A New Heaven And A New Earth

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You do know of the Lord's prayer. He taught His disciples to pray.

When is the kingdom of God?

When? that's strange question. It is what. when all the wicked is destroyed, we will be living in His kingdom.

I think we already did this discussion and I said I am not into prophesy.

Mine is just connecting here and there.

Wick Stick

I'm not sure what you mean here.

A follower and one who follows are different. To follow an argument or a train of thought was the subject. I believe you were presenting an idea. It's okay.

What does, "I know it isn't." mean?
I know it isn't... what you were talking about.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When? that's strange question. It is what. when all the wicked is destroyed, we will be living in His kingdom.

I think we already did this discussion and I said I am not into prophesy.

Mine is just connecting here and there.

What is the kingdom of God?

The when is a different question.

Jesus was not the first to speak of the kingdom of God. Before John the Baptist we have the prophets.

iamaberean

The Bible speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth.

What do we know of them?

It is my understanding that from scripture we can prove that the new heaven and new earth have not yet come to be.

I had the same question a while back, so I found an article by a Jewish theologian. She said this:

Heaven and earth is the place where man and Jehovah God did meet.
1. It is where Abraham took Issac to sacrifice.
2. It is where Jacob laid his head on the three stones.
3. It is the place where Solomon built the temple.

Some Jewish theologians also believe it was a part of the garden of Eden.
Heaven is his throne and earth is his footstool, Jehovah God and his people.

Jesus said Heaven and Earth would pass away but his word is forever.

In the book of Revelation John saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and earth had passed away.

It can only mean that Jehovah God has done away with the old covenant and temple and now has a new covenant with the children of Israel and a new temple (G-d in us).

The children of Israel today are those of faith, Jew and Gentile, and Abraham is our father.
Gen 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Covenant between Abraham and the Messiah (Jesus) and this covenant is forever.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I had the same question a while back, so I found an article by a Jewish theologian. She said this:

Jesus said Heaven and Earth would pass away but his word is forever.

In the book of Revelation John saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and earth had passed away.

It can only mean that Jehovah God has done away with the old covenant and temple and now has a new covenant with the children of Israel and a new temple (G-d in us).

The children of Israel today are those of faith, Jew and Gentile, and Abraham is our father.
Gen 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Covenant between Abraham and the Messiah (Jesus) and this covenant is forever.

Do you know where in the Bible the new heaven and new earth are spoken of?

That does help.

Ben Masada

The Bible speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth.

What do we know of them?

It is my understanding that from scripture we can prove that the new heaven and new earth have not yet come to be.

A New Heaven and a New Earth are references to a New World Order. In this case, it is about a new beginning in the life of God's People aka Israel. The last we have experienced has been reported by Prophet Ezekiel 37:22. That came about after the Lord Divinely rejected the Tribal system in Israel and caused the new beginning with the redemption of Judah. (Psalm 78:67-70)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A New Heaven and a New Earth are references to a New World Order. In this case, it is about a new beginning in the life of God's People aka Israel. The last we have experienced has been reported by Prophet Ezekiel 37:22. That came about after the Lord Divinely rejected the Tribal system in Israel and caused the new beginning with the redemption of Judah. (Psalm 78:67-70)

I actually don't know what you are talking about. We should all work to understand the Bible, but I don't believe the content of your words specifically. For all I know you may have your own understanding or interpretation.

Ben Masada

I actually don't know what you are talking about. We should all work to understand the Bible, but I don't believe the content of your words specifically. For all I know you may have your own understanding or interpretation.

That's natural not to understand but willingly to conform with the condition of lack of understanding is pernicious. For instance, did you read the quote I provided you with to enhance your understanding? I doubt it. Here is it again: (Psalm 78:67-70) Please, read it and let me know why if you still cannot understand.

iamaberean

Do you know where in the Bible the new heaven and new earth are spoken of?

That does help.

Jesus spoke of heaven and earth in Matt 24.
The disciples pointed out the temple to Jesus in Mat 24:1 and Jesus pointed out that the temple would be destroyed.
The disciples then asked Jesus when this would happen "when shall these things be, what will be the sign of thy coming and the end of the age?"
Jesus goes thru many things that would happen and then he said "Heaven and earth shall pass away". This is the statement that got me to looking to see what Jesus was referring to, it had to be something in Mat 24 or he changed the subject for no apparent reason. This is where the Jewish theologian pointed out that the place that God did meet with man was at Mount Moria, which is where the temple, that Jesus had pointed out, would be destroyed.

Knowing now that Heaven and Earth referred to the temple it was easy to see that heaven and earth also referred to the covenant, so when the temple was destroyed that generation living under the law was now gone forever and the new heaven and earth is forever.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus spoke of heaven and earth in Matt 24.
The disciples pointed out the temple to Jesus in Mat 24:1 and Jesus pointed out that the temple would be destroyed.
The disciples then asked Jesus when this would happen "when shall these things be, what will be the sign of thy coming and the end of the age?"
Jesus goes thru many things that would happen and then he said "Heaven and earth shall pass away". This is the statement that got me to looking to see what Jesus was referring to, it had to be something in Mat 24 or he changed the subject for no apparent reason. This is where the Jewish theologian pointed out that the place that God did meet with man was at Mount Moria, which is where the temple, that Jesus had pointed out, would be destroyed.

