ECT 8 Things that sink D'ism

Interplanner

Why not just look at what scripture says, and then go from there? Skip the commentaries entirely...

The commentaries ARE ABOUT WHAT SCRIPTURE SAYS but they bring years of resources at their disposal. Many of them with many visits to the sites they are talking about. To the best research on those sites. To best language lexicons. You can tell when they don't have a high view of Scripture and discern that.

All you are showing is that you don't think it is a science to dig out this stuff.

I've done some work like that, presented papers to editors of major commentary series when they were professors at the graduate school I attended. There is nothing noble about sticking up your nose at good scholarship and ignoring it and make 'champions' out of it. You will always be rewarded.

The whole problem/blindspot here is you have an industry called 2P2P started by Chafer to make people "need" Dis'm because 'the Bible is a set of confusing messages' (there's a quote of him on that), and then it goes an invents an enemy to polarize support for itself. The enemy is RT and the wicked thing about it is how many people cannot see that Gal 3:17 is the RT we need to be concerned about, not Chafer's. You need to get this detangled, because it really wrecks a lot of passages.

Today's: STP fanatically quotes 'we do not yet see all things subject to him' to "prove" that Christ does not reign now. yet the same passage (I Cor 15) says on either side of that that he is reigning now and will reign until death is vanquished. It is the usual 'now but not yet' found everywhere in the NT, but the immature take the 'not yet' and bleat that we can't be in Christ's kingdom yet, no matter what Col 1 etc says.

I've worked for two years here just on mistakes people make fighting over English WHEN THE ORIGINALS ARE NOT IN ENGLISH!!! I hope I haven't wasted too much time.

SaulToPaul 2

Today's: STP fanatically quotes 'we do not yet see all things subject to him' to "prove" that Christ does not reign now. yet the same passage (I Cor 15) says on either side of that that he is reigning now and will reign until death is vanquished. It is the usual 'now but not yet' found everywhere in the NT, but the immature take the 'not yet' and bleat that we can't be in Christ's kingdom yet, no matter what Col 1 etc says.

Made up. His reign begins when he returns, and ends when he has destroyed all of the enemies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Then your whole position and purpose for being here has been dishonest.
On the contrary, I have learned a great deal from steko, STP, John w, Tambora, glorydaz, RD, and other MADs here. I believe what the Bible says, like they do. I can't believe what you say, you can't be concise and to the point. Too many words and sidestepping - you can't seem to explain anything cohesively. One thing I know is that you don't believe in any future plans for Israel, so that disqualifies everything you say.

Interplanner

On the contrary, I have learned a great deal from steko, STP, John w, Tambora, glorydaz, RD, and other MADs here. I believe what the Bible says, like they do. I can't believe what you say, you can't be concise and to the point. Too many words and sidestepping - you can't seem to explain anything cohesively. One thing I know is that you don't believe in any future plans for Israel, so that disqualifies everything you say.

Show me something incoherent about the NT core, the 10 principles of NT eschatology, the 8 things that sink D'ism.

but more to the point: you have to accept being based on the madness of Chafer, saying THE BIBLE IS CONFUSING AND NEEDS 2P2P TO MAKE SENSE.

Does that make sense, is that coherent? lol

STP is to the point with heb 8:8 so he can be dishonest 100x about how many times he has been confronted to explain the other 10 lines about the new covenant about which he is incoherent.

Danoh

So says the books based Bible expert.

Give me a break - much as I ride the MADs as being "so called MADs" - you have nothing even on the least of any of them on here.

On not a one of them.

And I am their harshest critic.

Fact: a person having newly embraced the very minimal basics of MAD would already have more on that alone than all your forty plus years of your head buried in your endless over reliance on your equally obvious ever endless books "about."

You are a joke, son.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

No it hasn't and people here who really know me know it's true.

Perhaps you're just disappointed that you have made absolutely no headway in your mission to dissuade folks from their dispensational approach to the scriptures.

You think that you see, but you don't and the handful of dispensationalists here see right through it all.

You're like the guy walking proudly through the room at the party unaware that he's dragging a length of toilet paper on his shoe. Everybody knows it but him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Who is your Lord? You should learn from Jesus, not from men.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Eph 4:11* And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;*
Eph 4:12* For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:*
Eph 4:13* Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:*
Eph 4:14* That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Eph 4:11* And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;*
Eph 4:12* For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:*
Eph 4:13* Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:*
Eph 4:14* That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Your point?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You said this:

I submitted inspired scripture from the ascended Lord Jesus which says that Jesus gave human teachers in the Church for the building up of the BOC and to keep them from deception.

Your point?

That was my point. The Lord Jesus gave men teachers in the church to teach other believers.

Inspired Scripture.
Read it.
Comprehend it.
Apply logic.
Relevance rendered.

I don't see the point. that's why I asked.

I hope that helped.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You said this:

I submitted inspired scripture from the ascended Lord Jesus which says that Jesus gave human teachers in the Church for the building up of the BOC and to keep them from deception.

That was my point. The Lord Jesus gave men teachers in the church to teach other believers.

I hope that helped.

Do you know that Jesus said let no one call you a teacher because He is the Teacher?