generated by their fleshly minds ! The Promises made to the Jewish Fathers in the Gospel were spiritual and heavenly, and had to do with the Resurrection of Christ. And that these same words being preached in Acts 13 to the jews, was asked to be spoken next sabbath to the gentiles also, indicates that they were to be partakers of the same Gospel promises as to the Fathers Eph 3:6, we have it here in Acts 13 these words Acts 13:37-42

37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;

41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

beloved57

The True Israel of God shall be saved !

The True Israel of God shall be saved !

Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The True Israel of God shall be saved with an everlasting Salvation as promised, and this Israel is comprised of both jew and gentile believers in Christ. The Gentile addition is what Paul calls their grafting in the Covenant Tree Rom 11:17

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

This True Israel of God that SHALL be saved, not one them lost, is the Church of Christ whom He gave Himself for Eph 5:25

Status
Not open for further replies.