Knowing now that Heaven and Earth referred to the temple it was easy to see that heaven and earth also referred to the covenant, so when the temple was destroyed that generation living under the law was now gone forever and the new heaven and earth is forever.

Do the references to the new heaven and new earth show what you are saying or do they show something different / something else?

I know the temple was destroyed. But when did the new covenant come to be?

Jeep

This is starting to have a sort of "who's on first" feel to it.

No, I understand where Untellectual is coming from. He is looking for scriptural answers, not opinions.

May I suggest "Target Israel" by LaHaye. That got me started on my Revelation journey.

Also, I'm listening to a Revelation class online, and EVERYTHING, all your questions, can found in the Bible, (not on TOL),

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned

Those three examples take place in the "Old Testament", when the Holy Spirit was still rebuking the Cardinal in there (earthly people). However, in the "New Testament", Zacharias/Zechariah was told to be silent in the Church, and also to leave the Church. Jesus reaffirms this conclusion, by illustrating that he was crucified for attempting to bring the gospel into the church. God does not wrestle with sin to the same degree, that he has in the "New Testament" when confronting the believers, if they are not being faithful. That is what was being indicated.

That being said, I understand the position of implying that, for God to Reveal his Glory to man is a picture of the New Heaven and New Earth. Thus that conclusion immediately brings us to the events of the book of revelation, when God reveals his glory to the degree of bringing man into the New Heaven and New Universe.

Song of 144,000 = Spiritual Revealing of the notion of a New Heaven and New Earth (figure of 144,000 is simply a unified version of accounting for the tribes, where previously the tribes had all different values at all times before the approach to the book of revelation ... ... ... ... the whole body of 144,000 is another way of saying the New Heaven and the New Earth)
1. Jesus Sings the Song of 144,000 (Luke 10:21) (God)
2. Believers/Satan Sings the Song of 144,000 (1 Samuel 29:5) (Satan)
3. "Two Witnesses" Sing the Song of 144,000 (Rev. 15:3) (Babylon)

Lets begin with Rev. 15:3, where it says "They Sing", so its not referring to Moses directly, or David directly in 1 Samuel 29:5. What we have are the three major personalities of revelation that are unified. This is a description of the 5 Months of Revelation (there is no real difference between God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, the major personalities are the three listed).

Song of 144,000 alluded to by Song of Solomon? Fact Check
Chapter 1: Confirmation of the Covenant
Chapter 2: "Summer is Nigh", when the Fig Leaves Fall (Sign of Antipas/Antiparticle/Divorce)
Chapter 3: Gathering of the Five Virgins to get the Oil
Chapter 4: Repentance through Blood Sacrifice for Aaron
Chapter 5: Antichrist Reigning for Five Months (Solomon is not describing the God Man of Daniel)
Chapter 6: Last Remnant being caught up to the Third Heaven (Untoward Generation)
Chapter 7: Partaking of the Tree of Life/Resurrection of the Second Death
Chapter 8: New Heaven and New Earth/New Universe

Do the references to the new heaven and new earth show what you are saying or do they show something different / something else?

The New Covenant does not come into play, until the "Events of Revelation". We have this clocked in at 195 Days (2 Days for Rainbow of the 195). With particular attention for the last 40 Days of the Antichrist's Lifespan which reveals the "Temple Stones" of the New Covenant. We are about 3 days away until we enter into the last 40 Days of the Antichrist's Lifespan, to validate these conclusions. Or perhaps skips numbers 2 to 4 altogether, bringing us to number 5, the "Three Days of Darkness", we must keep watch.

Last edited:

daqq

I interpret "the heavens and the earth" as referring to the Hebrew nation. "The heavens" are the nobility and governors - the "small e" elohim. The earth are the people - the sons of adam - and adam means dirt.

Adam was formed of dust from the adamah. In the parable of the sower it is the soil of the heart which is the adamah, (which does not come through in Greek because "ge" is so often used for both adamah and erets). The erets-land is typically used in a more outward sense, as in the outer bounds-commons-profane area of the temple, (which is by allegory and typology, the flesh). So it seems we pretty much agree on the earth-land-soil: renewed heart equals renewed adamah-soil-earth.

iamaberean

The new covenant and heaven and earth went into effect the day Jesus was crucified.

The reason for the delay of 40 years (approx) is because of their unbelief. Their generation would walk in the wilderness just as they did in Moses day.

Num 14:33 And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant and heaven and earth went into effect the day Jesus was crucified.

The reason for the delay of 40 years (approx) is because of their unbelief. Their generation would walk in the wilderness just as they did in Moses day.

Num 14:33 And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.
The new covenant is in the blood of Jesus, in that He died for us.

The new heaven and the new earth... need to be seen as they are in scripture.