6th Annual Fellowship Week Has Now Begun!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fellowship_week_2008.jpg

For one whole week we will discourage harsh debate and ENCOURGE friendly discussions and conversation i.e., saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other.

No topics are out of bounds as long as you’re "nice" to each other. :)

At TOL we do this once a year, every year, for an entire week. It helps to break up the year and start fresh every spring!

TheologyOnLine is the ONE Christian site on the internet that encourages spirited debate and even down right "in your face" arguing. However, for ONE WEEK we are going to take a break and be nice to each other. This doesn't mean you have to accept some perverted world view or idiotic logic. It just means you need to find a more creative way of responding in which you are more "loving" or more "civil".

If it doesn’t cause you too much pain, you can even try being sincere in your kinder, gentler responses.

After fellowship week is over, it's business as usual: mocking, rebuke, debate, arguing etc can come back in all their glory.

JoyfulRook

I think I joined during one of the first fellowship weeks. And I think I slammed CattyFan for having a pansy avatar, because I had no idea what was going on. Good times, good times. ;)

C

cattyfan

I think I joined during one of the first fellowship weeks. And I think I slammed CattyFan for having a pansy avatar, because I had no idea what was going on. Good times, good times. ;)

:chuckle: I remember that!

C

cattyfan

Speaking of avatars, cattyfan, yours is just "wicked"! :reals: I watched LHOTP all the time as a kid. :up:

:angel: Nellie was always very nice when people were watching (she saved her venom up for later) :angel:

The Berean

:angel: Nellie was always very nice when people were watching (she saved her venom up for later) :angel:

Oh yes, Nellie was a conniver and manipulator. Do you remember the episode where she faked being paralyzed and made Laura her personal "slave" since Laura thought it was her fault Nellie was injured?

Then they replaced Nellie with that fake Nellie wannabe!

C

cattyfan

Oh yes, Nellie was a conniver and manipulator. Do you remember the episode where she faked being paralyzed and made Laura her personal "slave" since Laura thought it was her fault Nellie was injured?

Then they replaced Nellie with that fake Nellie wannabe!

Yeah...after Nellie married the Jewish guy. (Which was accepted in the story far more readily than it would have been at that time in history.)

That NuNellie was horrible.

The Berean

Yeah...after Nellie married the Jewish guy. (Which was accepted in the story far more readily than it would have been at that time in history.)

That NuNellie was horrible.

From what I've read the the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder were far different from the TV show.

YahuShuan

Wooops, looks like I missed that announcement, lol. Ah well, "two men can't walk together unless the be agreed" anyway. Maybe that's why I have very few "friends", I don't agree with them.

That's ok, I do have a "friend closer than a brother" and "that is enough" for me. And anyone who agrees with Him is my friend indeed.

Do you know anybody like that? I will fellowship with them!

But if they turn out not to agree WITH HIM, I will chop off their heads with His double edged sword...and it won't matter what week it is...will it:)

Satan don't take a break, neither will I.

At least I'm honest about it. Love you? Yes. His Way I do, "not of this world" type of love. Your eternity is more important to me than your smile. If you have that eternality in Messiah, then oh yes, your smile means something to me, so do your tears, and your illnesses. Until that occurs, all I see is mockery in a smile and my tears are because it is that way.

Show me better than Satan's laughter and the tears of the saints who bring the truth and I will gladly fellowship with a greatly gladdened heart. Until then, all I see are cowpies running with their mouths open.

If you "saw" you would agree.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

That's the first time I ever typed that. But in honor of fellowship week I thought I'd try it. It's a littly icky but not too bad.