3rd annual fellowship week coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard Seed

"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions"

-Soso...I mean Sozo

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

-Jesus the Christ

If that's not tolerance advocation then I don't know what is. Wonder if Sozo stands by his signature. Cause Christ sure dosen't

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by godrulz

Not identical, but similar (see Jesus cf. lust/adultery).
Is it always sinful to hate? (Remember our discussion earlier on this thread about name-calling?)

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by godrulz

Not identical, but similar (see Jesus cf. lust/adultery).

So
hate?murder

Yoda is a demon-possessed muppet.;)

Yoda?demon-possessed muppet

Yoda=fictional character portrayed by mechanicaly manipulated puppetry and/or CGI

Did you get the demon-possessed thing from 'proper exegesis' of the Bible? Is this another short comming of my 'deficiencies' in proper reading of the Bible? Is Yoda elluded to in Revelations? If that's so then did Martin Luther believe in Yoda since he rejected Revelations?

Mustard Seed

Darn forum wont let you put up a "does not equal" sign. That's what those first ? are. So just pretend that they are this "=" with a slash through it at an aprox. 45 degree angle.

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by Turbo

Is it always sinful to hate? (Remember our discussion earlier on this thread about name-calling?)

If your hating one of your fellow man, yes.

"I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men; and ye ought to say in your hearts, Let God judge between me and thee, and reward thee according to thy deeds."

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mustard Seed

"I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men; and ye ought to say in your hearts, Let God judge between me and thee, and reward thee according to thy deeds."
Yet another example of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon contradicting God and the Bible!

• [jesus]Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. [/jesus] Luke 17:3

Did you omit the citation in hopes people would think you were quoting the Bible? Nice try!

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by Turbo

Yet another example of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon contradicting God and the Bible!

• [jesus]Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. [/jesus] Luke 17:3

Did you omit the citation in hopes people would think you were quoting the Bible? Nice try!

I was hoping it would make people look. It's actually in a revelation from God to Joseph. It's found in the Doctrine and Covenants, not the Book of Mormon. So tell me. Do you know your scriptures sufficiently to tell that it wasn't from the Bible without running it through some sort of aided search?

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by lighthouse

Really, MS? I didn't know that.:rolleyes:

There is also a distinction between rebuking in the spirit of contempt and doing such in the spirit of love. Rolling eye's is generaly associated, in this case, with contempt.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I did it because I was being sarcastic. The majority of posters on TOL, at least the ones who are worth listening to, know that rebuking is a loving gesture.:doh:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mustard Seed

I was hoping it would make people look. It's actually in a revelation from God to Joseph.
It's obviously not from God. It contradicts Christ's words. He said to forgive others if they repent.

• [jesus]"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him.'"[/jesus] Luke 17:3-4

[jesus]"Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.' And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector."[/jesus] Matthew 18:15-17

It's found in the Doctrine and Covenants, not the Book of Mormon.
Potato, potahto. I stand corrected.

So tell me. Do you know your scriptures sufficiently to tell that it wasn't from the Bible without running it through some sort of aided search?
Of course! I immediately recognized that your quote contadicts Luke 17:3-4 and Matthew 18:15-17. It sounds like something a nicer-than-God Christian would assume is in the Bible somewhere, but it sure doesn't sound like something the true and living God would say.

You too should recognize that your quote contradicts what God has revealed in the Bible and therefore reject Joseph Smith as a false prophet.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I thought the whole point of 'Fellowship Week' was: "For one whole week we will discourage harsh debate and ENCOURGE friendly discussions and conversation i.e., saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other."

That's what they say, anyway........

Status
Not open for further replies.