ECT A Christian forum administrator speaks out about Catholicism

Redeemed-777

From the Admin of another forum ...

So for the record, Catholicism is heresy. That's what the admins of this site believe.

Mary WAS A SINNER.

She needed a savior, just like you and me.

She is NOT the "mother of God". God has no mother, because God is God. Yes Jesus is God, and Mary was his mother, but we have to understand the dual nature of Jesus. He was 100% God yes, and also 100% man. Mary was his mother as a man, not as God. Nowhere does the scripture refer to Mary as the "mother of God". And in fact, she's not even mentioned in all the epistles. All the New Testament instruction to the church is all about Jesus, not Mary. They never said "hail Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners". They always said JESUS .. JESUS... JESUS.

So for the record, if anyone wants or needs to hear it, we don't agree with Catholic heresy. And yes it is heresy to exalt any other human being as sinless to the same level as Jesus (as the Catholics do with Mary -- they actually teach that Mary was sinless like Jesus!!!), and put equal focus on a person other than Jesus.

I saw my mother-in-law die before my eyes putting her faith in Mary. Days before she died I asked her if Mary can save her and she actually said yes. Then in her dying moments, my father-in-law pushed me in front of her to pray for her as she was dying before our eyes. I simply prayed out loud in front of everyone that she would put her faith in Jesus, and ONLY JESUS. There was protesting in the back-
ground "wala na Maria? wala na Maria?", which is Filipino language for "No Mary?? No Mary??".
You see how deceived they all are. It is sad. You see how the devil uses that poison to add
something to Jesus.

This is why I have been saying ...
Human beings are absolute and total spiritual idiots!
They all need the Lord God to reveal spiritual truth to them!

Doom

Sad indeed.

When you don't initially believe the gospel (Jesus died for our sins), you are left, not only trying to do something about them, but living in shame because of them, and in fear of approaching God as a result. Believing that Mary will stand in the gap, is judging God as the One who wants to punish us, and Mary the compassionate intercessor. Those who live with this kind of fear reject the love and grace of God in Christ, and they want to earn it.

I saw my mother-in-law die before my eyes putting her faith in Mary. Days before she died I asked her if Mary can save her and she actually said yes. Then in her dying moments, my father-in-law pushed me in front of her to pray for her as she was dying before our eyes. I simply prayed out loud in front of everyone that she would put her faith in Jesus, and ONLY JESUS. There was protesting in the back-
ground "wala na Maria? wala na Maria?", which is Filipino language for "No Mary?? No Mary??".
You see how deceived they all are. It is sad. You see how the devil uses that poison to add
something to Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 2

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Spitfire

Yes, we already know that many Evangelicals are astonishingly ignorant of what the Roman Catholic Church actually teaches about Mary. That is nothing new except maybe about there being nothing about her in the epistles. Galatians 4:4, anyone? Weigh Paul's words here against the idea that Mary served merely as an incubator and was only figuratively Jesus' mother. There is no reason why anyone who believes that Jesus is God ought to be offended by the term "mother of God" - what this says about Jesus has always been far, far more important to us than what it says about Mary.

"Hail Mary, full of grace" is straight out of the Bible. The only other individual described as "full of grace" in scripture is Jesus himself. Does that mean we don't believe Mary needed a savior? No. We believe that John the Baptist, the prophet Jeremiah, and any others who were specially consecrated to God before they were even born and may also have never sinned stilled needed to be reconciled to God through Jesus' passion before they could be admitted to Heaven.

Does Luke 1:28 mean YOU should believe Mary didn't need a savior? If you insist that your faith is informed by scripture and nothing else, then, if you want to be consistent, YES. If Mary was already so greatly favored and extraordinarily blessed by God (even before she agreed to be Jesus' mother) and the Lord was already with her, a far cry from the state of the rest of sinful humanity apart from Jesus described by Paul, what, judging only by scripture here, would she need Jesus for? I really don't understand why Evangelicals haven't thrown Luke 1 out of the Bible yet. All that heretical nonsense about Mary and babies other than Jesus being miraculously conceived and filled with the holy spirit before they were born has to be a huge mistake, right?

That all being said, many Catholics could afford to sharpen their understanding of what their own church teaches about Mary and her role as well. But what I don't think a lot of Evangelicals understand is that many Catholics don't understand how it could be possible to honor Mary without honoring Jesus as well. It's not that they choose Mary over Jesus.

Doom

Heavily favored, blessed among all others, and with the Lord = full of grace. You can't dodge that with a bad translation.
She was favored because she was chosen to give birth to Jesus. She was not giving birth to Jesus because she was special ( a bad translation)

Spitfire

All this was announced to be true of her before she had agreed and before she had conceived. You can't just dispel it with special pleading either.

Doom

All this was announced to be true of her before she had agreed and before she had conceived. You can't just dispel it with special pleading either.
You are full of something, and it's not grace.

The KJV reads this way:

Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

Mary was not "full of grace". Mary received grace (favor) from God, having been chosen to be the mother of Jesus, which is why she is blessed among all other women.

Your perversion of what is plainly said is duly noted, but it is just as false now as it was the day the demons inspired it.

The only person in all of history defined as full of grace is Jesus. John 1:14

"Hail" is a greeting to one that should rejoice. Mary was greeted by an angel to rejoice in the fact that she would bear a child, having received favor from God.

You make the same mistake the Jews make about being God's chosen people. It was not because they are special, but that the One who is special would be a descendant. Israel was protected by God in order to preserve the Seed that would bless the whole world.

