ECT A Preterist Time Chart

Danoh

So much for the assertion of some against Dispys and Time Charts :chuckle:

map.jpg

https://www.ecclesia.org/truth/preterism.html

Interplanner

I don't do Danoh, but I may have something relevant to the thread:

my time frame:
Mt 24A to v29 was about 1st century Judea.
After that is about the worldwide judgement of God, which was expected right after, but God delayed.

Interplanner

Until a person realizes that the end of the world and judgement was expected very soon, right after the destruction of Israel (Rom 2:5-9), in probably 1000 places in the NT, it will be muck. Some of Paul's churches thought they had heard that some of these things had happened already, Thess.

In 1 Tim 3, there is this song:

God appeared in a body
was vindicated by the Spirit
was seen by angels
was preached among the nations
was believed on in the world
was taken up in glory.

Like other places, Paul believed that the return therefore had nothing to prevent it from happening, because the whole world had been reached. We do know they got from Spain to India in the 1st generation. But clearly they thought this way, and expected this. they thought that the restoration of all things (Acts 2, heb 2:5's great salvation), the NHNE, was expected shortly. They did not expect there to be a delay.

That is what NT thought was like. It was in the 1900s that people thought there was a 'problem' with the Bible about promises to Israel, and decided to tinker with a 2nd reality, 2nd program, 2nd option. If there is a problem, the problem is 'why delay?' Or is that a problem? Isn't it just a matter of carrying on God's mission?

SaulToPaul 2

Until a person realizes that the end of the world and judgement was expected very soon, right after the destruction of Israel (Rom 2:5-9), in probably 1000 places in the NT, it will be muck. Some of Paul's churches thought they had heard that some of these things had happened already, Thess.

God appeared in a body
was seen by angels
was taken up in glory.

Like other places, Paul believed that the return therefore had nothing to prevent it from happening, because the whole world had been reached. We do know they got from Spain to India in the 1st generation. But clearly they thought this way, and expected this. they thought that the restoration of all things (Acts 2, heb 2:5's great salvation), the NHNE, was expected shortly. They did not expect there to be a delay.

That is what NT thought was like. It was in the 1900s that people thought there was a 'problem' with the Bible about promises to Israel, and decided to tinker with a 2nd reality, 2nd program, 2nd option. If there is a problem, the problem is 'why delay?' Or is that a problem? Isn't it just a matter of carrying on God's mission?

Made up.

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

Put down the commentaries, become a Bible believer.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Post wasn't done yet.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

The end of the world was already happening in Acts, as made clear by Peter.

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day.But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy.I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the L ord.And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the L ord Shall be saved.’ - Acts 2:14-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts2:14-21&version=NKJV

The end was already upon Israel in Acts 2.

But about 1 year after Christ's DBR, all of Israel had not yet repented and turned to God, so God cut them off in Acts 9.

God appeared in a body

I'm pretty sure "ephanarothe" means revealed or manifested, not vindicated... but that's a minor issue.

was seen by angels
was taken up in glory.

Like other places, Paul believed that the return therefore had nothing to prevent it from happening, because the whole world had been reached. We do know they got from Spain to India in the 1st generation.

There is nothing in scripture that states that any of the Apostles, Paul included, ever made it to Spain. It is possible they did, but it is not included in the story of the Bible.

The only (relevant to this topic) mention of Spain (the other mentions are in the Old Testament, talking about Tarshish) is by Paul, and he states that he hopes to go there, but it doesn't say he actually went there.

But clearly they thought this way, and expected this. They thought that the restoration of all things (Acts 2, heb 2:5's great salvation), the NHNE, was expected shortly. They did not expect there to be a delay.

As Peter said, what was happening in Acts 2 (Hebrews was written after the events of Acts 9, last I checked, so isn't talking about Acts 2) was IN FACT the end.

That sounds like commentary to me. Put down the commentary/ies and just read Scripture how it is.

Danoh

hardly clear. But the following is clear:
24A is about 1st century Judea events--the destruction of Israel
24B is about worldwide final judgement expected right after, unless the Father delayed. He did.

Yep - IP's Mid-Matthew 24 Preterism - not 2P2P, rather - MM 24 P :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hardly clear. But the following is clear:
24A is about 1st century Judea events--the destruction of Israel
24B is about worldwide final judgement expected right after, unless the Father delayed. He did.
Well I don't think GOD got too tired and needed to rest before continuing.
So what was the reason for the delay?

Danoh

Well I don't think GOD got too tired and needed to rest before continuing.
So what was the reason for the delay?

Perhaps God was not Mid-Acts but was actually Mid-Matthew?

If not, He is now - thank God that Interplanner came along to set God straight.

What a mess of a "theology" this Mid-Matthew of IP's is - STP, meet 24 P :chuckle: