ECT 8 Things that sink D'ism

northwye

How did the dispensationalists on ECT get to the point of being mockers in resisting the truth according to II Timothy 3:8, II Peter 2: 2, II Peter 3: 3, and Jude 1: 18?

Is it that they are influenced by the Leftist mainstream media of 2016-2017?

I keep thinking of probably mostly older dispensationalists - Steve Quayle, Doug Hagmann and Rodney Howard-Browne - who are not obvious mockers and who have opposed the Marxist Left and the mainstream media in contrast to the apparent thinking of dispensationalists on ECT.

Steve Quail was one of the populist-patriot short wave broadcasters in the middle and late nineties who were the forerunners of the contemporary patriot-populist media. Doug Hagmann is a private investigator whose Hagmann Report became part of the Populist-Patriot new media. Like Quail, Hagmann is a dispensationalist and also like Quail, Hagmann is probably over 60.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How did the dispensationalists on ECT get to the point of being mockers in resisting the truth according to II Timothy 3:8, II Peter 2: 2, II Peter 3: 3, and Jude 1: 18?

Saying it doesn't make it so, North.

Is it that they are influenced by the Leftist mainstream media of 2016-2017?

Have you ever considered that we read the Bible instead of listening to authorities other than the Bible?

I keep thinking of probably mostly older dispensationalists - Steve Quayle, Doug Hagmann and Rodney Howard-Browne - who are not obvious mockers and who have opposed the Marxist Left and the mainstream media in contrast to the apparent thinking of dispensationalists on ECT.

Steve Quail was one of the populist-patriot short wave broadcasters in the middle and late nineties who were the forerunners of the contemporary patriot-populist media. Doug Hagmann is a private investigator whose Hagmann Report became part of the Populist-Patriot new media. Like Quail, Hagmann is a dispensationalist and also like Quail, Hagmann is probably over 60.

No idea who those people are. And I'm not sure how it's relevant to Scripture.

Interplanner

RJ wrote:
Have you ever considered that we read the Bible instead of listening to authorities other than the Bible?

...D'ists are 'an authority other than the Bible.' Just listen to RD and STP and Tam. They know no languages and they despise commentaries. Perfect candidates to dictate what D'ism says because:

(paraphrase) 'we have made sense out of the Bible which is otherwise a set of conflicting messages' --L. S. Chafer, early D'ist teacher at Dallas Th Seminary.

Interplanner

So this is a dictate?

"Simon has described to us how god at first showed his concern by taking from the Gentiles a people for himself. The words of the prophets are in agreement with this...

After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent...
that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,
and all the Gentiles who bear my name
says the Lord who does these things
that have been known for age."

The 'taking a people' was happening before them and was the prophecy.

SaulToPaul 2

So this is a dictate?

"Simon has described to us how god at first showed his concern by taking from the Gentiles a people for himself. The words of the prophets are in agreement with this...

After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent...
that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,
and all the Gentiles who bear my name
says the Lord who does these things
that have been known for age."

The 'taking a people' was happening before them and was the prophecy.

Nope, he just agreed that the salvation of Gentiles was in agreement with prophecy, NOT that they were
the raised tent of David. Your comprehension is terrible.

SaulToPaul 2

Just listen to RD and STP and Tam. They know no languages and they despise commentaries. Perfect candidates to dictate what D'ism says because:

You can know and understand everything that God wants you to know and understand with a KJB and the Holy Spirit.

Try it sometime. I dare you. Get a KJB and make up your mind to just believe exactly what it says.
Start at the beginning and go straight through it.

Interplanner

Your story is only true in your feeble little mind and those of other commentarians that believe like you.

Story? Context! The council was coming to terms with the reality of Gentile christians. If they were slow in Acts 1 about 'the kingdom of israel' they were really slow about the reality of Gentile christians! Amos 9 is quoted to say yes, they were coming and it has been known for ages!

It is no more complicated than that.

SaulToPaul 2

Story? Context! The council was coming to terms with the reality of Gentile christians. If they were slow in Acts 1 about 'the kingdom of israel' they were really slow about the reality of Gentile christians! Amos 9 is quoted to say yes, they were coming and it has been known for ages!

It is no more complicated than that.

Of course Gentiles were coming in, but they are not the raised tent of David.
Only a fool would think so.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't use a million. I use enough to settle a question with a best of three.
Best of three? So do you randomly select commentaries and open them up?

Why not just look at what the Bible says, and look at the context to see what a verse means? Seems to me that your method wouldn't be as reliable...

Interplanner

the first thing you find out is that not all of them speak about an issue that you would like them to. So you have to do some digging. If the publisher is respected and has a high view of Scripture, and the type of commentary is a Greek text commentary, then, yes, go with the best 2 of 3 that speak to a certain issue.

I have tried to paint the context of Rom 11 1000x and you have the same tapes running in your heads as now. Context means you tie in to chs 10 and 9 and even 2 about a true Jew. You have issues with Judaism the way Paul does.

You don't just find soundbytes and do electronic word searches, you really enter the person's world.

SaulToPaul 2

the first thing you find out is that not all of them speak about an issue that you would like them to. So you have to do some digging. If the publisher is respected and has a high view of Scripture, and the type of commentary is a Greek text commentary, then, yes, go with the best 2 of 3 that speak to a certain issue.

I have tried to paint the context of Rom 11 1000x and you have the same tapes running in your heads as now. Context means you tie in to chs 10 and 9 and even 2 about a true Jew. You have issues with Judaism the way Paul does.

You don't just find soundbytes and do electronic word searches, you really enter the person's world.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

Best of three? So do you randomly select commentaries and open them up?

Why not just look at what the Bible says, and look at the context to see what a verse means? Seems to me that your method wouldn't be as reliable...

I don't randomly select commentaries; I have to know the publisher has a high view of Scripture. Or other references toward that.