The elitist cult that you have submitted your life to will guide you to eternal separation from the One whom you place below the "chosen" vessel by which He arrived. It's like Noah worshiping the boat.

Spitfire

Well, we do happen to believe that Mary was consecrated for the specific purpose of being Jesus' mother and would not have been blessed as such for any other reason, but still, he said the Lord was already with her before she had agreed and before it had happened. You try to say "that's not in the Bible!" when the words are right there. Who's perverting what here? Seriously, you guys need to find some way to get Luke 1 thrown out of your Bibles. Your position as "Bible-only" Christians (on this particular issue, not as though you don't have other issues involving other parts of the Bible) really makes no sense when that chapter says what it does.

Doom

Well, we do happen to believe that Mary was consecrated for the specific purpose of being Jesus' mother and would not have been blessed as such for any other reason, but still he said the Lord was already with her before she had agreed and before it had happened.
No one can be as dense as you. No wonder you are easily deceived.

Mary was chosen by God (for God must choose someone), and that announcement was made to Mary BEFORE she was with Child. The decision was made prior to the announcement (are you really that stupid?).

You completely ignored all the Biblical evidence against your false religious belief, but that is a common practice not only among the RCC's followers, but also the leadership that promotes their demonic doctrines.

musterion

They must have had a real problem with Jesuits and their drones infiltrating that board, to necessitate that statement.

Redeemed-777

She was favored because she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
She was not giving birth to Jesus because she was special
Mary was of a very special and unique group of righteous OT saints.

Check out Zach and Liz in
Luke 1 ...
5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias,
of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments
and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

As for Mary ...
28 And having come in, the angel said to her,
“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying,
and considered what manner of greeting this was.
30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
IMO, they do when they produce an icon of a huge Mary holding a tiny Jesus.
Obviously, the focus here is on Mary!
IMO, there is no place for that in the lives of true BACs.

This is why I say Jesus' followers should focus on Jesus' word.

Spitfire's defense on Mary worshipping is an excellent example of using other verses to justify their pagan faith.

Jesus did not indicate we need to give special attention to His mother, not even once.

Jesus is the focus of Christianity, not Paul nor Mary.

oatmeal

From the Admin of another forum ...

So for the record, Catholicism is heresy. That's what the admins of this site believe.

Mary WAS A SINNER.

She needed a savior, just like you and me.

She is NOT the "mother of God". God has no mother, because God is God. Yes Jesus is God, and Mary was his mother, but we have to understand the dual nature of Jesus. He was 100% God yes, and also 100% man. Mary was his mother as a man, not as God. Nowhere does the scripture refer to Mary as the "mother of God". And in fact, she's not even mentioned in all the epistles. All the New Testament instruction to the church is all about Jesus, not Mary. They never said "hail Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners". They always said JESUS .. JESUS... JESUS.

So for the record, if anyone wants or needs to hear it, we don't agree with Catholic heresy. And yes it is heresy to exalt any other human being as sinless to the same level as Jesus (as the Catholics do with Mary -- they actually teach that Mary was sinless like Jesus!!!), and put equal focus on a person other than Jesus.

something to Jesus.

This is why I have been saying ...
Human beings are absolute and total spiritual idiots!
They all need the Lord God to reveal spiritual truth to them!

Mariolatry is rampant in the RCC.

Idolatry of any sort is the welcome mat to spiritual and mental and physical disaster.

Mariolatry forsakes God and is nothing more than idol worship. Romans 1:23

oatmeal

Yes, we already know that many Evangelicals are astonishingly ignorant of what the Roman Catholic Church actually teaches about Mary. That is nothing new except maybe about there being nothing about her in the epistles. Galatians 4:4, anyone? Weigh Paul's words here against the idea that Mary served merely as an incubator and was only figuratively Jesus' mother. There is no reason why anyone who believes that Jesus is God ought to be offended by the term "mother of God" - what this says about Jesus has always been far, far more important to us than what it says about Mary.

"Hail Mary, full of grace" is straight out of the Bible. The only other individual described as "full of grace" in scripture is Jesus himself. Does that mean we don't believe Mary needed a savior? No. We believe that John the Baptist, the prophet Jeremiah, and any others who were specially consecrated to God before they were even born and may also have never sinned stilled needed to be reconciled to God through Jesus' passion before they could be admitted to Heaven.

Does Luke 1:28 mean YOU should believe Mary didn't need a savior? If you insist that your faith is informed by scripture and nothing else, then, if you want to be consistent, YES. If Mary was already so greatly favored and extraordinarily blessed by God (even before she agreed to be Jesus' mother) and the Lord was already with her, a far cry from the state of the rest of sinful humanity apart from Jesus described by Paul, what, judging only by scripture here, would she need Jesus for? I really don't understand why Evangelicals haven't thrown Luke 1 out of the Bible yet. All that heretical nonsense about Mary and babies other than Jesus being miraculously conceived and filled with the holy spirit before they were born has to be a huge mistake, right?

That all being said, many Catholics could afford to sharpen their understanding of what their own church teaches about Mary and her role as well. But what I don't think a lot of Evangelicals understand is that many Catholics don't understand how it could be possible to honor Mary without honoring Jesus as well. It's not that they choose Mary over Jesus.

Since God always existed, He did not need a mother to come into being.

Is God his own Father? Or did God have a father older than himself?

Sheila B

Why did the Holy Spirit choose a Virgin Betrothed to another?

Why did Mary deny this Spousal relationship to the Angel?